gotta love 1 year+ teasers!

Rahila

I don't really make as many posts on tif as I used to, but i was just thinking about the new updates coming and randomly i remembered something...

I beleive it was last july, jagex implemented the varock library udpate and as a side reward from it we were given xp lamps. but what about the big reward? we are supposed to be allowed to visit some secret island or something using the barge that has been in the process of being built for over a year.

So basically, people thought the varrock library might bring the archeology skill to rs, and when it didn't, people thought this new island would be a big update (even though we knew little about it). Personally i thought the boat would be "finished" last august or AT LEAST last year. But here we are appoaching september 2008, and not a sound has been made about this strange update from last july.

all i want to know...is why the hell did jagex release something like that so early and just leave it in the dust? for all we know they could have just forgotten about it and moved on, because that sure is what it seems like...

what are your thoughts about this?

I think jagex makes hese things to hear what WE think will be there, like the ge trapdoor. Maybe they had better things to be doing...?

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

Some of the bigger updates take more than year to plan, develop, debug and test. They've gotta make sure everythings up to scratch and how they want it before they release it

Of course i realize that, but don't you think it's a little rediculous that they released the concept of the boat over a year ago? i mean why not just wait until they have it all ready at once??

Jagex is a fan of releasing teasers, sometimes i think that they make the first part, then let the us think of the rest...i mean theyre only human and ideas dont come out of nowhere =0

ty for translating my message from my idiotic-onuasdad's-unreadable-and-neglected-spammy-message to TIF langauge. I appreciate it.

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

Jagex is a fan of releasing teasers, sometimes i think that they make the first part, then let the us think of the rest...i mean theyre only human and ideas dont come out of nowhere =0

ty for translating my message from my idiotic-onuasdad's-unreadable-and-neglected-spammy-message to TIF langauge. I appreciate it.

You forgot the sarcasm html tag! ;)

They do this for suspense!

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

I was'nt being sarcastic abut that... everyne on TIF ignores my posts so I'mglad someoe else said it so people would get to the point.

this reminds me of the bird eggs that came out with the bird nests.

and they came out like 3, mabye 4 years before summoning came out? :?

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

Sometimes I get the impression that Jagex releases the start of the story then sits back and waits for what the players want/think is going to happen. If you really think about it, it's a win-win...players get what they want and Jagex gets a fresh new idea to start from. :)

It cant be a 'fresh' idea; if jagex USES the idea, it's not fresh =.=

but then, lets all thnk of one thing and say it on the RSOF. then we get a christmas cracker respawn under te trapdoor in the ge >.<

its good for them to have loads of "cut-offs", that way there ain't as much pressure if they ever want to release a sequel for something which people think is over.

bird eggs arew a good example, jagex probably didn't even have summoning in mind when they added em.

2Xeo5.png

its good for them to have loads of "cut-offs", that way there ain't as much pressure if they ever want to release a sequel for something which people think is over.

bird eggs arew a good example, jagex probably didn't even have summoning in mind when they added em.

when I was reading a development diary, it said a mod made plans for a summonin skill in 2003 I belive?

when I was reading a development diary, it said a mod made plans for a summonin skill in 2003 I belive?

Sounds like they ran slightly behind schedule.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Sometimes I get the impression that Jagex releases the start of the story then sits back and waits for what the players want/think is going to happen. If you really think about it, it's a win-win...players get what they want and Jagex gets a fresh new idea to start from. :)

It cant be a 'fresh' idea; if jagex USES the idea, it's not fresh =.=

but then, lets all thnk of one thing and say it on the RSOF. then we get a christmas cracker respawn under te trapdoor in the ge >.<

Umm...after they use it it's not "fresh" anymore, yeah.

What I was trying to say was when Jagex cuts off a storyline they get to see the speculation of the players and have some ideas to choose from and build off of.

sig1ju.jpg

I was'nt being sarcastic abut that... everyne on TIF ignores my posts so I'mglad someoe else said it so people would get to the point.

Someone needs a hug ::'

how is ure sentence negleced...just cause 50 ppl dont quote doesnt mean its neglected =/ im sure no one ignores you on purpose...altho having a little more info on ure posts is nice :P

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Is there a quest storyline out there that has actually been completed? I'm just curious if anyone knows.

Jagex has been teasing more than they can finish for years now. Like Mornings end... WHEN WILL IT END! It has been years now, I really wish they would finish this storyline up.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Is it not possible that there was something that people were complaining about at the time and so they released it early to get people talking about that instead of complaining about something else?

Sorry if that made no sense, I haven't slept for a while :(

I bet you could find a few examples of that...things that were glitchy because they were rushed to get some good discussion going

but really just made people talk about how glitchy it was

construction? *cough*

sig1ju.jpg

Sometimes I wish Jagex would take their teasers and shove them up their [wagon] where they rightfully belong. I can live with one month teasers, and I can deal with the ones that are only released to clarify that the people running Jagex are infact not morons, and are actualy in the positions they are in because they are mostly competant people (there will always be exceptions of course). Having your players figure stuff out for you is both brilliant and the sort of bull [cabbage] only very lazy people would pull. They should be proud and ashamed of themselves for being brilliant [wagon] holes :?

Lol randox, great post

Anyways, I kind of like the teasers, they help stretch your imagination and help you compare yourself to the minds of Jagex to see if you can guess what they might do later on given how they handled that circumstance

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Is there a quest storyline out there that has actually been completed? I'm just curious if anyone knows.

Jagex has been teasing more than they can finish for years now. Like Mornings end... WHEN WILL IT END! It has been years now, I really wish they would finish this storyline up.

Silly child, morning NEVER ends!! :twisted:

OT: Errr... thats right, they have a lot of sotrylines. very few of them, if any, are finished. We know the goblin finalie will be soon (they do those fairly quickly) but if there is something unfinshed in the game, Jagex will make sure you wait to find out what the [cabbage] it does ::'

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!