Abortion

imbackstinkers

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Adoption will avoid that.

Predicting a person's future, now, eh? That's logical, I guess. :roll:

Are you kidding me!? Do you know how many kids are up for adoption and don't get a loving home year after year?

Also, it's not too hard to predict the future of parents who want an abortion (DO NOT WANT THE KID) yet the gov't has taken control over their bodies.

[hide=]

It's not just the woman's body. There is a human life inside of her body. And as early as a few weeks old, that baby is a human. In fact it's a human as soon as conception occurs. A woman doesn't have "two beating hearts, two blood types, two heads, four eyes, four arms, and four legs." (quoted from the lovematters advertisement supplement Volume 9, 2005 edition)

Consider this statement from a magazine I have about abortion:

Eleven years ago, while giving an anesthetic for a ruptured ectopic pregnancy (at eight week's gestation), I was handed what I believe was the smallest living human ever seen. The embryonic sac was intact and transparent. Within the sac was a tiny human male swimming extremely vigorously in the amniotic fluid, while attached to the wall by the umbilical cord. This tiny human was perfectly developed, with long, tapering fingers, feet, and toes. It was almost transparent, as regards the skin, and the delicate arteries and veins were prominent to the ends of the fingers.

The baby was extremely alive and swam about the sac approximately one time per second, with a natural swimmers stroke. The tiny human did not look at all like the photos and drawings and models of 'embryos' which I had seen, nor did it look like a few embryos I have been able to observe sicne then, obviously because this one was alive!

When the sac was opened, the tiny human immediatly lost his life and took on the appearance of what is accepted as the appearance of am embryo at this stage of life (with blunt extremeties, etc.)

-Paul E. Rockwell, M.D., anesthesiologist.

If anyone can look at me and say human life is not present at conception or the first few weeks, you're a fool. A baby is a baby from conception to the 9th month, the only difference is the stage of development.

Next, some quotes from professionals in the field of genetics on when life is present.

By all criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present at the moment of conception.
-Dr. Hymie Gordon, Chairman of the Department of genetics at the Mayo Clinic

The exact moment of the beginning of personhood and of the human body is at the moment of conception.

-Dr. McCarthy De Mere, medical doctor and law professor at the University of Tennessee

The whole "it's the woman's body" and "it's a fetus" doesn't work. The difference between a fetus and a baby is the baby has it's basic form for birth, at appx 8 weeks. A fetus is in it's early stage of development. Does that make it any less of a human? Because it's dependent on another person to survive? So are normal babies, but they're not attached to their mother. So are severely ill people, so are those suffering from serious mental illnesses. So are the elderly. We might as well start another Holocaust then, getting rid of those who can't live on their own whom no one wants to take care of in this world.

[/hide]

Looks like me and Warren are the same on this subject ::' and that thing about the 8 week old fetus absolutely freaked me out!

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

^Adoption will avoid that.

Are you kidding me!? Do you know how many kids are up for adoption and don't get a loving home year after year?

Also, it's not too hard to predict the future of parents who want an abortion (DO NOT WANT THE KID) yet the gov't has taken control over their bodies.

No, I am not kidding you.

Do you believe Euthanasia is right, too?

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

Presuming an unborn baby which doesn't have the ability to feel will suffer, now, eh? That's logical, I guess. :roll:

It angers me that in this day and age, men feel like they have to right to decide what is and is not morally reprehensible for a woman to do with her own body. This attempt to belittle the whole discussion about abortion to the point at which the unborn baby can be considered 'living' (which is a totally un-objective argument to have anyway), all the while remaining totally ignorant to the state and the future of the woman carrying the damn thing sickens me.

If you don't want your partner to have an abortion, then discuss the whole issue of children before jumping into bed with them. No one is forcing you to have an abortion - it's a choice - and I'm not advising you get an abortion. I wouldn't for anyone. It's a dangerous and traumatic experience for many women.

But what on Earth makes you feel you have the right to judge women who do decide to take an abortion without knowing their situation, and then further to that, condemn them to the same level as murderers?

But what on Earth makes you feel you have the right to judge women who do decide to take an abortion without knowing their situation, and then further to that, condemn them to the same level as murderers?

They know they are killing their baby/fetus/whatever. And that baby/fetus is a human being from conception, or a few weeks after it. And killing a human being is murder. Simple as.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

For all of you guys screaming out adoption, you know that there are a lot of kids out there already that haven't been adopted. Really just having a kid only to throw them in adoption, and most likely having to live in foster care for a good number of years, is just wrong. I'd rather people adopt kids already who need a better life.

They know they are killing their baby/fetus/whatever. And that baby/fetus is a human being from conception, or a few weeks after it. And killing a human being is murder. Simple as.

