All Fired up - 14 Beacon guide. Slightly improved.

iwatake

i can't check it out but i think you need 81 summoning for the bear, because it's like a arctic bear right? and those r 71 summoning so you need 10 lvls higher to talk to them. i'm not sure! but maybe someone could try it out?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't check it out but i think you need 81 summoning for the bear, because it's like a arctic bear right? and those r 71 summoning so you need 10 lvls higher to talk to them. i'm not sure! but maybe someone could try it out?

I can try it out, just wait a bit. 86 summon ftw=)

And by try it I mean bring my own polar bear, because I talked to it yesterday with my 86 summon and didn't get a thing out of him.

EDIT: Here is something I found on the RSOF:

"When you first arrive he asks if you are the snack he ordered, and never mentions what sort of snack he would like apart from yourself.

Perhaps a bug or perhaps some future update, or a missed clue as to what snack to give him to look after the beacon. "

Maybe we need to give him some kind of meat.

so if your silly enough to use magics on them all.. and pre-stock each one, its quite easy.. but you need 92 firemaking to get that one (or 89 with pyrelord (can someone test to see if that works))

you don't NEED to get the bear on your side but what about a "fake man" from a quest? can you make another and give or whats been tested?

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

so if your silly enough to use magics on them all.. and pre-stock each one, its quite easy.. but you need 92 firemaking to get that one (or 89 with pyrelord (can someone test to see if that works))

you don't NEED to get the bear on your side but what about a "fake man" from a quest? can you make another and give or whats been tested?

you mean this one: Linksie here

or we just need to feed him a pinguinzel?

you mean this one: Linksie here

or we just need to feed him a pinguinzel?

yeah good job finding that man :)

seems its a better option if you don't have 92 firemaking to get the ring and gloves as you can to give more exp (faster lvling) cause its taking like 40-50k gp worth of maples off to use a Summoned Fire monster + ring and then once i hit 79 I do again to get the gloves.

(btw using the summons monster takes like 100k gp off, it might be slower but if you already have the pouches there is no extra cost)

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Alright, good pyro!

I knew you didn't have to blow 353k on all magic logs for it all, heh :thumbsup:

I know, jagex really made it unnecessarily hard to use the 3rd to last beacon attendant... and most people probably won't use him, he's so far down the line it doesn't really matter, unless someone is trying to do this with the lowest level possible logs with this, or something, lol.

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

Can't you just visit the beacons before and give the attendents what they want and/or repair the stuff needed so that when it's crunch-time and you are going around liting them up you don't have to bother with those stuff?

Sir_Nitram99.png

8 skills at 99: Herblore - Farming - Cooking - Firemaking - Woodcutting - Fletching - Magic - Crafting

My tactics.

Go through the beacons once to get a feel for where they are. Add logs to each. The first 2 mages, second 2 yews and the rest maples. Fix all entry points and satisfy the attendants.

Then I split the actual lighting into 3 runs all with Terrorbird and Scrolls. Pools will work also. Pay the attendants.

Wear lightest gear you can with glory and duelling ring (in case of mistakes)

RUN 1:

Start Canifis

10 mages

10 yews

Varrock Teleport

10 Maples (In Familiar)

1 River Salve

2 Rag and Bone Man

Tele to Varrock

3. Jolly Boar

4. North of Varrock Castle

5. North of GE

6. Edgeville

RUN 2:

Start Edgeville

Catspeak Amulet

15 Maples

Games Necklace

Falador Tele

Trollheim Tele

10 Maples (In Familiar)

This one is a bit slower.

7. Monastery

Tele to Falador

8. Goblin Village

Games Necklace

9. Burthorpe

Tele Trollheim

10. Trollheim Shortcut

11. Death Plateau (Accessed from Wildy, run South from Trollheim shortcut.)

RUN 3:

Start Edgeville or Castle Wars

Super Restore x 2 (depends on your stats, maybe 3)

5 Maples

Tele to Trollheim

Tele to Trollheim

12. GWD (You will probably need a Super Restore to light the beacon as the ice effect drains your stats)

13. Temple in Wildy

14. Ice Plateau (Before you get to the ice giants and spiders and other nasty things protect from melee, may need a super restore)

I easily did it this way, including a huge mess up where I took super energy and not super restores. I still had time to glory to Edge, get the correct pots, and continue from beacon 12. No warning messages at all, so seriously don't worry about going back to the first few, mages will suffice.

