Super Mario RPG or Paper Mario

The_Avatar

Recently theres been this influx of people saying that Paper Mario is far superior to Mario RPG, while I think its pretty clear that SMRPG is the better game. I assume its just a bunch of kids who grew up with the n64 and think it can't be beat. So I put my trust in the members of tip.it to tell me what they think is the better game.

Hint: its Super Mario RPG

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

I agree. Super mario rpg was better. (though there was a glitch with my game and my characters wouldn't level past 30 [atleast I think its a glitch] >.<, I had a hard time beating the last fight.) Though I did beat the last fight. Geno pwns.

Super Mario RPG had Square Enix, creators of Final Fantasy working for them, which made the game a huge success.

Paper Mario is unique is a sense, but less superior.

Also you're forgetting the Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time games. :-w

Ya characters can only go up to 30, kind of a weird stopping point I know. >_>

Really I talked to some ppl and they said they got theirs up past that. Must've been thinking of another game.

I'll be honest and say that I found paper mario a more unique game, I kind of liked it better.

And this doesn't have anything to do with me being a kid, I'm 20 years old and have been playing games since I was 2 or 3 :D .

I'll be honest and say that I found paper mario a more unique game, I kind of liked it better.

And this doesn't have anything to do with me being a kid, I'm 20 years old and have been playing games since I was 2 or 3 :D .

+1 To what nad said ... Personaly find all square enix games the same =/

I'm in the same boat as Nadril, wheth or not that's a good thing I don't know(no offense), and I have to say I liked paper mario better. And personally, I would like to see a paper mario (an actual rpg not a side scroller) on the wii or the ds.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

paper mario was way better. in my theory, characters and enemies were more attached to nintendo. which explains why bowser wasn't the main villain. the thousand year door is also a great game if you played the first one.

Also you're forgetting the Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time games. :-w

you can't compare those to paper mario. sure they're rpgs but having said that, controls are more complexed, and you're actually playing through the whole plot instead of collecting all 7 stars thus, making the game more challenging and long. you wouldn't recognize most of the characters in those game either. towns are named after silly puns, healing items are usually peanuts or herbs (shrooms in most cases) and the storyline kind of plays like a cartoon.

I just don't understand how paper mario could be better, the entire game is horribly bland.

Really? It's a very unique game as far as RPGs go, something that the genre certainly always needs.

SMRPG was before SquareEnix, it was just Squaresoft.

Yes thats just like when rockstar made games before becoming rockstar .. its still the same.

Rockstar didn't merge with a different company and drastically change the staff. #-o

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Yeah, Paper Mario was quite unique. When it came out I didn't think I would like it that much, but I ended up really enjoying it.

I grew up with Paper Mario. Such a fantastic and unique game. I love every bit of it. I love how it lookes, I love the music, I love the gameplay, and I love the Paper Mario universe. I used to play it over and over again, repeating accounts on it, and play the game over and over again because it's such a great game.

<3:

I haven't played Super Mario RPG, but it sounds interesting.

SMRPG was before SquareEnix, it was just Squaresoft.

Yes thats just like when rockstar made games before becoming rockstar .. its still the same.

Rockstar didn't merge with a different company and drastically change the staff. #-o

I'm not sure if you know this but all companies go through staff changes.

Back in the day, I went over to one of my friend's houses and he had Super mario RPG. I tried a new file and it was alot of fun. Couldn't get past Kroco or some aligator dude with a hat. Really hard, which I like :)

But Paper Mario is a whole 'nother story. It was colorful, fun, and relatively easy to go far in the game. Plus I loved how long it took for me to beat the game, around 80 hours or so. With such a variety in the cast and plot, I really like Paper Mario.

My vote will go for Paper mario. I haven't played enough of the other to give it my vote. I would love to find out if there's another way to play it without breaking out a super nintendo or what not

I played Super Mario RPG on an emulator and it might just be my keyboard but I could get past the tower which bowser joins you just before. Read a guide because I couldn't do it but I had been doing to right thing. :(

Super mario Rpg is too much like the other rpg games, while paper mario was unique(2nd and 3rd are good but 1st is the best).

My vote goes for Paper Mario because is so ftw. <3:

Mysticblade.jpg

ssbbbrawlclubgreen.gif

People in OT eat glass when they are bored. :twss:

OT'ers pee in other peoples drinks :wall: