Terrible naming of items

Miner52289

Just today I finally found out why there was no "Dragon Dagger (p++)" in the GE. The reason? Instead of logically following the pattern of:

Dragon Dagger

Dragon Dagger (p)

Dragon Dagger (p+)

and making the dagger with the super poison++ called "Dragon Dagger (p++)" Jagex decides to call it "Drag Dagger (p++)". I mean honestly, wtf??? I've had the stupid (p+) for the longest time because I thought it was the best dragon dagger but no, Jagex just has to use their terrible naming system...and I could've been dealing more poison damage to Iron/Steel Dragons and KBD all this time...UGH that pisses me off.

Other item's I've noticed this with are some trimmed dragonhide items (both the blue and green D'hide (t) bodies are named the EXACT same thing, same with the chaps)

Anyone else hate this as much as I do?

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

I find that shortening the name is superficially extraneous to the name or conservation of memory to store said name.

They really should just name it dragon dagger (p++). Not for the reason you stated, (use the knowledge base or fansites for looking up poisons...) but just because it would make sense.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Are you kidding me... There is a Drag Dagger (P++)??!??!111

Wow that's so stupid, I have a p+ and I thought they took away the super poison for dragon daggers.. How stupid...

Exactly what I thought.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

Are you kidding me... There is a Drag Dagger (P++)??!??!111

Wow that's so stupid, I have a p+ and I thought they took away the super poison for dragon daggers.. How stupid...

From the Herblore Guide:

Weapon poison (p)

Weapon poison+ (p+)

Karambwan paste: Can only be applied to spears (kp)

Weapon poison++ (p++)

It's not Jagex's fault you can't pay attention to the game.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

im not a member but some of these idiotic names come across in f2p as well. i think that the ge database should pick up "nick names" for example. instead of writing scimitar u just need scim or scimmy.

That would be hell. First off, you can do "scim" because its part of scimitar. And as for scimmy, its not always called that. Iv seen cimmy, simmy, sim, etc. WAY too many and no one would be able to find anything.

They just need to fix the certain things.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

For a while I just thought they couldn't be bought on the GE, but I knew they existed so I just bought a normal dragon dagger and super poison. Addy stuff really annoy's me though... there's addy, adam, adamant, and adamantite. I think that's a bit much.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I agree, especially with the Addy, Adamant and Adam point. That's a lot of names. Of course, you could blame him for not searching "dagger", but it still should not be like that. Perhaps a system where searching "dragon" for example brings up results for all the official names used, for example "dragon dagger (p+)" and "drag dagger (p++)".

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

im not a member but some of these idiotic names come across in f2p as well. i think that the ge database should pick up "nick names" for example. instead of writing scimitar u just need scim or scimmy.

Yea, why should Jagex make players strain themselves to type in all 2 of those extra letters to get a proper word. What country does Jagex work from? Pretty sure we're sending our money to aid in the new Soviet Regime.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Well, I don't much have a problem with the metals, cause really, I don't much use adamant anymore. Plus, I knew that DDS's still exist and do exist cause I had one before and after the update! The major problem I see with this is in Construction. Construction flatpacks have really really messed up names. One even had 3 apostrophes in it. "Oak Ar'm'r C'se" or something like that. JAGeX might be able to do something like add tags, but so far their search system is still based on the names of the items (that they make up!).

r2kuft.gif

Click Here for my RSOF 99 Construction G&A thread! Post your support!

Well, how would one go about making those items easier to understand?

Poisoned Dragon Spear

Super Poisoned Dragon Spear

Karambwan Poisoned Dragon Spear

Ultra Super Poisoned Dragon Spear

Personally I like the shorthand better. Just flip through the KB and you'll get it sooner or later.

Adamant is worse, it has adam, addy and adamant.

Adamantine.

I thought it was Adamantite. What is Adamantine?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Adamant is worse, it has adam, addy and adamant.

Adamantine.

I thought it was Adamantite. What is Adamantine?

Adamantine is the attempt to try to name the adamant set of items. Adamant is the metal. Adamatantite is the made-up ore.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Adamant, but, hmm no spell check for the word "adamantite" might just be me though but i don't think the word "adamantite" is a true solid word. but thats just me and possibly off topic. dragon dagger(P++) is a bit long so they probably tried shortening it and putting it in a different category. so searching for (P++) in the grand exchange shows all of the dragon daggers in a list. weird, eh? its a big stupid as well because if a beginning player tries to search for a (P++) d d they possibly wont find it. such thing with tz shield, (obby shield). dragon dagger, dragon dagger(P?), dragon dagger(P+), "drag"dagger(p++). but yeah its a bit odd that they would miss categorize dragon dagger. i'm sorry if i'm typing a bit to much.

Adamant: sword, shield, plate, plate legs, helm, etc

Adamantite: The ore? and, or; the bar?

Adamantine: ?

rdakillatr1.jpg

thanks to axeraider70 for creating the beautiful signature!