American Terrorists

magekillr

Exactly. Terrorists aren't normal soldiers, they don't have any rules about fighting. They just kill whoever the [bleep] they see and declare it for whatever cause they want. Ridiculous. And asking them for peace, that won't help. Ignoring them? Haha, of course. Plus, you do know that Americans aren't the only ones in Iraq and Afghanistan, right? Italians and Dutch are there in relatively large numbers, as are the Brits. It isn't stereotypical of Americans to want revenge. That's the world.

[/b]

Dude so do so many armies, you show a stupid narrow view on terroism that is blatently derived from 9/11 and the middle eastern bombers. i wonder what happened in iraq? what about all the civilians that the brutal american army have killed, and the soldiers on their side? what were their reasons for iraq? so many but they were told not to do it and did same as how you described terrorists. a terrorist uses terror to win a fight, the american army uses terror and force to force its view on others.

you sir are an idiot deisplaying no intelligence on thsi subject. especially not enough to pick apart everything that i posted..[/b]

its not. i know 9/11 is a touchy issue but live and let live, there was a reason that they bombed america you know..

Nobody knows exactly why they did it.

YES THEY DO YOU ABSOLUTE FOOL!!!!! because america jepordized and screwed over middle eastern countries security and is continuing to do so!!! have you ever heard about those 'osama bin laden tapes'? you are a typical idiot that has only looked at it from the america point of view which in my opinion is blatently wrong!!!!!!!! you know where this all came from? israel and the united nations screwing over palestine and lebanom(sp). we dont know what goes on there we're just fed lies and propaganda in subtle media form. so dont talk absolute crap, if you'd simply typed in 'reasons for 9/11' you'd find out

CLEARLY PEOPLE WOULDN'T KILL THEMSELVES AND COUNTLESS OTHERS FOR NO REASON, DESPERATION AND ANGER ARE THE ROOTS OF THE REASON AND AMERICA ARE THE CAUSE(in their eyes and mine)

if we carry on (which we are) attacking them then whens it going to end? 'an eye for an eye and the whole world is blind'

It would never end in the first place.

nor would it have started, force is an absolute last resort and if needed to put down a crazy dictator then so be it, but i really doubt that doing that would cause enough anger in people for them to bomb us. no it was more us siding with israel in the first place and effectively screwing them over, if we'd have just talked and figured out a solution then none of this probally would ever have happened. there will always be war because occasionally it is neccasary but like i said war is a last resort, not for america though..

AMERICA STARTED THIS

revenge may be for a lot of people part of human nature, but its not and shouldnt be.

Contradicted yourself there, and how can you change a base, well, I guess you could call it instinct?

human nature? what's human nature? its something that we've made up to probaly justify things that we've done that some might find wrong. there is no such thing as human nature except at the bare roots of it, obviously the instinct for survival etc. but we've overcome all that, there is no such thing as human instinct anymore but some people beleive it is to justify their views? get what im spraying?

i beleive a lot of people are very misguided in their views, some probally think i am, but i hate violence, anger, greed, suffering of any living thing.

Yeah we regulars just hang out here and kill each other for eating our food. It's called being realistic.

well you obviously are misguided in your views, judging from what you've written.. anyway greed and money isn't being realistic you idiot. being realistic would be seeing what life really is..

live with it, learn to forgive and to look at why it happened, more war won't help ..

You don't understand terrorism. Period. This isn't "one nation hates another, but they can get along later". It's a group of crazies who hide behind their wives and shoot people. War would be even worse, particularly in Afghanistan, if the coalition forces hadn't stepped in. Face it, an iron fist is what's needed in areas that are full of war. You can't put flowers in their hair and sing Kumbaya together. They'll fill the flowers with IEDs.

to be honest i don't have clue what afghanistans like and i can bet you a shed load that you don't either. the civillians in iraq say that now that the "coalition" is in it's just as bad as when al quaeda were in power. an iron fist in areas like that don't help the situation you fool, talking to the leaders of al quaeda(sp), whatever it's a hard situation to sort out but by invading their country its not going to soften the anti western mood is it? its obviously not going to help, depending on what your view of helping is.

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well.. let me pick apart what you said right back atcha

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and we have a presidential candidate with friends who are terrorist's.

Weird.

:shock: I hope you're joking, because I didn't realise people we're stupid enough to believe Palin's [cabbage] smear campaign.

