Verac Set vs GodSword at Saradomin boss

Dire_Wolf

Best Mele Method at Commander Zilyana Debate

I asked once in help and advice what was best to use against Saradomin boss, and some said "Gs worked very good". I tested it out, only to find that gs wasn't good against Saradomin boss,cause of her high defence. It is a "Accurate" and high hitting weapon, but against the boss it's "In-accurate" and slow also. Later i tested Verac set and found it was good option. Now i wanna debate what is best to do damage: Verac set or Godsword (Bandos maybe =P?)...

Here's something to look at before debating this topic:

Verac Set

Verac Flail:

- Has good crush stats and theoretically the armor Saradomin boss is wearing should be weak against crush.

- This weapons has +6 prayer bonus

- 2handed

- A bit slow (Has 4 bars in Runescape Speed)

Other notes: Cause of the "ignore" set effect, i hit quite often with the flail. Even though a gs can hit 44-52, with my attack level, and the a bit fast speed of flail (Compared to gs), i do 10-30 quite often. And i am sure that when my 99 attack level fails, that the Set effect makes it sucess. 10-30 damages builds up.

Set Effect:

- Ignores defence level/armor

Here is a video of my team at the boss: me+ some others using Verac set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKhL8p1qA5I

GodSwords (Including specs)

- Has +8 prayer bonus

- Is accurate and hits high: against Saradomin boss it's other way around though

- 2handed

- Has also good crush stats like Verac Flail

- Slow (has 5 bars in Runescape Speed)

Other notes: When you use weapon, it's slow and quite alot 0s against zilyanas def. Also when you use weapon, she might go after you, so a slow weapon is disadvantage there. Though the weapon hits high hits, it's not always.

Specials:

- Lower Defence (BGS): This is good thing

- 2 High hits (AGS): I have tested AGS, and it is so inaccurate that BGS beats it by far...and its so expensive

- Freeze boss(ZGS): This is good, but i do not believe that this is good for "Meleing" boss.

- Get Prayer+HP restore (SGS): This is very good and makes you last long,but i don't see how it contributes to more damage.

I find Verac set myself better. I have tested Ags on boss though. It was stupid to be honest, and i really have used AGS at duel arena alot and i did not see 70+ hits that i should have hit...

The verac set effect is so nice: making me hit often and well. The bgs and Zgs: Zgs i have tested but the spec of this weapon is only good if everyone is ranging and bgs spec is something i have not tested yet. Though id like to think that the bgs spec, can be very good i have yet to test it. But the gs was not accurate when i tested it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, maybe you just got unlucky with the GS.

I have personally not done Sara, but I have done both Bandos and Zammy. The thing with veracs it really isin't all that accurate like people think. It appears accurate because of the set effect, but it realy isin't that much better.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

• 2 weeks later...

Verac is a decent and cheaper alternative to a god sword, but it does not beat it as the set has low defence and the attack and max hit isn't all that high. I find it odd that you were not hitting very good with the godsword since you have close to maxed combat. Try them both some more and compare them. Sometime's it's just all about luck after all.

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

Bleh, speed doesn't matter at all here.

Btw, both weapons attack every 3.4 Seconds.

This thread is stupid imo.. as with all SirHemen threads.

The GS wins handsdown simply because you won't get owned by the mage in the room, lol. :roll:

when you kill sara, you protect mage.

hmm. the person calling sirhemen threads stupid turns out to be stupid themself.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

he started it, i was just making a point. my point is that he clearly doesnt even know the first thing about sara gwd, therefore he has no right to be flaming the thread maker who clearly knows much much more than he does.

polvCwJ.gif

he started it, i was just making a point. my point is that he clearly doesnt even know the first thing about sara gwd, therefore he has no right to be flaming the thread maker who clearly knows much much more than he does.

Lol, but that exact logic can be applied straight back to the ranger, and to a degree for the meleer. The ranger would own through the extremely low range def of Verac's.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Lol, but that exact logic can be applied straight back to the ranger, and to a degree for the meleer. The ranger would own through the extremely low range def of Verac's.

Extremely low? its +200 with d boots and fury. and your main concern is with the boss, not the minions.

With veracs you have : fairly good melee and range def, protect mage. It hits very often and is not nearly as expensive as a godsword. clear win imo.

polvCwJ.gif

Extremely low? its +200 with d boots and fury. and your main concern is with the boss, not the minions.

With veracs you have : fairly good melee and range def, protect mage. It hits very often and is not nearly as expensive as a godsword. clear win imo.

