Rock Band II

Infi

Man, watching other people play, I thought, 'That is so freaking easy.' I went to Pcworld and they had Rock Band set up. I had a go on the guitar and damn, I was ashamed. It's given me a new found determination to buy Rock Band and master it.

Though, the guitar on Guitar Hero is sweeeet.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, 86% on Visions (Guitar, Expert) before I failed it. :wall:

Oh and apparently the band that did that song is fronted by a female who works for Harmonix.

Yup, it's true. I think she's Asian too.

They're also from Marlborough, Massachusetts, which is like 20 minutes away from me and I know a bunch of people there. That's was pretty cool when I found out.

Baba o'Reilly guitar, Behind Blue Eyes drums

GodDAMN I knew I got the wrong game :wall:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Going to try an FC something on Drums,expert.Recs?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Nine in the Afternoon

Eye of the Tiger

Give it Away

The Middle

Those are the easiest that I've bothered to get.

Meh got many easy ones.

I tried to 5-star Good Mourning.After the first round it was obvious my left foot's hi-hat-ing was no use,so I switched to my right.Two pedals of experience so I easily hit most basses.Ended up failing because I couldn't get my rhythm right so going to try again tomorrow.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Nine in the Afternoon

Eye of the Tiger

Give it Away

The Middle

Those are the easiest that I've bothered to get.

Meh got many easy ones.

I tried to 5-star Good Mourning.After the first round it was obvious my left foot's hi-hat-ing was no use,so I switched to my right.Two pedals of experience so I easily hit most basses.Ended up failing because I couldn't get my rhythm right so going to try again tomorrow.

Oh, sorry. I thought you meant you were going for your first FC. My bad :lol:

Guess who just got Rock Band II!

So far FC'd Eye of the Tiger ( :roll: ) and passed Visions, 4*. All without squeezes lol. And my bass pedal is cracked in half (currently building a custom bass pedal)

Yep, no XBL proof though so I'll post some pictures though (scores were taken during off-line play, XBL not working)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

WTF!!!

The way to FC this is to go numma numma numma numma ra-ayd hot numma numma numma...

Ar2alO6JkNg

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I have RB2 now.

Played through the challenges and beat them all without failing (expert guitar) and am mostly done with career I think. Just got my best rock band FC to date. (Don't Fear) The Reaper. Wasn't expecting it at all and it came up in a random setlist so :s

Haven't played it in a month or two so that's why it was so surprising and I've never even gold starred it before in RB1.

[hide=FC!]Ignore my name on there :P

138ff069.jpg[/hide]

I have to see breakneck speed makes a HUGE difference, I could play with the original speed fine (unlike GH where the normal speed is too slow) but I do so much better with it on :o

I've had rock band 2 for 4 days now, and I think I have about 30 FC's and about 60 Gold Stars. Bear in mind I've only played half of the songs on there once. I FC'd Carry on Wayward son on my 3rd ever play of it, today, and heres a vid of me doing so:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YLJQtJlsVGM

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

I think the Wii version is going to get DLC this time, I can't give a source though.

Caprici di Diablo is freaking hard on guitar...didn't have enough money to get the rest of the pack though. I also can't pass Jesus Christ Pose drums for the life of me. Last week as a whole was incredible though.

Now I'm pissed at this weeks DLC. Nickelodian music...Seriously? The other songs aren't too good either. Aside from that, this month would have been my favorite month of DLC.

Yngwie Malmsteen is the best guitarist ever! This pack is my favorite pack for guitar ever. No doubt. This is like freaking Dragonforce pack for Rock Band. Caprici di Diablo is my favorite song in the game, it's so freaking fun! I've figured out pretty much the whole song except for the part that's similar to a slowed down Afterlife Solo D, I can hit it like 1/4 times. It's just so fun! I want more of his stuff. Red Devil is awesome too, and I forget the other song name but it's also really fun. If you have Rock Band and you're good at guitar, get this pack.

