Rock Band II

Infi

I'm sure this has been asked before, but this is a superior game to GH:WT correct? I'm planning on getting one for Christmas.

Most game reviews would agree to that statement. Rock band 2 got 5 stars, for example, while GH:WT only got 4 stars. Plus when you look at the big picture Rock band 2 has over 500 songs easy once you count in DLC (at 160 microsoft points per while song packs are usually 440pt and albums 800pt) and the fact that you can add the RB1 songs onto RB2.

Generally the concensious too is that GH:WT is "harder" which may be true with the base songs is really not true when you count in DLC. For example, I would put the new DLC song Caprici Di Diablo right up there with TTFAF from GH3 in terms of difficulty on the guitar.

But really, DLC is what makes RB2 shine. they bring out at least 3 new songs a week, most packs which are damn good.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally the concensious too is that GH:WT is "harder" which may be true with the base songs is really not true when you count in DLC. For example, I would put the new DLC song Caprici Di Diablo right up there with TTFAF from GH3 in terms of difficulty on the guitar.

Seriously? It honestly doesn't look that hard. Not TTFAF or TDWDTG-hard in any case. Maybe Raining Blood-hard.

p2gq.jpg

Seriously? It honestly doesn't look that hard. Not TTFAF or TDWDTG-hard in any case. Maybe Raining Blood-hard.

Meh the only hard part of TTFAF is the intro, the rest is easy to BS.

• 2 weeks later...

None of the songs are really hard for the Guitar and Bass in RBII. However for drums it's a totally different ball game :?. With songs such as:

*The Perfect Drug

*Good Mourning/Black Friday

*They're Red Hot

*Blinded by Fear

*Blackened

*Chiron

*Painkiller/Battery/Panic Attack

The list goes on and on..

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

None of the songs are really hard for the Guitar and Bass in RBII.

Visions bass still hasn't been fc'ed, and you listed DLC for the hard drum songs, but probably didn't think about DLC for guitar/bass.

- Constant Motion

- Aesthetics of Hate

- *All of Megadeth Album*

- Metallica Pack

- Yngwie Malmsteen Pack

and a lot more hard ones

None of the songs are really hard for the Guitar and Bass in RBII.

Visions bass still hasn't been fc'ed, and you listed DLC for the hard drum songs, but probably didn't think about DLC for guitar/bass.

- Constant Motion

- Aesthetics of Hate

- *All of Megadeth Album*

- Metallica Pack

- Yngwie Malmsteen Pack

and a lot more hard ones

Constant motion:

*Strum hit notes randomly*

Tunnel vision

Song failed.

Constant Motion is the only song in RB1/RB2 GH2/3/4 that I can't beat consistently, downloaded the song that you all were saying was like TTFAF of RB yesterday and beat it on my second run (only because I tried using the RB guitar for it the first time hah, that guitar sucks).

I deleted Constant Motion while I did RB2 Tour, hated it popping up at the end of a random setlist, all other songs are fine just that one.

Constant Motion is the only song in RB1/RB2 GH2/3/4 that I can't beat consistently, downloaded the song that you all were saying was like TTFAF of RB yesterday and beat it on my second run (only because I tried using the RB guitar for it the first time hah, that guitar sucks).

I deleted Constant Motion while I did RB2 Tour, hated it popping up at the end of a random setlist, all other songs are fine just that one.

Caprici isn't like the TTFAF of RB, it's the Dragonforce of RB ;) It is a good deal easier, but I say that because of how fun it is and it is still really hard, most people even here at Tip.It are really good compared to the average player, so our idea of "good" and "bad" are skewed.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyway, RB2 is exactly the same, Harmonix just trying to get more money with a disk.

Boy was I wrong. Just got through Expert tour, RB2 is improved very much, harder difficulty for all instruments, more polished and a great setlist.

Of course everybody knows about Visions, but Rock Band is starting to get brutal.

[hide=Good Mourning Black Friday Lyrics]Hey, I don't feel so good.

Something's not right,

Something's coming over me

What the [bleep] is this?

Killer, intruder, homicidal man.

If you see me coming, run as fast as you can.

A blood thirsty demon who's stalking the street.

I hack up my victims like pieces of meat.

Blood thirsty demon, sinister fiend,

Bludgeonous slaughters, my evil deeds.

My hammer's a cold piece of blood-lethal steel.

I grin while you writhe with the pain that I deal.

Swinging the hammer, I hack through their heads,

Deviant defilers, you're next to be dead.