I concede, i made a mistake.

If you're going to flame, at least be right. D Boots give no range defence.

"He started it"

What.. are you 5 years old? Grow up.

The GS wins handsdown simply because you won't get owned by the mage in the room, lol. :roll:

1: Your saying my threads are stupid: in other words i am stupid as well to you

I don't care about your thoughts: but...i care when you post them in my threads. That's flamming.

2: You obviously don't know what your on about. People protect mage. On top of it; Verac has one of best stats in game and is on top 3 list of armors used for bosses.

Stop being so immature please?

Some things to look at for you:

Verac:

has 5 bar speed

Hits are like this: 0, 10,20,13,3,0,14,30,0

GS:

Has 4 speed: speed matters( as boss comes after you:your attacks gets canceled)

GS hits: 0,10,40,0,20,0,12

From what i see: verac set is best for damaging. While SGS spec is good for healing

Verac is a decent and cheaper alternative to a god sword, but it does not beat it as the set has low defence and the attack and max hit isn't all that high. I find it odd that you were not hitting very good with the godsword since you have close to maxed combat. Try them both some more and compare them. Sometime's it's just all about luck after all.

Most players who range/melee use Verac armor. Atleast Verac Skirt+Helm....

As for GS: when did gs become 1 handed????

If you mean plaeyrs can use torag plate? then that's bad: cause then you waste alot prayer potions fast ;)

There's a reason why Verac is great:

High Defense (Near best)

Good Prayer

Anyhow: Verac set effect takes over most of time when i hit 0s with my usual attack. So i don't find GS best as it's slow aswell.

Sorry about the speed error, i took your word for it

[hide=]Verac Set

Verac Flail:

- Has good crush stats and theoretically the armor Saradomin boss is wearing should be weak against crush.

- This weapons has +6 prayer bonus

- 2handed

- A bit slow (Has 4 bars in Runescape Speed)

Other notes: Cause of the "ignore" set effect, i hit quite often with the flail. Even though a gs can hit 44-52, with my attack level, and the a bit fast speed of flail (Compared to gs), i do 10-30 quite often. And i am sure that when my 99 attack level fails, that the Set effect makes it sucess. 10-30 damages builds up.

Set Effect:

- Ignores defence level/armor

Here is a video of my team at the boss: me+ some others using Verac set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKhL8p1qA5I

GodSwords (Including specs)

- Has +8 prayer bonus

- Is accurate and hits high: against Saradomin boss it's other way around though

- 2handed

- Has also good crush stats like Verac Flail

- Slow (has 4 bars in Runescape Speed)[/hide]

I am talking about Saradomin, not Zamorak or Bandos.

The nothing changes monster to monster. The set effec is the same, stats the same, and speed the same. The only difference is obviously the HP and de fon the enemy. The porportions are the same however.

Verac:

has 5 bar speed

Hits are like this: 0, 10,20,13,3,0,14,30,0

GS:

Has 4 speed: speed matters( as boss comes after you:your attacks gets canceled)

GS hits: 0,10,40,0,20,0,12

From what i see: verac set is best for damaging. While SGS spec is good for healing

You can't make up hits and say "well this is better"

What if I said

Verac hits:0000000

GS hits: 50,50,50,50

You need evidence, not just what you make up on the spot.

If you mean plaeyrs can use torag plate? then that's bad: cause then you waste alot prayer potions fast ;)

If you are worried about a few seconds less of prayer, or a 1 p pot difference, don't go to GW. Simple as that.

There's a reason why Verac is great:

High Defense (Near best) ----Um...see, melee armour isin't great at defending against magic...

Good Prayer ---not that important considering you have prayer pots. Even without veracs, there are better prayer alternatives

Owned_Nex.png

Pantim have you been at Saradomin GWD with a GS or Verac Set? If not don't comment it.

Yes i did make up numbers: but that's fact that the numbers you get in reality at Saradomin GWD is similiar.

Now Saradomin boss has highest defence of all monsters in Runescape...

defence scale of gwd bosses from 1-10

Bandos boss defence: 4

Zamorak boss defence: 3

Armadyl boss defence: 3

Saradomin boss defence: 9

How in the world would a GS work? I have tested it and i hit slow+0s, but i hit also high damages but that was not often and did not compensate for what Verac set can do.

Pantim have you been at Saradomin GWD with a GS or Verac Set? If not don't comment it.

Yes i did make up numbers: but that's fact that the numbers you get in reality at Saradomin GWD is similiar.