All in all I think this way is pretty cheap and accessible to most. I could have faffed around with Goblin Spheres, Mind Tele and Lunar Tele/Ice Tele but its not really worth it if you can suffice with just a glory and a standard teleport spells.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Yeah, I'm not sure what you guys are talking about with the polar bear attendant, because I neither gave him a fake man nor have 81 summoning for the theories you guys had. Are you sure your FM level was high enough or had fixed the wind breaker completely when you tried lighting it?

Edit~~

Come to think of it, I had cooked monks in my inventory while I was stocking it, so maybe he ate one of them when I talked to him or when I repaired the windbreaker...

Or, you could just not give logs to him, because he's the 3rd to last attendant and if you're taking long enough for that fire to die down, your obviously taking too long to get any rewards at all >_>

Burn_All.png

Thanks guys.

Okay, so invisible firemaking boosts don't work... I wonder if a normal boost (E.g. evil stew, like anyone would do all this and leave the last few beacons to chance) would work instead?

(Nobody test that, unless you absolutely want to)

Thanks again pyro. I hope random cooked fish works...

But you're right, it's almost worthless using him as an attendant anyway. You'd be almost done, and that fire should last.

Edit - also, thanks lordkafei, so working it backwards or forward will work, just depends on the logs you use I guess ::'

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

Thanks guys.

Okay, so invisible farming boosts don't work... I wonder if a normal boost (E.g. evil stew, like anyone would do all this and leave the last few beacons to chance) would work instead?

(Nobody test that, unless you absolutely want to)

Thanks again pyro. I hope random cooked fish works...

But you're right, it's almost worthless using him as an attendant anyway. You'd be almost done, and that fire should last.

Edit - also, thanks lordkafei, so working it backwards or forward will work, just depends on the logs you use I guess ::'

Yes you can do them in any order. I found it more sensible to do the Trollheim Shortcut before the Death Plateau. Then bank before the last 3. Got the items no issue.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I managed to light 10 beacons, all with maple logs, and when I finished, they were all going strong... for a few minutes afterward. I think I could light them all using all maples...:

10wmapleui0.png

Also, another good discovery!

You get exp bonuses for having so many beacons alight. See here:

beaconbonusesyv8.png

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

Here's the information I was looking for, from the runescape General Discussion forum :thumbsup: :

Well I wanted to find out how great this might be, and I did some number crunching, so I think I'll show you my work.

There's a 2772.5exp(13-15 yew logs) minimum for lighting each and every one. Not that great for 280 logs, right?

Well, if you were to light each and everyone you'd also get the bonuses that (I believe) stack. The total for every one lit is 44527.4exp (or close to 219-222 yews)!

Now, bear with me, I haven't been on the game yet so I haven't personally tested this. I would really like to believe the knowledge base, but as stated previously....it was indeed flawed =p

Hmm, I calculated only 37k xp, with about 39k if you used the fire ring and glove combo. Here's the kicker:

YOU CAN USE WILLOW LOGS and get the same xp. So, get the Ogre quest done so you have infinite run option, load up all the pyres, get your infinite run, light each and everyone in less than 10 minutes.

The question then is: How fast can you do all this? 280 yews (417 each) costs about 117k. 280 willow logs (about 18 each) cost 4320 gp. So the cost saving is there to use low level logs. Only saving point then is the time it takes to do a full round to load up then get 14 pyres lit. I assume it takes 20 minutes to burn 280 yew logs, so use the 40k XP, 4500 gp cost (plus travel costs which I'm sure is high per round) and time to compare to yew's 117k gp cost, 56k xp and 20 minutes.

This kb link shows specifics: http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=790

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

Excellent guide thanks. I did a few variations myself and wrote on a bit of paper exactly where i was going and what i needed etc and did it on my first attempt using Eucalyptus logs.

Cheers ^_^

cheerssm5.png

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Glad to help, guys ::'

lassar teleport on ancients gets you to the black knight fortress.

i guess, using lunar will help.

You mean ancients both times, not once? And that really doesn't help too much, it's more of a hassle changing to that and back (unless you're already ancients) just for that spell and tab to trollheim, in my opinion. If you pre-load all the beacons it really isn't necessary.

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

Inferno_Adze.gif ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Thanks guys.

Okay, so invisible firemaking boosts don't work... I wonder if a normal boost (E.g. evil stew, like anyone would do all this and leave the last few beacons to chance) would work instead?

I tried this today using the evil stew (orange spice, even though it says brown in the knowledge base). I got my +4 boost from the stew and lit all the beacons at level 88 firemaking. I now have the inferno adze, but when I try to equip it, it says that I need 92 firemaking to wield it. I can use it to cut wood, but the logs do not seem to be burnt by the adze.

fimkt2.png