Rock Band II

Infi

rock-band-2-tba-20080629094111871_640w.jpg

What are your thoughts on this expansion of Harmonix's Rock Band?

Personally, I do own Rock Band but was very upset after my Bass petal snapped in half, I kind of stop playing. If you didn't know, RB peripherals ARE compatible with the second game, so don't go out buying the whole set when you can just *obtain* the game. Keyword: obtain. ;) Looking forward to the comments here though

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New All That Remains songs out, This Calling on drums expert- oh my goodness gracious.

I told my pro drummer friend (He can do Blackened and the Perfect Drug expert) if any All That Remains came out for Guitar Hero IV I'd piss myself....so close....(ATR gets it's fame I guess from video games it looks like with the new songs and Six on GH2).

Anyway, RB2 is exactly the same, Harmonix just trying to get more money with a disk.

The first Rock Band was very fun and now I am just waiting for the money to go out and BUY the new one. I also need a new drum kit because mine is in pieces...and the old one sucks anyway. :lol:

Oh and one more thing, I hate to be a party pooper but there is already a thread on this...

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=748254

2czeqeh.jpg

If you torrent RB2 you can't get DLC. Unless you have a PS2, then it's ok since you can't get DLC anyway :lol:

I am probably the best RB player on these forums, since I don't think very many people here play. I can five star every song in RB1 except Run to the Hills (which I got four stars on), I can five star The Perfect Drug and Thrasher. In RB2 I can five star Everlong, and I have about 6 drum FCs in RB2 and I've only played through like 30 songs on drums. My drum set is epic, it's a RB2 QM set with mouse pads to improve rebound and reduce the noise. I have my red pad sock modded so it's insanely good, and my other pads are near-perfect, the only blemish is occasionally the yellow pad will drop a note (which will be fixed with the sock mod once I stop being lazy :lol: ) If anybody wants to add me my gamertag is in my signature, except I only play on the weekends (and Friday) and I probably won't play online for a while until I play all the RB2 songs on drums, and unlock the ESL2.

The first Rock Band was very fun and now I am just waiting for the money to go out and BUY the new one. I also need a new drum kit because mine is in pieces...and the old one sucks anyway. :lol:

Oh and one more thing, I hate to be a party pooper but there is already a thread on this...

Woops, I swear I didn't see that topic

Going to fix it, just use the other topic then :oops:

P.S. I don't have XBL but I have 5 starred all the songs and Gold Starred most of the tiers. My set is pretty kick [wagon] also. I have a destroyer pedal and I use the GoodWoods set, but those broke so I need to order in a new one. I'll see if I can set up a video so I can show you my RttH skills. The one song I CANNOT do though is In Bloom. I only have 4 stars on that song :lol:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Geez, you're like the SaidinWoT of Rock Band Drums.

I'm one of those few Rock Banders (I also play drums mostly, because I have Guitar Hero 2&3 for Guitar), and I'd say I'm decent. As in, I can pass Hard drums if I tried hard enough. Anyways, I'm loving how the Career mode was set up for Rock Band. Much less linear than Guitar Hero, which is just, here is a set of songs, play them to unlock the next five. This is, you need x number of stars and fans to unlock this venue, which has some new songs, but you might still be playing old ones. Bsaically, you aren't bored of the old songs, but neither are you swamped with new ones. The progression is nice for me. And you can do World Tour Solo, along withthe Challenges.

The setlist ain't too shabby either. By that, I mean I love the setlist.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Woops, I swear I didn't see that topic

Going to fix it, just use the other topic then :oops:

P.S. I don't have XBL but I have 5 starred all the songs and Gold Starred most of the tiers. My set is pretty kick [wagon] also. I have a destroyer pedal and I use the GoodWoods set, but those broke so I need to order in a new one. I'll see if I can set up a video so I can show you my RttH skills. The one song I CANNOT do though is In Bloom. I only have 4 stars on that song :lol:

Hmmmm... I take back my statement on being the best drummer here :) I guess you are! If the part on In Bloom that troubling you is the:

RRR YY BB G(Bass)

Then you have to start the reds on your left hand, unless its incredibly difficult. Do you have a youtube account? If you do I've probably seen it, because I've seen almost everyone who is remotely good at drums on youtube :D I wish I could afford the kit you have, but I would have to sacrifice getting GH:WT just for the destroyer pedal.

Looks 100 Times more fun than GHIV will be, but who knows? I heard Afterlife is insane though. I'm getting this game.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

I am probably the best RB player on these forums

I challenge you on that statement. 8-)

And I'll prove it too...as soon as I get Rock Band 2...and XBL as well. :?

If the part on In Bloom that troubling you is the:

RRR YY BB G(Bass)

Then you have to start the reds on your left hand, unless its incredibly difficult.

I play it like this...

R R R Y Y B B G

R L L R L R L R

Starting on with the right then playing two lefts then alternating everything else afterward.

Works for me, may work for you.