Now Saradomin boss has highest defence of all monsters in Runescape...

defence scale of gwd bosses from 1-10

Bandos boss defence: 4

Zamorak boss defence: 3

Armadyl boss defence: 3

Saradomin boss defence: 9

How in the world would a GS work? I have tested it and i hit slow+0s, but i hit also high damages but that was not often and did not compensate for what Verac set can do.

Again, you can't make up random "facts"

And those are not realistic numbers. VErac set effect allows you a very accurate hit(as if through armour). Its not that common that you are hitting 20s every hit.

Lets look at the defense.

Assuming you are praying melee(lol) you would be getting hit extremly hard by magic.

With GS, you can ware any armour.

BTW, Sara has the most def, but not by much. Maybe a 5 or 6 at most on your "scale", which I must say is also pretty innaccurate.

Owned_Nex.png

They are just numbers to illustrate how hard the defence of saradomin boss is....and no the numbers are not so in-accurate as you think so.

You don't have a clue how Saradomin GWD works. Now your going on about taking on melee prayer instead of magic?

Do you know even with magical armor: saradomin boss hits you 18s extremely accurate?

Exactly. Stop commenting this if you haven't been to Saradomin please.

They are just numbers to illustrate how hard the defence of saradomin boss is....and no the numbers are not so in-accurate as you think so.

You don't have a clue how Saradomin GWD works. Now your going on about taking on melee prayer instead of magic?

Do you know even with magical armor: saradomin boss hits you 18s extremely accurate?

Exactly. Stop commenting this if you haven't been to Saradomin please.

So they are numbers that you "think". I really don't care actually.

So prayer...

Melee or magic. Its depends on strategy. You could be either doing hit and run with a group, or taking turns to hit her. In any case, I'd rather be hit constant 18s than multiple 20+ hits.

I have not been to SGW, but that doesn't mean I don't have common sense, or knowledge of how the game works.

Owned_Nex.png

I never said that: but here is the thing. She shoots with magic, hits you all time no matter where you are (unless you avoid her).

If you pray magic, and she's on someone you won't get hit.

So if everyone used prayer from mele and took damage then they would use up potions very fast.

As for my numbers, i told you: it's numbers to illustrate how hard the boss defence is.

Since you have not been at Sara GWD.

Well...

SHE CHANGES TARGETS.

So if everyone exept the player getting hit is praying melee.

You'd use up your potions and food many times faster.

Your numbers are your numbers. however, you cannot use some random numbers as evidence. I know her defense is strong. Ever heard of BGS spec? Even if her defense is strong, you're not going to be hitting 0's left and right.

I'm starting to doubt how many times you've been to SGW

Owned_Nex.png

Well...

SHE CHANGES TARGETS.

Your numbers are your numbers. however, you cannot use some random numbers as evidence. I know her defense is strong. Ever heard of BGS spec? Even if her defense is strong, you're not going to be hitting 0's left and right.

From my perspective, you aren't making much sense.

What is clear, however, is that you have no right to debate on a subject in which you have no prior knowledge or experience--in addition to this, you've only made the situation worse by continuing to argue your erroneous assertions.

[hide=Off on a Tangent]Is it only me, or does this seem to be a fairly common problem with the Debate Club and Help and Advice Forum (the fact that many posters post irrelevant or otherwise flawed information)? I would like to think that people would restrain themselves from posting if they were to have no idea what they were talking about, but I suppose the overriding need to spam/increase post-count/appear to be intelligent is just too much. 'Truly a shame and disappointment.[/hide]

To contribute, I'll describe how to go about killing Zilyana--in brief.

*First of all, let's establish that, unless you or anyone else dearly wishes to lose a great deal of wealth in a frighteningly-short period of time, the Protect from Magic Prayer will be used at all times while fighting Zilyana, as her Melee attack--while considerable and worthy of caution--can only be unleashed upon one victim at a time (as opposed to her Magic attack--which will devestate everyone in her Chamber should the Protect from Melee Prayer be used).

*Secondly, considering Zilyana's ungodly defence and her lightning-fast (dart speed), accurate, and powerful Melee attacks, it would be foolish to attempt to engage her in direct combat. *NOTE* Hit-and-Run Melee tactics, while technically effective, should only be employed by near-maxed, highly-experienced players. In all other instances, the counter-part Ranging tactics should be used. If one were to use Melee, it would be advised to use Verac's ("welfare") or a Godsword (preferably either a Zamorak or Saradomin Godsword, as the ZGS can be used to freeze her and the SGS for healing on the minions, while the BGS's and AGS's abilities would, most likely, be wasted--her near-impenetrable defence causing the specials to fail). Both are equally viable, but the Godswords have the lucrative bonuses of their special attacks. Something to consider: Guthan's or Higher-Defence Armour can be used in conjuction with the Godsword, while Veracs' users are stuck with middling defensive bonuses and no side-healing ability (either Guthan's or an SGS). <--- This, I believe, answers the OP's question.

