the playstation 4, super wii and xbox 720

imbackstinkers

I don't see the playstation moving on past the ps3...It's in a large enough slump that it could end the company altogether. If anything, I think microsoft will buyout the ps3 and there wil only be 2 rivals, nintendo and microsoft.

PS3 is doing just fine. Worldwide it's selling fasterthan the 360 (keeping in mind the 360 had a year's headstart), and will most certainly beat it in this console race. It is unlikely that the PS3 will sell more than the 360 in USA, atleast until the price is under $200 and/or a new console generation begins, though it is a possibility.

PS3 might not do as well as the PS2, but the Playstation brand isn't going anywhere.

I definitely hope that PC gaming is coming back. I'm considering buying a wired 360 controller just so I can use it for PC games. I know I've said before that I don't like PC gaming, but really, it is way better. I will need a better computer though...

Do that and your guts will be spread against the wall from the word go. Keyboard And Mouse .. FTW

I have a wired 360 controller. Sure, I can play any game with keyboard and mouse just from experience, but for many it's better. Stuff like Prince of Persia and probably Lara Croft feels a bit better on an analog pad.

Stuff like GTR2, or many modern racing games are for all intents and purposes unwinnable with a keyboard and mouse. Analog control and acceleration is absolutely essential. I would say you NEED a controller, or even better a wheel.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I don't see the playstation moving on past the ps3...It's in a large enough slump that it could end the company altogether. If anything, I think microsoft will buyout the ps3 and there wil only be 2 rivals, nintendo and microsoft.

PS3 is doing just fine. Worldwide it's selling fasterthan the 360 (keeping in mind the 360 had a year's headstart), and will most certainly beat it in this console race. It is unlikely that the PS3 will sell more than the 360 in USA, atleast until the price is under $200 and/or a new console generation begins, though it is a possibility.

PS3 might not do as well as the PS2, but the Playstation brand isn't going anywhere.

I definitely hope that PC gaming is coming back. I'm considering buying a wired 360 controller just so I can use it for PC games. I know I've said before that I don't like PC gaming, but really, it is way better. I will need a better computer though...

Do that and your guts will be spread against the wall from the word go. Keyboard And Mouse .. FTW

I have a wired 360 controller. Sure, I can play any game with keyboard and mouse just from experience, but for many it's better. Stuff like Prince of Persia and probably Lara Croft feels a bit better on an analog pad.

Stuff like GTR2, or many modern racing games are for all intents and purposes unwinnable with a keyboard and mouse. Analog control and acceleration is absolutely essential. I would say you NEED a controller, or even better a wheel.

I was talking the more dominant games in pc gaming like fps games.

I cannot play first person shooters on a d pad anymore, it feels artificially slowed down.When left 4 dead has to introduce a snap 180 degree turn to the bumpers because it cannot keep up with gamespeed set by teh pc where you can turn 180 in a millisecond then it obviousley doesnt feel wright or work on consoles, however it is a good workaround and a snap turn like that should be mandatory in all console FPS's of that type.

There are advancements by the graphics card companys to make graphics card into the equivalent of a sound card and not having games being completely reliant on it.Theres also the possibility of having computers using flash drives which opens a whole load of oppurtunitys.

Its going to sound pathetic but pc gaming isnt dying, its in a transitional phase.Folks like Gabe Newell have expressed there anger at the consolite developers who hail console gaming as where its at and you see the billion dollar takings of console games yet a reletively cheap and low key game like Sins of a solar empire can get a million people to try the game and build up a community which sticks and enjoys the game.

I think ps3 will be a long burn which will ultimately make sony a lot of money, it does also give tehm ability if they stick with ps3 a while to shift its focus to more family freind fodder and do a whole wii-turn.

tifsdac6mc.gif

You really are an idiot.

Am I or am I not entitled to my own opinion?

You ARE entitled to one. But who says opinions can't be idiotic?

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

You really are an idiot.

And who said you have the right to judge them?

GG.gif

You really are an idiot.

Anybody with an IQ over 70.

mgssteelwarol7.png

You really are an idiot.

Anybody with an IQ over 70.

Touche.

GG.gif

And I really hope that if playstation does continue they make a cool name. Like Playstation X.(Or have they already made it? :| )

They already have made a PSX. You probably haven't heard of it because it never came to Europe and America and it failed everywhere else. It was a combined PS2, PS1 and video recorder. It was the first to have the XMB too.

Sony-PSX.jpg

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

And I really hope that if playstation does continue they make a cool name. Like Playstation X.(Or have they already made it? :| )

They already have made a PSX. You probably haven't heard of it because it never came to Europe and America and it failed everywhere else. It was a combined PS2, PS1 and video recorder. It was the first to have the XMB too.

Sony-PSX.jpg

Yeah and how they pitched it in america and europe to people at these incredibly informal computer roadshows where if you have a few spare wires you can sell them out the back of you're car.

Thats not how you sell a system...But i think thats what the next microsoft games system will be, will be a atechnology you can license into youre media centre box etc, so they dont get burned like did with 360 and theres a potentially wider audience for you're games.Toshiba would probably be the manufacturer

tifsdac6mc.gif

I'm going to say that nintendo will develop a way of controlling the games with your eyes! :shock:

Fyi, On the nitendo channel there is a clip of Pes2008, where they track the eye movements of the player in the developing process. It's a bit unprecise, but it looks nice.

I'm going to say that nintendo will develop a way of controlling the games with your eyes! :shock:

Fyi, On the nitendo channel there is a clip of Pes2008, where they track the eye movements of the player in the developing process. It's a bit unprecise, but it looks nice.

OMG really!

I want, eye control movement for CS:S I would so own... But it would fail so hard :cry:

Luck be a Lady

("next-gen" is still regularly used to describe 360, PS3 and Wii).

This is mainly because of the tons and tons of people with PS2s, and Sony still making PS2 games.

Considering that Sony is a huge company that does way more than consoles, I seriously doubt this. Also, Sony was on top for a long time, they just made the mistake of a 400-500 dollar console. Screw blu-ray, and then they would have had a 200 dollar console that sells like wrapping paper in December.

PS> Calling someone an idiot for trying to post something productive? Come on guys, you're being a little harsh. His statement wasn't the smartest thing I've seen, but still, give the guy a break.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I'll rephrase my sentence so it'll make more sense to everyone. I think that sony will stop in the video game system competition. They would still be a game company, just not for a system. THink of it as if they were programmers for new games for the other systems.... I...well....i'm confusing myself :?

[hide=]

This is mainly because of the tons and tons of people with PS2s, and Sony still making PS2 games.

Considering that Sony is a huge company that does way more than consoles, I seriously doubt this. Also, Sony was on top for a long time, they just made the mistake of a 400-500 dollar console. Screw blu-ray, and then they would have had a 200 dollar console that sells like wrapping paper in December.

PS> Calling someone an idiot for trying to post something productive? Come on guys, you're being a little harsh. His statement wasn't the smartest thing I've seen, but still, give the guy a break.

[/hide]

Wasn't the whole point of PS3 a Blu-ray player? I mean, it has some pretty hefty specs, but blu-ray is what allows it to use that. I mean, without that it's just a souped-up 360 that wouldn't be able to reach it's potential. Hell, I don't think it will reach it's potential even with the blu-ray. Want to know what makes a PS3 better than a 360? Blue-ray. 360 games are limited to a 20gb disc space, I think it might even be less than that. Blue-ray discs can store up to 80gb of data. A four-disc set for the 360 is a regular disc for the PS3.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

[hide=]

[/hide]

Wasn't the whole point of PS3 a Blu-ray player? I mean, it has some pretty hefty specs, but blu-ray is what allows it to use that. I mean, without that it's just a souped-up 360 that wouldn't be able to reach it's potential. Hell, I don't think it will reach it's potential even with the blu-ray. Want to know what makes a PS3 better than a 360? Blue-ray. 360 games are limited to a 20gb disc space, I think it might even be less than that. Blue-ray discs can store up to 80gb of data. A four-disc set for the 360 is a regular disc for the PS3.

But no one wants to pay $600 for a console.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

[hide=]

[/hide]

But no one wants to pay $600 for a console.

That's why they lowered the price.

*zing*

Every console lowers in price over time. Sure, the PS3 is $400 dollars now, but wait, the 360 is $300 now. And which is selling better? If the PS3 had started at $400 it would be so much more popular than it is. Now, people buy the 360 just because there are so many people online on it than the PS3.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Every console lowers in price over time. Sure, the PS3 is $400 dollars now, but wait, the 360 is $300 now. And which is selling better? If the PS3 had started at $400 it would be so much more popular than it is. Now, people buy the 360 just because there are so many people online on it than the PS3.

PS3 was selling better this year in worldwide sales. But not now becuase of the 360 price cut.

If I understoof right the Super Wii is some stuff to play really old games or w/e? If so that will be useless... If I'm wrong someone say me what it is.

You're wrong. I'll give you this analogy:

Wii is to Super Wii

as

Xbox is to Xbox360