American Terrorists

magekillr

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are the kkk technically terrorists?

They definitely were in the past, but I'm not sure about how they operate now. If they use fear as a means to influence people, then I would say yes.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

"America is a threat to the Eastern world...their terrorizing terrorists kill muslims in the name of Dubbya. We must invate the United States in a misson of our country's security defense and intrests."

-President of Iran before invading the US in the year 2009.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

i dont know what you just typed, but i was referring to the US Government

Yeah, I got that, and the statement applies to many other governments too. The point I'm making is that terrorism is not always related to guerrilla warfare.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

i dont know what you just typed, but i was referring to the US Government

Yeah, I got that, and the statement applies to many other governments too. The point I'm making is that terrorism is not always related to guerrilla warfare.

Nor is it necessarily with the intention of killing or injuring anyone, let alone civilians. Some of the IRA's most successful campaigns were targeting the railway lines. No one died, but people couldn't get to work and it was a general nuisance.

Terrorism is exactly what it says on the tin - the spread of terror for political or religious motives.

'"America is a threat to the Eastern world...their terrorizing terrorists kill muslims in the name of Dubbya. We must invate the United States in a misson of our country's security defense and intrests."

-President of Iran before invading the US in the year 2009.'

amen, americas reaction to 9/11 was appauling imo. of course it was a horrible and tragic event, but why avenge that with thousands mroe deaths. people need to learn to stop hating, stop caring, start loving not just their own but everyone and everything.

'"America is a threat to the Eastern world...their terrorizing terrorists kill muslims in the name of Dubbya. We must invate the United States in a misson of our country's security defense and intrests."

-President of Iran before invading the US in the year 2009.'

amen, americas reaction to 9/11 was appauling imo. of course it was a horrible and tragic event, but why avenge that with thousands mroe deaths. people need to learn to stop hating, stop caring, start loving not just their own but everyone and everything.

i just almost cried when i readed that line

"maybe its not to late,to learn how to love,and forgot how to hate!"

Make love,not war!

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

You've never met people, have you.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

You've never met people, have you.

how can yoou judge me because of that. I have met a hell of a lot of people in my 17 years, i've talked to many different people about many different things, from policemen to anarchists. you should never make such a stupid sweeping statement about me based on nothing lol.

I think the point he was trying to make is that the need/desire for vengeance is only human.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I think the point he was trying to make is that the need/desire for vengeance is only human.

its not. i know 9/11 is a touchy issue but live and let live, there was a reason that they bombed america you know..

if we carry on (which we are) attacking them then whens it going to end? 'an eye for an eye and the whole world is blind'

revenge may be for a lot of people part of human nature, but its not and shouldnt be. human nature isnt the same now that we have reached this level of intelligence, its not actually human nature just the way some of us think it is. i beleive a lot of people are very misguided in their views, some probally think i am, but i hate violence, anger, greed, suffering of any living thing. if someone killed my mother i'd be distraught, i'd want revenge but i wouldn't try to get the offender killed, i'd want them to realise how much pain they've caused and for me that is enough revenge.

and at the end of the day these people have had a lot more suffering than greedy self involved americans(Stereotyped tot he max but yeah).

live with it, learn to forgive and to look at why it happened, more war won't help ..

edit - Sorry, I got confused on who I was responding to, please delete this one.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

The sad part is, it's human nature just to box anyone of a religion into the group which the crazy extremists belong to also.

For example, you get a small minority of complete nut-jobs who go out suicide bombing, and people blame the whole ethnic group for the tiny minorities crime.

But i agree with 1_man_army;

think the point he was trying to make is that the need/desire for vengeance is only human.

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

The sad part is, it's human nature just to box anyone of a religion into the group which the crazy extremists belong to also.

For example, you get a small minority of complete nut-jobs who go out suicide bombing, and people blame the whole ethnic group for the tiny minorities crime.

Well, you say that, but I know I don't have that problem and I know about half my rational thinking mates don't have that problem either.

Just like I don't blame all Americans for the current economic crisis; I blame the system, and the bankers who went drunk-crazy on Wall Street. I don't blame "chavs" for youth crime and teenage pregnancies; I blame the misinformed, careless idiots that participate, whatever their class status. I don't blame the Qu'ran for al-Qaeda; I blame the sick men who've twisted its common interpretation and formed an independent ideology of pure hatred from it under the banner of Islam.

I don't believe vengeance is human nature. I believe the desire for justice and fairness is human nature, but I don't believe those necessarily manifest themselves in the form of hatred and vengeance.

Well, you say that, but I know I don't have that problem and I know about half my rational thinking mates don't have that problem either.

Just like I don't blame all Americans for the current economic crisis; I blame the system, and the bankers who went drunk-crazy on Wall Street. I don't blame "chavs" for youth crime and teenage pregnancies; I blame the misinformed, careless idiots that participate, whatever their class status. I don't blame the Qu'ran for al-Qaeda; I blame the sick men who've twisted its common interpretation and formed an independent ideology of pure hatred from it under the banner of Islam.

I don't believe vengeance is human nature. I believe the desire for justice and fairness is human nature, but I don't believe those necessarily manifest themselves in the form of hatred and vengeance.