It's not that simple, goat.

Fifty-one percent of women surveyed by the Center for the Advancement of Women said the government should prohibit abortion or limit it to extreme cases, such as rape, incest, or life-threatening complications.

this was from the link from teh person above me.

so.. if someone wanted to get an abortion.. they would say that they commited incest?

how do you prove a baby is from an incestous relationship?

what if the mother isn't sure?

what if the life-threatening situation is someone threatening to kill you if you give birth?

what if they just leave the country and abort? is that against the law? how will they find out?

What gives you the right to kill someone else's baby?

Did you fail to read anything I actually wrote or did you just repeat yourself like a parrot? The argument I made was that it isn't your baby and it is not you going through the procedure.

You know it takes two humans to create a child, so how is it not the fathers?

Child birth is part of being a Woman, those who don't like it can always have their tubes tied if it is such a big deal.

Pregnancy lasts just 9 months, where as a human life lasts 70+ years.

I should live at least another 50years, so killing my child is to deny me 50 years with that child and saving the mother 9 months of her "procedure".

I'm not anti abortion but both parents have rights and a human life should be put first, there are exceptions such as rape or if the father does not care and is not looking after the mother.

Whether or not I would allow my child to be aborted largely depends on who the mother is, if it was just a girl down the pub then I would probably favour an abortion, but if it was my best mate I would ask her to keep the child.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

how do you prove a baby is from an incestous relationship?

I know they have paternity tests and all that, but I think they can do it with a fetus through an amniocentieses (holy crap, sp?) or something, but I really don't know.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

QUESTION!!! has a female posted in this thread yet, claiming that she's pro-life?

no?

I wonder why???? :roll:

Probably because we females on Tip It aren't as common as males.

Anyways, I'm as pro-life as pro-life gets. I cannot stand the thought of abortion, it makes me sick just thinking about it. I think it should be banned entirely.

4qq7dvt.jpg

[bleep]. Reality is depressing.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I have to add that there are probably more females on tif than males, especially in the last 6 months.

What makes you think that? Like at least 75% of us are dudes.

Honestly, most of the people who are pro-life never had to have an abortion. It's similar to the large amount of people who didn't play RuneScape, but call it stupid.

That doesn't make much sense man. I'm not pro-life by any means (I'm all for abortions) but most of us aren't going to have an abortion period, so I don't see why it can't be discussed. I do understand what you are trying to say but I think you put it the wrong way.

Also, runescape is stupid. It doesn't take much to realize that.

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I have to add that there are probably more females on tif than males, especially in the last 6 months.

What makes you think that? Like at least 75% of us are dudes.

whatever, my point was that females aren't some rarity on tif, and that you can go into any given thread and guarantee there are female posters in it.

Honestly, most of the people who are pro-life never had to have an abortion. It's similar to the large amount of people who didn't play RuneScape, but call it stupid.

That doesn't make much sense man. I'm not pro-life by any means (I'm all for abortions) but most of us aren't going to have an abortion period, so I don't see why it can't be discussed. I do understand what you are trying to say but I think you put it the wrong way.

Also, runescape is stupid. It doesn't take much to realize that.

I'm talking about the people making huge campaigns about it. If they were a victim of rape, incest or some sort of birth defect that can make the child's life extremely miserable on every level, they would probably change their minds about abortions.

I used the RuneScape anallagy (sp?) as this is a RuneScape forum and many users can relate to it.

j0xPu5R.png

QUESTION!!! has a female posted in this thread yet, claiming that she's pro-life?

no?

I wonder why???? :roll:

Anyways, I'm as pro-life as pro-life gets. I cannot stand the thought of abortion, it makes me sick just thinking about it. I think it should be banned entirely.

what if the female is in her 40's? at that age, if you get pregnant.. most docs advise abortions... specially if you're not physically fit to begin with... what about age 60?

and don't screw up your face! because people still get it on at that age. trust me.

also... you can die. from pregnancy. specially if you have certain diseases....

also.. I believe it is possible now to even get a blood test to determine the parent for a baby that's still in the womb.

i think they take a little bit of the amniotic fluid.

what if the female is in her 40's? at that age, if you get pregnant.. most docs advise abortions... specially if you're not physically fit to begin with... what about age 60?

and don't screw up your face! because people still get it on at that age. trust me.

Yes, I know that people still "get it on" at that age.

4qq7dvt.jpg

Why would a 40 or 60 year old get pregnant? If they know they could die because of their limited physical capabilities, they shouldn't have had sex in the first place.

Welcome to the Teenage club. 8-)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Why would a 40 or 60 year old get pregnant? If they know they could die because of their limited physical capabilities, they shouldn't have had sex in the first place.

Welcome to the Teenage club. 8-)

I don't understand.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|