All Fired up - 14 Beacon guide. Slightly improved.

iwatake

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just how fast can you do it?

Because if I read it right (probably dont lol) then you dont get a bonus for lighting the 14th beacon as much as you do for lighting a beacon with 13 others burning....

So if you were very fast (and had a good bob) you could light 14, get back to the start, and then the next run every single beacon you light will be the 14th one.

granted you have to bank for logs and such, but the idea of getting 250 exp per log regardless of what log it is...and I'm sure it's probably faster than burning rows. you'll probably need yew or even mages for the high wildy ones (and getting between them and a bank is likely the catch here as you'd need 22 invent slots + a war tort to hold enough for 2 beacons, the tbird cant cut it for 2). but you can probably get away with maples for the rest. still, the limit is round trip time inc banking. you may have to use mohog or yews.

Creater of QuestRanker

"I hate it when my target's die laughing, makes me think my fly is open or something"

-Me

i did a slight variation. it's very fast. if you havent done it yet; you may want to try this route. nice guide btw. very thorough.

[hide=]if you have the levels and equipment this is a fast way to do it. you have to talk to each tender to make sure they can tend it. do this ahead of time; make all the repairs and give them the items they need.

my route: 1st load all the spots up with 20 logs each; i used maple. after you've done that you're ready to go. before you go, use ooglog pool. summon your best beast of burden; load them up with logs. use the button next to call to put logs in your inventory when you need them. i used yak.

items for route: take all of them with you! only 1 banking with decent beast of burden!

tinderbox

catspeak amulet

slayer ring

goblin village sphere

combat bracelet

games necklace

glory amulet

digsite pendant

trollheim runes x4?

you may need 1 super restore. i didnt but you may.

always give the tender 5 logs; i have my inventory open so i see when the logs are given then i go.

use ooglog pool. teleport with slayer ring. use the shortcut.

start out with river salve and rag and bone. immediately teleport to goblin village.

from there teleport to burthrope.

teleport to monastery with combat bracelet for blk knights 1.

teleport with digsite pendant.

do jolly boar 1.

do the 1 north of varrock palace.

grand exchange 1.

glory to edge or walk to edge; get that 1.

bank at edge; get more logs. get trollheim runes.

teleport to trollheim.

get the 1 east of trollheim. go into wildy with shortcut.

walk south and get that 1 in wildy.

teleport to trollheim.

get the gwd 1. when at gwd, hold down ctrl. :) it makes a difference.

use shortcut to wilderness.

get the 1 north of the temple.

drink your super restore, if you need to; i didnt but you may. run up to ice plateau; get the last 1. :) you're done.

tips: use a non-laggy world; it's best. become very familiar with the areas especially the shortcuts. dont stress. every second counts. always give the tenders 5 logs. divide the areas up and go over the route in your mind before you go. when you arrive at a spot you should know what you're going to do right after; so while you're lighting it or giving the tender logs, look for your next location; i wrote mine down; so i wouldnt have to rely on memory. if you want you can take an enchanted diamond bracelet for the last 2 ones. optional.

advantages for this route are:

the wildy 1's dont have tenders so they will burn out if you do them 1st. that's why i do them last.

finishing it at ice plateau is sweet because you dont have to teleport anywhere from there and of course you'd have to get to 30 wild if you wanted to, so just finish it there.[/hide]

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

When you first do this mini game you need 15 logs per beacon plus 5 for the 12 NPC's, totaling 270 logs, quite a challenge but reasonably easy.

However If you lose the Inferno Adze it is lost for ever, just like skill and quest capes and you will have to do the beacons again to regain it, or the ring or gloves.

You will need 20 logs for each beacon (which is better because you dont need to carry any extras for NPC's), just gather all possible teleports and jewelery later after setting up,which really does help speed things along.

As a continuing mini game though, this just isn't worth repeating, 280 yew logs = 56,700xp every 20-25mins as against 39,600xp for a good 2 hours work, add the expence of runes :( and deadly risks :ohnoes: , why bother.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice guide,

I just got 79 fm and got the gloves,

I did it this way:

(filled all beacons with magic logs to be sure)

*took a dip in the run-pool at oglog

Beacons 1-2

slayer-ring to tower

forgot using shortcut and instead walked to paterdomus :S (will use shortcut at 92)

Beacons 3-5:

ring to castle war (have willow log ready) and balloon to varrock, drops you almost on top of beacon 3

Beacon 6

at beacon 5, glory to edge

Beacon 7:

combatbracelet to monastery

Beacon 8:

goblin sphere

Beacon 9:

combat bracelet to warriorsguild (saves you the stairs, so faster)

Beacon 10:

trollheimtele

I gave the assistant every time (except at last beacon) logs to guard the fire. After beacon 10, i went claiming the firegloves, then doubt a few secs what to do and decided to check the fire, the first one was still blazing brightly :)

When at 92fm, i'll do about the same, but make sure the GWD-beacon will be one of first I'll lit (maybe right after 1 and 2)

Zammy temple and ice plateau will either be by using lava titan or ice plateau tele (i'll make some teletabs then)

• 2 weeks later...

Haha finally got it, the first time i used yew logs on the first 2 ones then maples on the next and it didn't go very well :( but then the next time magic logs on the first two and yews for the next ones and then maples on the burthrope and up. Wasn't expecting to do it since i made a million mistakes but ohwellll.

::'

• 4 weeks later...

Nice, but here's my 2 cents:

1) For first two best logs you can use? Quite sure at 92 it's mages for everyone :)

2) Here's how I did it and which is the safest option even if you lag a bit. This is to use if you're not sure if you'll make it.

a) For the first five, use mage logs + pay. That's 5*25=125 mage logs.

B) For the next five, use yew logs + pay. That's 5*25=125 yew logs.

c) For the last 5, just use maples or something, don't bother paying. That's 4*20=80 logs. I suggest maples, they're really cheap anyway. But you can use willows too, I guess.

It's a bit more expensive than yewing them all, I guess, but way more safer. That's how I did and what I suggest everyone do :)

Profins.png

specty.png

tysm Iwa <3 I never thought of earth tab.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge