Fletching, Cooking, Firemaking: The Ultimate Race

Kietaro1

melee skills max at 100k xp/hour on ape atoll (~1/6 gp/xp for potions used)

fletching is over 400k xp/hour with adamant bolts (~1 gp/xp)

cooking is 250k/hour with sharks (~1/6 gp/xp), faster with wines

firemaking is 140k/hour with maples (~1/3 gp/xp), faster with higher logs of course

making 250k/hour (at the very least) with runecrafting it would take 76 hours of rcing (although as you get pouches and better runes the profit goes up) to earn all that money, and 177 hours to do the skilling would make 253 hours

melee skills would take 130 hours each for a total of 390 hours, keeping in mind that 100k/hour is extremely difficult to attain. cba with math for the potions :P

That said I doubt anyone will take the time to prove my point since no one wants to take the time to create and account just for the purpose of getting the 3 easiest 99s (by easiest, I mean the 3 that take the least amount of time, including the time it takes to earn money for them, which would definitely be firemaking, cooking, and fletching).

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a cute concept, but I agree with those who advise the mathematical approach.

As was pointed out, even on a new character, getting the necessary funds for those three 99's is nothing. It would even be perfectly possible to make enough money to buy the very best logs/fish. Especially your FM could be realised at an amazing speed if you're ready to splash the money. Most people who get these capes on their regular account don't splash, because they're thinking of other skills as well, but this account would be aiming for those three skills only.

At the 5 hour rate a day and 150k/hour (those with a nose for the GE could probably even do better), you could make 750k a day, more than 5M a week,...

Nevertheless, I agree that people may look down too much on those three skill capes. But it's the combination of their relative easiness and uselessness that makes them underrated. And I don't really have the feeling people look up to the combat capes that much either. There are too many of those as well to be considered truly "cool".

may i ask how a new acc would make money and not lose it?

A slaYer KiD.png

Effigies: 5

draconic visage: 1

Like many before me i would start by saying i don't disrespect fm cook or fletch. Most of the people who disrespect those 3 skills have experience comb and skilling. When u switch from comb to skilling, you notice a huge difference in xp especially compared to those 3. The difference in xp is even greater if your are training comb with slayer as many do. There is no point in trying to gain respect to the 3 capes by using the method you proposed, since most players will train all their skills on 1 character using money from comb or other methods to train another 1 of their skill.

Another thing is the risk involved, in training comb u risk death whereas training the 3 skills that were mentioned does not expose your character to much danger apart from a few randoms. Among the 3 skill, fm is the most tedious as u must do 2 clicks for every log to burn. It is true that skilling is repetitive as u cook, fletch and burn the same thing over and over again. But then again so is comb because if u want the best xp only 1 monster will give u that.

As for who would win between a pure comb (att,str,def) and a pure skiller (fm,cook,fletch), i would say the skiller as making money to get the raw materials is quite easy. The comb pure would lead in the beginning but will be overtaken once the pure skiller has acquire the raw material and the lv require for the best xp.

true that. I lost over 20m while training to 99 strength, a hell of a lot more then i would spend on all three of those put together. At the moment im 99ing fm, to trim my strength cape. I dont even know if ill bother buying the cape, as noone will see me wearing it

It's a cute concept, but I agree with those who advise the mathematical approach.

As was pointed out, even on a new character, getting the necessary funds for those three 99's is nothing. It would even be perfectly possible to make enough money to buy the very best logs/fish. Especially your FM could be realised at an amazing speed if you're ready to splash the money. Most people who get these capes on their regular account don't splash, because they're thinking of other skills as well, but this account would be aiming for those three skills only.

At the 5 hour rate a day and 150k/hour (those with a nose for the GE could probably even do better), you could make 750k a day, more than 5M a week,...

Nevertheless, I agree that people may look down too much on those three skill capes. But it's the combination of their relative easiness and uselessness that makes them underrated. And I don't really have the feeling people look up to the combat capes that much either. There are too many of those as well to be considered truly "cool".

may i ask how a new acc would make money and not lose it?

It's as easy as having 15 mining and a pickaxe. Even apart from pure essence, there have always been plenty of (gathering) jobs to do to get good money without needing skills. It's just a question of boredom-threshold. At the beginning, you'll obviously mine less, but as the mining level goes up, so will the profit.

And let's be fair, if you already know the game, you can even get most of your skills to 60/70 very fast. If you're only going for a small set of skills, those to make money with, the time needed to get that skill up is negligable.

• 2 weeks later...
i just recently got 99 fm, the time and effort difference between strength and firemaking was amazing.

A Few days of fire making, costing like 4m, got me 99, seemed verrry easy compared to strength, which took me years.

in that years that you trained strenght,all what you did was strenght? i dont think so.

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Hang on, I don't get it, why can't you solve this with math? I don't think it's nessicary to devote so much time to this.

1) Get the average combat xp at 1/1/1, 10/10/10, 20/20/20, etc. up to 95/95/95. Add up the time.

2) Calculate the exact cost of equipment, potions, food, etc. (Rounding of course, when needed, for example during food.)

3) Calculate time spent making money using specific method

4) Calculate time spent on quests

5) Get xp/hour for different levels for skills (eg for cooking: up to Trout, Trout-Salmon, Salmon-Tuna, Tuna-No burn lobs, etc, but no idea if that's the best route)

6) Calculate the cost

7) Calculate time spent making money

I'm sure all that would take, what? 4 hours max?

i just recently got 99 fm, the time and effort difference between strength and firemaking was amazing.

A Few days of fire making, costing like 4m, got me 99, seemed verrry easy compared to strength, which took me years.

in that years that you trained strenght,all what you did was strenght? i dont think so.

No, ofcourse it wasnt.. but still, even 95-99 str power training took me longer then 80-99 fm

I love how every thread about fletching, firemaking, and cooking capes gets bashed, yet just because some other skills take less, time but more money it automatically makes those capes better.

We are all biased on which cape has more respect or takes longer to get or costs more money. The fact of all this is someone cared enough about that skill and devoted enough time and money toward it to achieve their goal.

The whole reason that we are biased is because we like certain skills over other or feel that one skill has more use after a certain level. Kietaro brings up a good point that we should give credit for any cape instead of name calling and flaming each other for what skills we have highest. No matter what, everyone is going to have their opinion and not like the other person because of theirs.

Guess what guys? Every single skill is completely useless and the time spent achieving these skills, wasted. That is, unless you factor in the only thing that actually matters, getting enjoyment from it.

If you're throwing hours at a game for just respect, you're wasting your life. I learned that the hard way.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Those 3 skills aren't bashed just because they're quick and cheap, but also because they are utterly useless.

Let's eat freakin raw food shall we?

*grabs Bunyip*

I think what he means is not that the is no use for the skill AT ALL, but that there is no real practical use for it which helps daily activity.

Cooking: How often do you cook your own food at high levels? Or do you just dump some cash into the GE?

Fletch: Yeah I don't think I've ever had to make myself a bow to survive

Fm: If I really had to cook something that instant, I probably wouldn't have a fire with me. Regardless, it's not often I have to build a fire.

While if you look at combat, it is remarkably useful in making money, boss monster hunting, killing randoms, and fun in minigames/POH.