Next thing she's going to say is the story on how she saved Christmas, with making a clean, renewable, safe, powerful energy resource which cures cancer.

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

I actually got that "obsession" video in the mail the other day. I watched maybe 45 minutes of it, and it was basically things that I already knew about radical Islam. Terror exists everywhere, even right here in the United States. It's nothing new.

Islam is greatly misunderstood, it makes me so mad.

I know. It's really a good religion, just often taken out of context by its more radical groups and not understood by us.

They're only repeating the mass disgrace on Vietnam, pretty much. That's all been done by America before, no doubt.

Vietnam was an actual war, with soldiers. It was less obvious than, say, world war two, on who your enemy was, but the "war" in Iraq is hardly comparable. It isn't even a war now, many of the soldiers I know talk about firing their weapons hardly once a month.

Freaky, if you'd fix your quotes, and debate like a normal person instead of an [wagon], I'll reply. But I'm not gonna try and work out things to reply to out of the rambling, "shouting", and quote wall. All you're doing is make yourself look like a frothing and narrow-minded person.

EDIT: Nah, I'll *TRY* and decipher it. It looks like fun.

[hide=]

Dude so do so many armies, you show a stupid narrow view on terroism that is blatently derived from 9/11 and the middle eastern bombers. i wonder what happened in iraq? what about all the civilians that the brutal american army have killed, and the soldiers on their side? what were their reasons for iraq? so many but they were told not to do it and did same as how you described terrorists. a terrorist uses terror to win a fight, the american army uses terror and force to force its view on others.

What? You haven't replied to this. You've just want on a rambling rant against America.

you sir are an idiot deisplaying no intelligence on thsi subject. especially not enough to pick apart everything that i posted.

Name calling is the last weapon in a debater's arsenal.

YES THEY DO YOU ABSOLUTE FOOL!!!!! because america jepordized and screwed over middle eastern countries security and is continuing to do so!!!

Al-Qaeda (who is widely believed responsible for 9/11) doesn't pledge fealty to any nation. That's a ridiculous reason.

have you ever heard about those 'osama bin laden tapes'? you are a typical idiot that has only looked at it from the america point of view which in my opinion is blatently wrong!!!!!!!!

You aren't even taking an intelligent view from either side. Stop trying to be rebel for its sheer sake unless you show the intelligence required.

you know where this all came from? israel and the united nations screwing over palestine and lebanom(sp).

Al-Qaeda doesn't affiliate particularly with Palestinian or Lebonese terrorists, nor do the many groups of Iraqi insurgents.

we dont know what goes on there we're just fed lies and propaganda in subtle media form. so dont talk absolute crap, if you'd simply typed in 'reasons for 9/11' you'd find out

So articles on the internet give you quality information, particularly if they're "not mainstream propagated"? This is amusing.

CLEARLY PEOPLE WOULDN'T KILL THEMSELVES AND COUNTLESS OTHERS FOR NO REASON, DESPERATION AND ANGER ARE THE ROOTS OF THE REASON AND AMERICA ARE THE CAUSE(in their eyes and mine)

No, it's the Koran's teachings being taken out of context, as well as many individuals with their own ridiculous goals of power.

nor would it have started, force is an absolute last resort and if needed to put down a crazy dictator then so be it

Cough. Saddam Hussein. Cough.

no it was more us siding with israel in the first place and effectively screwing them over,

This started with Kuwait and Saudi Arabia anyways. You're showing ridiculous ignorance on the recent history of the Middle East.

if we'd have just talked and figured out a solution then none of this probally would ever have happened. there will always be war because occasionally it is neccasary but like i said war is a last resort, not for america though..

AMERICA STARTED THIS

I'm still amused, but also sad for you.

human nature? what's human nature? its something that we've made up to probaly justify things that we've done that some might find wrong. there is no such thing as human nature except at the bare roots of it, obviously the instinct for survival etc. but we've overcome all that, there is no such thing as human instinct anymore but some people beleive it is to justify their views? get what im spraying?

No, because as you've said, you're spraying random gibberish.

well you obviously are misguided in your views, judging from what you've written.. anyway greed and money isn't being realistic you idiot. being realistic would be seeing what life really is..

Hating every person in America? Jesus, you hypocrite. Stop talking about love and peace when you're frothing over with ignorant hatred for America.

to be honest i don't have clue what afghanistans like and i can bet you a shed load that you don't either.