If the people are taught right, they will believe the desire for Justice and fairness, but if someone has to learn for themselves or taught the other way, they're going to feel the need for vengeance, which is how they interpret justice, and fairness.

If nobody is going to do the justice and fairness for them, and people have to take it into thier own hands, doesn't that count as "vengeance?"

That's what I think anyway.

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

its not. i know 9/11 is a touchy issue but live and let live, there was a reason that they bombed america you know..

if we carry on (which we are) attacking them then whens it going to end? 'an eye for an eye and the whole world is blind'

revenge may be for a lot of people part of human nature, but its not and shouldnt be. human nature isnt the same now that we have reached this level of intelligence, its not actually human nature just the way some of us think it is. i beleive a lot of people are very misguided in their views, some probally think i am, but i hate violence, anger, greed, suffering of any living thing. if someone killed my mother i'd be distraught, i'd want revenge but i wouldn't try to get the offender killed, i'd want them to realise how much pain they've caused and for me that is enough revenge.

and at the end of the day these people have had a lot more suffering than greedy self involved americans(Stereotyped tot he max but yeah).

live with it, learn to forgive and to look at why it happened, more war won't help ..

Do you really think ignoring a terrorist is going to stop them from bombing? This isn't the 60's, it's time to step up and fight for what's yours.

The world will never be war free, it only takes 1 terrorist to mess that up and it's time to accept that.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Exactly. Terrorists aren't normal soldiers, they don't have any rules about fighting. They just kill whoever the [bleep] they see and declare it for whatever cause they want. Ridiculous. And asking them for peace, that won't help. Ignoring them? Haha, of course. Plus, you do know that Americans aren't the only ones in Iraq and Afghanistan, right? Italians and Dutch are there in relatively large numbers, as are the Brits. It isn't stereotypical of Americans to want revenge. That's the world.

Nobody knows exactly why they did it.

It would never end in the first place.

revenge may be for a lot of people part of human nature, but its not and shouldnt be.

Contradicted yourself there, and how can you change a base, well, I guess you could call it instinct?

i beleive a lot of people are very misguided in their views, some probally think i am, but i hate violence, anger, greed, suffering of any living thing.

Yeah we regulars just hang out here and kill each other for eating our food. It's called being realistic.

You don't understand terrorism. Period. This isn't "one nation hates another, but they can get along later". It's a group of crazies who hide behind their wives and shoot people. War would be even worse, particularly in Afghanistan, if the coalition forces hadn't stepped in. Face it, an iron fist is what's needed in areas that are full of war. You can't put flowers in their hair and sing Kumbaya together. They'll fill the flowers with IEDs.

America has terrorist cells like essentially every nation in the world. Get over it.

This thread is full of generalizations about generalizations over generalizations.

Texas acquitted a man of murdering a 13 year old who stole twinkies from his trailer

Before you go and slander my fair state by generalization, put the story in context. It's a poor border town in a neighborhood of very poor people that have serious issues with kids breaking into their homes looking for drug money. The twinkie was not even involved in the incident, it was a detail revealed afterwards. The kid was not shot over a twinkie, he was shot over a perceived threat. The jury does not read the same article you do. All they get are facts and testimonies with very little in the way of "spin." Do I defend the actions of the man? No. Do I agree with the court ruling? Not really. Does it bother me? Not really, to be honest. You are placing more emphasis on some punk kid who broke into someone's home than you are when some random innocent gets blown to hell by a suicide bomber that had no problem with that specific person. So take your own advice. Violence happens all over this world that is so ridiculous that it makes a kid getting shot over a twinkie look concrete.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

You don't understand terrorism. Period.

That's strange, when you said this in your opening paragraph:

Exactly. Terrorists aren't normal soldiers, they don't have any rules about fighting. They just kill whoever the [bleep] they see and declare it for whatever cause they want. Ridiculous.

If you step out of the "I must defend my country" stance, you'd actually realise there are far more terrorist organisations across the world than al-Qaeda. Some of them *shock* are even bigger. Some of them *shock* have no intentions of killing anyone. Some of them *bigger shock* have looked to America for fundraising.

It is no hidden secret that American civilians bankrolled the IRA, and you have the audacity to come on here and tell me what terrorism is? You haven't a bloody clue about your country's relationship with terrorism. America only started caring when 9/11 happened, and it suddenly realised it could no longer go on without condemning those who disrupt the rule of law without suffering massive bad domestic and international reputation. It is also no hidden secret that the IRA only really came to heel after 9/11. The Good Friday Agreement before that was immensely fragile, given the tempestuous relationship between Sinn Fein and the DUP.

I'm in no way suggesting America was ever pro-terrorist, but for what it's worth, it's only cared for 7 years. You coming on here and giving me a highly generalised image of your stereotypical terrorist? Ridiculous.

If you bring up Iraq, I'll talk about Al-Qaeda. The IRA is a bit behind the lines there, I guess. :P

I'd talk more about other terrorist organizations, but I don't know enough about most of them to truly debate.

(Plus, you weren't supposed to reply, Ginger, that's not fair :( )