2czeqeh.jpg

I am probably the best RB player on these forums

I challenge you on that statement. 8-)

And I'll prove it too...as soon as I get Rock Band 2...and XBL as well. :?

I was already debunked... if that makes sense... lol

But I'll still face you to see who's better.

Sounds good. As I said before I just need to get back my XBL. -.-

2czeqeh.jpg

I'm thinking of picking up Rock Band 2 this week, though due to lack of space and singing ability I won't get the drums/microphone, sticking with just Guitar and Bass (for now).

I'm just hoping that transitioning from GH3 to RB2 won't absolutely kill me (the timing window is much less forgiving, so it just might).

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

If you torrent RB2 you can't get DLC. Unless you have a PS2, then it's ok since you can't get DLC anyway :lol:

I am probably the best RB player on these forums, since I don't think very many people here play. I can five star every song in RB1 except Run to the Hills (which I got four stars on), I can five star The Perfect Drug and Thrasher. In RB2 I can five star Everlong, and I have about 6 drum FCs in RB2 and I've only played through like 30 songs on drums. My drum set is epic, it's a RB2 QM set with mouse pads to improve rebound and reduce the noise. I have my red pad sock modded so it's insanely good, and my other pads are near-perfect, the only blemish is occasionally the yellow pad will drop a note (which will be fixed with the sock mod once I stop being lazy :lol: ) If anybody wants to add me my gamertag is in my signature, except I only play on the weekends (and Friday) and I probably won't play online for a while until I play all the RB2 songs on drums, and unlock the ESL2.

Now go gold star them all and do thrasher with guitar.

Now go gold star them all and do thrasher with guitar.

On drums I've gold-starred every song in tiers 1-4, and lots of assorted gold stars in other tiers (the ones that I can think of off the top of my head are Vasoline, Enter Sandman, Welcome Home, Flirtin' With Disaster, When You Were Young, and Electric Version)

Thrasher is cake on guitar, I passed it on my sightread the week it came out. Five starring it... that's a different story! I'm stuck on four stars.

I'm almost at that level (on rb1 x drums, I have a ps3). I've 5-starred everything except Rtth, gsed Tier 1-6 pre patch (aside from Electric Version, which am at about 160k). Only 9.88m career, but I haven't been playing career mode too much lately. My set is a perfectly working EL from launch day.

I'm thinking of picking up Rock Band 2 this week, though due to lack of space and singing ability I won't get the drums/microphone, sticking with just Guitar and Bass (for now).

I'm just hoping that transitioning from GH3 to RB2 won't absolutely kill me (the timing window is much less forgiving, so it just might).

Much less forgiving it may be, but it's easy enough to pick up

Can at least beat every song on rb2 guitar EXCEPT Down with the Sickness now.

You can beat Visions, Panic Attack, Painkiller, Battery and all those songs.

But not Down with the Sickness? -.-

in australia we still dont have rock band I yet, it was supposed to come out in september, then october and now TBC, i was so looking forward to it, after i sold my ps2 and gh3 and got a ps3, now im waiting on guitar hero: world tour, coz its were probably gonna get rock band next year and rock band II at like the end of next year

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

[hide=]

You can beat Visions, Panic Attack, Painkiller, Battery and all those songs.

But not Down with the Sickness? -.-

[/hide]

Fast alt picking, easy. Sliding fingers along the neck, easy. Chord changes early on in Sickness, not so much.

The Australian release for 360 and ps3 of rock band 1 is november 7, iirc.

reckon rock band 1 or guitar hero: world tour

i think ghwt cost less as well but i heard somewhere that rb has dropped its price from like $400 to 250$ which is pretty crazy price drop

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

But still $50 more than what I paid for my full set...

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I played Rock Band the other day at a friends house...

And it ROCKS.

So yeah, i got high hopes for Rock Band 2- not that i'll be getting it though (cos of space and price issues).

Its the only offline game i've genuinely liked for several years.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

• 4 weeks later...

List of the 20 free DLC songs that will be released NOVEMBER 4TH

"Ashes to Fire" Ghost Hounds

"Bounce" Cab The Cab

"Burn You Down" Opiate for the Masses

"Crazy Tuesday" Thenewno2

"Database Corrupted" Dealership

"Desperate Times, Desperate Measures" Underoath

"Get It On" Chevelles The Chevelles

"Give It to Me" Cocktail Slippers

"I Wanna Be Your Man" Endeverafter

"I'm Gone, I'm Going" Lesley Roy

"I.V." X Japan

"If I Ain't Got You" Len Price 3

"Like a Fool" Shaimus

"Magnetic Baby" Semi-Precious Weapons

"No Regrets" Authority Zero

"Prequel to the Sequel" Between the Buried and Me (YES!)

"Sons and Daughters" 88 The 88

"The Feeling" Kutless

"The Time Is Wrong" Tickle Me Pink

"Young" Hollywood Undead

BTBAM [bleep] YEA!

2czeqeh.jpg