Starting to Smoke

PumpkinPete112

He could also just like cut down a little bit on some of his activities a little bit.

I know quite a few parents who basically stop supporting their kids around 16/17 years old. The only things they'll provide them with are necessities (food/shelter) and the kids have to go get jobs if they want to be able to have gas in their cars, pay for insurance, go out with friends, etc. It's hard to cut back on a job when you need money and cutting back on school is not an option. While I believe high schools are merely the gov'ts way of getting us ready for minimum wage jobs (if we choose not to futher our education), it's still important to graduate if you plan on making it in the world without working your [wagon] off only to dig yourself a deeper hole.

That's almost abandonment :|

I thought that was the norm.

So did I. I'm 17 and for the last couple years I've paid rent, bought all my clothes etc. The only things that get paid for is stuff for school, food, toiletries and the internet. I think it's fair, it's my life not my parents.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weak. There are plenty of other ways to relieve stress. (like video games), some are actually healthy (like going to the gym). Everyone has tough time in their life. Suck it up and stop relying on something like cigs to keep you going. Feeling that you NEED it in order to deal with stress is pretty much a guaranteed addiction right there.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Weak. There are plenty of other ways to relieve stress. (like video games), some are actually healthy (like going to the gym). Everyone has tough time in their life. Suck it up and stop relying on something like cigs to keep you going. Feeling that you NEED it in order to deal with stress is pretty much a guaranteed addiction right there.

Like smoking, video games aren't exactly healthy for you either. And honestly I don't see much of a difference.

Like smoking, video games aren't exactly healthy for you either. And honestly I don't see much of a difference.

video games give you brain and eye cancer, not lung cancer :lol: But seriously, video games at least don't give second hand computer vision

video games give you brain and eye cancer, not lung cancer :lol: But seriously, video games at least don't give second hand computer vision

Video games can easily be linked to inactivity, especially for people with addictive personalities. A lack of exercise is very bad you, as is smoking.

Smoke pot instead. Quite healthy for you and a great stress reliever. Just make sure it isn't laced with anything :P

Eh, depending on what it's laced with can actually make it pretty fun. I'm not sure what the stuff I got was laced with, but my brother and friend turned into cartoons and monsters at times, and I also kept blacking out. Only time it happened was with that bag :?

Smoke pot instead. Quite healthy for you and a great stress reliever. Just make sure it isn't laced with anything :P

Eh, depending on what it's laced with can actually make it pretty fun. I'm not sure what the stuff I got was laced with, but my brother and friend turned into cartoons and monsters at times, and I also kept blacking out. Only time it happened was with that bag :?

Man I had some laced [cabbage] one time. I was like 100 feet from my house and I got lost -.- . Woke up the next mornin on my lawn.

1288581197250-1.jpg

Video games can easily be linked to inactivity, especially for people with addictive personalities. A lack of exercise is very bad you, as is smoking.

You can play video games in moderation and be healthy, while smoking in moderation can still give you breathing problems or time. I see what your getting that though.

No, that isn't any better than smoking tobacco. And when you say healthy, do you mean comparatively? Because tobacco isn't much competition when it comes to health benefits.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

You can play video games in moderation and be healthy, while smoking in moderation can still give you breathing problems or time. I see what your getting that though.

True, but as I said, if you have an addictive personality you're going to be boned. And relating to OP's specific case, he doesn't have time for [cabbage] so how is he going find time to play video games?

You can play video games in moderation and be healthy, while smoking in moderation can still give you breathing problems over time. I see what your getting that though.

True, but as I said, if you have an addictive personality you're going to be boned. And relating to OP's specific case, he doesn't have time for [cabbage] so how is he going find time to play video games?

If he has time to smoke, he has time to game :geek:

No, that isn't any better than smoking tobacco. And when you say healthy, do you mean comparatively? Because tobacco isn't much competition when it comes to health benefits.

Smoking marijuana is NOT UNHEALTHY! How many times does this need to be explained? #-o

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Smoking marijuana is NOT UNHEALTHY! How many times does this need to be explained? #-o

Smoking marijuana IS unhealthy. Simply because you are inhaling smoke. The cannabis itself might not be bad but it's the smoke that does damage.

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

Smoking marijuana IS unhealthy. Simply because you are inhaling smoke. The cannabis itself might not be bad but it's the smoke that does damage.

The comparison from cigarettes to marijuana is around the same as comparing a greasy burger to a lettuce salad. They're not even close to being in the same league.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Nonetheless, the smoke still contains tar and other irritants. It may not be as harmful but you can't say it's completely harmless.

Unless you're smoking marijuana every day, multiple times a day, the smoke and tar is not going to affect you. When I smoke I take maybe 4-5 hits. It's enough, I know some people go more, but 4-5 hits once or twice a week is not going to negatively affect you.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Nonetheless, the smoke still contains tar and other irritants. It may not be as harmful but you can't say it's completely harmless.

Unless you're smoking marijuana every day, multiple times a day, the smoke and tar is not going to affect you. When I smoke I take maybe 4-5 hits. It's enough, I know some people go more, but 4-5 hits once or twice a week is not going to negatively affect you.

Nothing is ever 100%. Don't make smoking marijuana sound completely safe, even though in most cases it is. Smoke is smoke, like echo said. There may be more tar in smoking a piece of newspaper (I've tried) than pot, but there is still a risk.

So you don't consider a Psychotic episode unhealthy?

One of my mates has recently given up his addiction to pot because he got placed in a mental hospital (out now) as a result of Pot smoking. I now know 2 people to have health problems as a direct result of smoking cannabis.

Lets not forget you are also taking smoke into your lungs, I don't know how anyone can consider that ok.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

So you don't consider a Psychotic episode unhealthy?

One of my mates has recently given up his addiction to pot because he got placed in a mental hospital (out now) as a result of Pot smoking. I now know 2 people to have health problems as a direct result of smoking cannabis.

Lets not forget you are also taking smoke into your lungs, I don't know how anyone can consider that ok.

Did you ever consider that maybe it was their mental disorders that messed them up?

I'd like you all to read this website. Some of your arguments are just factory line produced from health classes. It's getting pathetic.

Marijuana MYTHS

Oh and about the taking smoke into your lungs...Maybe some of us are willing to take the slight health decline of having smoke in our lungs. Maybe some of us just don't care. Did you ever consider that? I'm really tired of elitist opinions on marijuana and tobacco. Oh and please do not refer to marijuana as 'addictive', because there is nothing in marijuana that is addictive. It's just as addictive as playing video games or listening to great music. People do it because they like to, not because of an addiction.

EDIT:

This is from the website I posted. In case some of you are too lazy to go read it.

There have been no reports of lung cancer related solely to marijuana, and in a large study presented to the American Thoracic Society in 2006, even heavy users of smoked marijuana were found not to have any increased risk of lung cancer.

In 1995, based on thirty years of scientific research editors of the British medical journal Lancet concluded that "the smoking of cannabis, even long term, is not harmful to health."

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

And maybe some of us do care, and that's why we're outlining the risks. There are other ways of taking marijuana. I wouldn't recommend smoking it (although it's the most common method)

Yeah but vaporizers are MEGA expensive.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg