General Guitar discussion

Haaa_Haaa0

I GOT IT!!!!

Finally. I got my Hot Rod Deluxe. It is SO sexy. Clean channel sounds BRILLIANT. If you search Fender Hot Rod Deluxe demo on YouTube you get a good demo. I'll post pics later today =)

Damn sweet. You play that [bleep] for me and you never ever stop.

2009rb9.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm... I will. Don't worry. If I need more volume, there's always the external speaker jack I can hook up a 412 cab to, lol. I've been playing it SO much this last 24 hours... and I am more in love with it than ever. It sounds better than my acoustic on clean - well, not actually, but it sounds... more FULL, more THERE, more POWERFUL. Not more acoustic, but I like it more. And the drive and more drive can crank up pretty hard when I need them to. I was jamming, just playing some hard rock/metal with my band's drummer earlier today, and it was at five (and it goes to twelve =P) and it was balanced well with the drums. And it sounds great. Still gonna get a distortion pedal for it, though. Anyone got suggestions for that?

I can't post pics, unfortunately - my virus protection doesn't like photo uploading sites and my parents forgot the password to override it. Sorry =( But basically, it looks like a mint-condition amp.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

I GOT IT!!!!

Finally. I got my Hot Rod Deluxe. It is SO sexy. Clean channel sounds BRILLIANT. If you search Fender Hot Rod Deluxe demo on YouTube you get a good demo. I'll post pics later today =)

Oh yeah!! those things are freaking awesome!! If I had one, I wouldnt know if I was dreaming :P

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Ohkayy I'm back >.>

I've picked which guitar im going to get (thanks for the advice!) All I need now is the amp. Since i know i wont be gigging or any of that anytime soon, what would be a good amp to just practice on and have fun with? Im specifically talking about tube vs modeling amp here, but a brand would be nice (I think someone suggested Roland or Marshall amps when i asked before) I heard tube amps are best when it comes to sound, but you also have to change and replace tubes. For modeling amps you dont have to change anything, but the sound quality isn't as good as a tube. Im leaning more on the modeling amp right now, but thats why im asking you guys lol.

And I'm playing punk, melodic hardcore, and maybe some soft songs every now and then :P So, any advice? :pray:

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]

Thats another thing >.> I dont think I'll be getting a serious job or anything for a bit (I'm 15, so a year or two) So right now, I'm completely depending on my dad to buy it. And he's the cheap-o of the family -.- So i reckon around 100-150 total for the amp?

And how often do tubes have to be replaced?

Nope, been playing acoustic guitar for a little over a year now. I think it's time to take the step to electric guitar ::'

And if your wondering why I'm worrying over what kind of amp even if its my first one, I just want to make sure I buy something decent so that I won't have to waste money on crappy amps just to buy a new one.

Nope, been playing acoustic guitar for a little over a year now. I think it's time to take the step to electric guitar ::'

And if your wondering why I'm worrying over what kind of amp even if its my first one, I just want to make sure I buy something decent so that I won't have to waste money on crappy amps just to buy a new one.

Well, having an electric guitar without an amp sort of defeats the purpose of going electric. Otherwise I would have suggested that you save up a bit more, because I can tell you now that you won't get a quality amp for $150. I'd say the best option for you is to buy one second hand; fine-comb craigslist and ebay auctions and hope for the best.

2009rb9.jpg

Its not a tube, but the Line 6 Spider 3 (my amp) has a really nice tone, built in effects and distortion, and can get hella loud for only being 15 watts. I've seen them for about $100.

Rune Tips Merchanting Site!

"rune tips cc" if you would like to learn some tricks of the merching trade! We have a great community as well.

Each of us a cell of awareness/Imperfect and incomplete/Genetic blends with uncertain ends/On a fortune hunt thats far too fleet

I haven't bought the guitar yet, I just picked out the one I want lol. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

@Haaa - I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about Line 6 Spiders :/ Some say they were great, but others say they sound too tinny. Idk I guess I'll just get any amp for the time being. Thanks for the help everyone.

The Vox ADxxVT series are pretty good. The 50 watt, I loved, the 100 watt, not so much. I've never played the 15s, but I imagine they'd be pretty sweet.

As for the Spider III - I've heard too mixed reviews for me to be confident in buying one of those at all. Some love them, but the people who hate them hate them in a baaaad way. I'd go with the Vox if anything - they make sweet amps. But if you're planning to play with a band, or even just a drummer, save up a few hundred more for a 40W+ tube. My Fender 40W rocks pretty awesome =) You can find fine 50W tubes for $600 on EBay or Craigslist. If you're just playing by yourself at home, go ahead and get the Vox modeler 15W.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Get a Roland Microcube. Worth every damn penny. I'm sure anyone with an ounce of sense in their head will agree here.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

Get a Roland Microcube. Worth every damn penny. I'm sure anyone with an ounce of sense in their head will agree here.

Gotta love the cubes. For such a small and cheap amp it offers a lot of things only larger amps offer. It has a few different models I think and I know it has a few very well-made effects (Boss is owned by Roland and Boss makes great effects). It can also run on batteries which can come in handy. I'm not sure how well it does when it's cranked up though, I would imagine it wouldn't because of it's size.

clansig7.gif

Gotta love the cubes. For such a small and cheap amp it offers a lot of things only larger amps offer. It has a few different models I think and I know it has a few very well-made effects (Boss is owned by Roland and Boss makes great effects). It can also run on batteries which can come in handy. I'm not sure how well it does when it's cranked up though, I would imagine it wouldn't because of it's size.

They're surprisingly loud, actually.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

I'll admit it does sound a *teensy* bit tinny sometimes, but i thought that was just my strings. My last two sets of strings haven't been too great. :?

Rune Tips Merchanting Site!

"rune tips cc" if you would like to learn some tricks of the merching trade! We have a great community as well.

Each of us a cell of awareness/Imperfect and incomplete/Genetic blends with uncertain ends/On a fortune hunt thats far too fleet

They are good starter amps. Mine couldn't keep up with my drummer (he's exceptionally loud) but they are great for everything up to and including busking. I really should invest in a new power supply for it, it's been kicking around my room for months with nothing to power it.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

I'm paying for a friend's train ticket down to york this weekend, and in exchange I get his old guitar because he's getting a new one for christmas.

I cant remember the make of the guitar, but it resembles an SG in design. And for 30 pounds worth of train ticket, ANY guitar is a bargain.

Tk5SF.png

• 3 weeks later...