I've been buying so many points lately, so now the only DLC I'm buying for the rest of the year is Texas Flood and those two Soundgarden songs I forgot to download today. (I have like ~140 DLC songs, a little over a month ago I had ~70...)

Yngwie Malmsteen is the best guitarist ever! This pack is my favorite pack for guitar ever. No doubt. This is like freaking Dragonforce pack for Rock Band. Caprici di Diablo is my favorite song in the game, it's so freaking fun! I've figured out pretty much the whole song except for the part that's similar to a slowed down Afterlife Solo D, I can hit it like 1/4 times. It's just so fun! I want more of his stuff. Red Devil is awesome too, and I forget the other song name but it's also really fun. If you have Rock Band and you're good at guitar, get this pack.

I've been buying so many points lately, so now the only DLC I'm buying for the rest of the year is Texas Flood and those two Soundgarden songs I forgot to download today. (I have like ~140 DLC songs, a little over a month ago I had ~70...)

Heh yeah man, it really is the dragonforce of Rock Band. Should hopefully address the complaints of rock band being "easy".

And as far as DLC goes I have a lot I wanna get, maybe this Christmas. Wanna get the Judas priest album, Megadeth Album, Rush album. Hell I wouldn't mind "The Who" album either. :)

Heh yeah man, it really is the dragonforce of Rock Band. Should hopefully address the complaints of rock band being "easy".

And as far as DLC goes I have a lot I wanna get, maybe this Christmas. Wanna get the Judas priest album, Megadeth Album, Rush album. Hell I wouldn't mind "The Who" album either. :)

I have ~150 DLC songs now, so I'll recommend the best ones in my opinion.

- Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? (Album)

Get this only if your a top tier guitarist/drummer. Otherwise these songs will be too hard and/or not enjoyable for you. Also make sure you have lots of stamina no matter what instrument you play.

- Moving Pictures (Album)

This is my favorite album, much better on drums then guitar, although you can't beat YYZ guitar.

- Best of The Who Collection

Only get this if you enjoyed Won't Get Fooled Again and are a good drummer. A lot of the patterns are similar to WGFA, and the guitar is boring on most songs.

- Nine Inch Nails (Packs 1/2)

I love playing these as a drummer, but are repetitive on guitar. For drums this falls into the category of "most complex" (I'm looking at you, The Perfect Drug!)

- Roadrunner Pack

Constant Motion, Sleepwalker, Aesthetics of Hate, and Clouds of California. Four of my favorite songs that I still play a lot on every instrument (even vocals, except CoC). Challenging yet fun on everything.

- Yngwie Malmsteen

Duh.

These are my favorite DLC songs, I'm positive there are more that I really like, I just can't think of them at the moment because all I've played recently is Malmsteen and Megadeth :lol:

I have about 200 songs of DLC, and I pretty much agree with runescapeloser on this one. Also, though Screaming For Vengeance is a good album to listen to, it is boring as hell on drums, though I never played it on any other instruments. If you are a drummer, I would only suggest Take These Chains. Speaking of Drums, nearly the entire foo fighters album is fun on them.

I would highly recommend "Chiron" and "This Calling" by All That remains as well. They are my two favorites to play on guitar, though I am not particularly good. I think that "This Calling" is really fun on drums as well, though many people would disagree with me.

I enjoyed "Laid to Rest" by Lamb of God on guitar as well, though on expert drums the lack of a double bass part made it play awkwardly.

Aside from these, I would recommend the two Soundgarden songs, they're really fun on everything I've tried them on.

Yeah like I said I'm planning on peace sells/Moving pictures. I already got 2 songs from peace sells though, haha.

Peace Sells,But Who's Buying= :thumbup:

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Heh man, Caprici Di Diablo is harder then I initialy thought. In TTFAF at least once you got past the inital part you could BS your way through the difficult parts with star power. Here it's just... man. [bleep]ing great song.

Beat the other two songs by him though, real fun set.