I unleash my hammer with sadistic intent.

Pounding, surrounding, slamming through your head. Yeah!

Their bodies convulse, in agony, and, pain.

I mangle their faces, till no features remain.

A blade for the butchering, I cut them to shreds.

First take out the organs, then cut off the head.

The remains of flesh now sop under my feet.

One more bloody massacre, the murders' complete.

I seek to dismember, a sadist fiend.

And, blood baths are my way of getting clean.

I lurk in the alleys, wait for the kill.

I have no remorse for the blood that I spill

A merciless butcher who lives underground.

I'm out to destroy you and ,I will, cut you down. (Cut you down)

I see you, and, I'm waiting ,for Black Friday.

Killer, intruder, homicidal man.

If you see me coming, run as fast as you can.

A blood thirsty demon who's stalking the street.

I hack up my victims like pieces of meat.

I lurk in the alleys, wait for the kill.

I have no remorse for the blood that I spill

A merciless butcher who lives underground.

I'm out to destroy you and ,I will, cut you down.

It's Black Friday, paint the devil on the wall.[/hide]

I exported all of the Rock Band 1 songs over to RB2. Run to thhe Hills did not export. Why Papa, why?

Your best bet is to just re export tbh.

Run to the hills and one other song (Paranoid maybe?) don't have a license for RB2 or something.

:o Am i the only one here who plays Drums in an actual band?

I have not played the game, but if its anything like real drums... :)

Supposedly if you were to play the game on expert, and get 100%, then you hit the same drums in that order and all, on a real drumset, it would be the same. (With the exception of the cymbals, since that's kind of different, if I remember right).

I have a friend who gets usually 90%+ on expert, and he plays drums in a band. In fact the only good rb drummers I know, actually know how to play real drums.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Travis Barker said Expert was.

My second rock Band 1 pedal broke last night, I thought about usng my old real bass pedal, I've seen mods of it, does anyone know how it's done?

To those of you that said that RB2 was easier than WT in terms of on-disc songs, even that's not true. Satch Boogie is no harder than Painkiller or Panic Attack, especially with the bigger timing window.

As an all expert player, I find RB2 as the superior game in the franchise. It may not have the hardest songs (see TTFAF/HooT/OGaP/RD in GH3), but it's got the most well-rounded setlist. It even has some death metal for the metal heads. *points at self* (Visions is awesome.) Caprici di Diablo is not hard to pass for the average Expert player, but as for 5 starring/golding it.. That's where it gets fun.

Should anyone wanna look up my scores/play, my XBL GT:Aeth dae

My second rock Band 1 pedal broke last night, I thought about usng my old real bass pedal, I've seen mods of it, does anyone know how it's done?

Don't bother with the bass pedal mod unless you're serious about getting competitive scores, it costs about $50-100 USD to get a custom bass pedal with a reed switch mod. Information about the mod can be found here: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2226

I broke my RBI bass pedal and before I moved onto the destroyer pedal I was using two butter knives under the broken pedal secured by duct tape. Works even better than when it broke (I broke my pedal 20 minutes into playing it for the first time). Here's a video link:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Supposedly if you were to play the game on expert, and get 100%, then you hit the same drums in that order and all, on a real drumset, it would be the same. (With the exception of the cymbals, since that's kind of different, if I remember right).

I have a friend who gets usually 90%+ on expert, and he plays drums in a band. In fact the only good rb drummers I know, actually know how to play real drums.

Real-console.Its actually ok for me.

Console-real.I end up just hitting tops and hats.Theres no real indication of whether or not I should have my hats open,and I'm not planning on listening for a change while frantically trying to FC a song.

Its starting to get really irritating when one of my neighbours friends decides to use my drumsticks,and play like killing a chicken though.Seriously,its not the real drums.Hitting hard does not make the notes you hit in game louder.Over 5 friends had over I've had to replace 5 pairs of sticks.That makes a ratio of erm............................................1:1. #-o

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Don't bother with the bass pedal mod unless you're serious about getting competitive scores, it costs about $50-100 USD to get a custom bass pedal with a reed switch mod. Information about the mod can be found here: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2226

I broke my RBI bass pedal and before I moved onto the destroyer pedal I was using two butter knives under the broken pedal secured by duct tape. Works even better than when it broke (I broke my pedal 20 minutes into playing it for the first time). Here's a video link:

I am not serious about the scores, but am about expert. In Rock Band 1 I got the AN-I-MAL!! achievement pretty easily, and am more then halfway through RB2's expert drum tour.