Thirdly, *I had a third point, but I've forgotten it somehow, unfortunately.*

At any rate, before I digress further or forget anything else I had intended to say--you, Pantim, shouldn't have started the argument. Your "common sense" is completely invalid, as Zilyana is like no other monster ingame (excepting the Corporeal Beast, but I doubt you've killed it either) in regards to sheer offensive and defensive capabilities. Unlike any other boss, Commander Zilyana (and the Beast) requires some measure of skill and active adaptive/thinging ability to defeat. As such, you have no right to criticise the OP or to offer "advice" on the subject.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

Well...

SHE CHANGES TARGETS.

From my perspective, you aren't making much sense.

What is clear, however, is that you have no right to debate on a subject in which you have no prior knowledge or experience--in addition to this, you've only made the situation worse by continuing to argue your erroneous assertions.

This is the DEBATE CLUB. I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to debate

[hide=Off on a Tangent]Is it only me, or does this seem to be a fairly common problem with the Debate Club and Help and Advice Forum (the fact that many posters post irrelevant or otherwise flawed information)? I would like to think that people would restrain themselves from posting if they were to have no idea what they were talking about, but I suppose the overriding need to spam/increase post-count/appear to be intelligent is just too much. 'Truly a shame and disappointment.[/hide]

OK. Thats great.

To contribute, I'll describe how to go about killing Zilyana--in brief.

*First of all, let's establish that, unless you or anyone else dearly wishes to lose a great deal of wealth in a frighteningly-short period of time, the Protect from Magic Prayer will be used at all times while fighting Zilyana, as her Melee attack--while considerable and worthy of caution--can only be unleashed upon one victim at a time (as opposed to her Magic attack--which will devestate everyone in her Chamber should the Protect from Melee Prayer be used).

I'm in no way debating how to kill Zilyana. please quote me where I was.

*Secondly, considering Zilyana's ungodly defence and her lightning-fast (dart speed), accurate, and powerful Melee attacks, it would be foolish to attempt to engage her in direct combat. *NOTE* Hit-and-Run Melee tactics, while technically effective, should only be employed by near-maxed, highly-experienced players. In all other instances, the counter-part Ranging tactics should be used.

Please refer to above comment.

If one were to use Melee, it would be advised to use Verac's ("welfare") or a Godsword (preferably either a Zamorak or Saradomin Godsword, as the ZGS can be used to freeze her and the SGS for healing on the minions, while the BGS's and AGS's abilities would, most likely, be wasted--her near-impenetrable defence causing the specials to fail).

Well, if you are using either ZGS or SGS, you have to hit. The same goes for BGS an AGS. All of the Godswords are the same exept for the special.

Both are equally viable, but the Godswords have the lucrative bonuses of their special attacks. Something to consider: Guthan's or Higher-Defence Armour can be used in conjuction with the Godsword, while Veracs' users are stuck with middling defensive bonuses and no side-healing ability (either Guthan's or an SGS). <--- This, I believe, answers the OP's question.

Thirdly, *I had a third point, but I've forgotten it somehow, unfortunately.*

At any rate, before I digress further or forget anything else I had intended to say--you, Pantim, shouldn't have started the argument. Your "common sense" is completely invalid, as Zilyana is like no other monster ingame (excepting the Corporeal Beast, but I doubt you've killed it either) in regards to sheer offensive and defensive capabilities. Unlike any other boss, Commander Zilyana (and the Beast) requires some measure of skill and active adaptive/thinging ability to defeat. As such, you have no right to criticise the OP or to offer "advice" on the subject.

I'm not criticising anything. I am also not offering advise. If you disagree, please quote me where I am either criticising something beyond the scope of a arguementive debate, or advice. I understand that her defense is top notch. Again, I have never said anything contridicting to that fact.

In any case, please present some actual evidence. I have never done any of the things you accuse me of doing. I belive I can post my opinion in the DEBATE CLUB section. After all, this is the point. Anyways, I hope you read to this point. Most people simply post something stupid about how everyone else is stupid and only their opinion counts.

Owned_Nex.png