I apparently know more than you.

the civillians in iraq say that now that the "coalition" is in it's just as bad as when al quaeda were in power.

Al Qaeda never controlled Iraq. Get your facts straight at the very least.

an iron fist in areas like that don't help the situation you fool, talking to the leaders of al quaeda(sp),

If you can find Osama Bin Laden, the I.S. government owes you...20 million dollars? I believe.

whatever it's a hard situation to sort out but by invading their country its not going to soften the anti western mood is it?

Apart from the more wealthy, urban folk, many people in Iraq don't know (or care) about the West. They only know America (Britain, Italy, etc.) as the soldiers that may help them or may not.

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well.. let me pick apart what you said right back atcha

Okay, whatever you say.[/hide]

Now I'm tired.

EDIT AGAIN: I'm gonna put that part into hide tags.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

[hide=]

What? You haven't replied to this. You've just want on a rambling rant against America.

you sir are an idiot deisplaying no intelligence on thsi subject. especially not enough to pick apart everything that i posted.

Name calling is the last weapon in a debater's arsenal.

YES THEY DO YOU ABSOLUTE FOOL!!!!! because america jepordized and screwed over middle eastern countries security and is continuing to do so!!!

Al-Qaeda (who is widely believed responsible for 9/11) doesn't pledge fealty to any nation. That's a ridiculous reason.

have you ever heard about those 'osama bin laden tapes'? you are a typical idiot that has only looked at it from the america point of view which in my opinion is blatently wrong!!!!!!!!

You aren't even taking an intelligent view from either side. Stop trying to be rebel for its sheer sake unless you show the intelligence required.

you know where this all came from? israel and the united nations screwing over palestine and lebanom(sp).

Al-Qaeda doesn't affiliate particularly with Palestinian or Lebonese terrorists, nor do the many groups of Iraqi insurgents.

we dont know what goes on there we're just fed lies and propaganda in subtle media form. so dont talk absolute crap, if you'd simply typed in 'reasons for 9/11' you'd find out

So articles on the internet give you quality information, particularly if they're "not mainstream propagated"? This is amusing.

No, it's the Koran's teachings being taken out of context, as well as many individuals with their own ridiculous goals of power.

nor would it have started, force is an absolute last resort and if needed to put down a crazy dictator then so be it

Cough. Saddam Hussein. Cough.

no it was more us siding with israel in the first place and effectively screwing them over,

This started with Kuwait and Saudi Arabia anyways. You're showing ridiculous ignorance on the recent history of the Middle East.

if we'd have just talked and figured out a solution then none of this probally would ever have happened. there will always be war because occasionally it is neccasary but like i said war is a last resort, not for america though..

AMERICA STARTED THIS

I'm still amused, but also sad for you.

No, because as you've said, you're spraying random gibberish.

Hating every person in America? Jesus, you hypocrite. Stop talking about love and peace when you're frothing over with ignorant hatred for America.

to be honest i don't have clue what afghanistans like and i can bet you a shed load that you don't either.

I apparently know more than you.

the civillians in iraq say that now that the "coalition" is in it's just as bad as when al quaeda were in power.

Al Qaeda never controlled Iraq. Get your facts straight at the very least.

an iron fist in areas like that don't help the situation you fool, talking to the leaders of al quaeda(sp),

If you can find Osama Bin Laden, the I.S. government owes you...20 million dollars? I believe.

whatever it's a hard situation to sort out but by invading their country its not going to soften the anti western mood is it?

Apart from the more wealthy, urban folk, many people in Iraq don't know (or care) about the West. They only know America (Britain, Italy, etc.) as the soldiers that may help them or may not.

Okay, whatever you say.[/hide]

Tip.it - The blind leading the blind, you're both wrong on certain issues. If I had the time tonight I'd go through them but right now I'm off to sleep. Hopefully somebody else will have picked through this before I read this thread again.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Tip.it - The blind leading the blind, you're both wrong on certain issues. If I had the time tonight I'd go through them but right now I'm off to sleep. Hopefully somebody else will have picked through this before I read this thread again.

Of course. At least I'm not screaming that he's a blithering idiot, just like the rest of his ilk (I believe he's British).

Although I probably did have a short fuse. Meh.

Most religions (including Christianity) are greatly misunderstood. Think how we feel. It's common in most aspects to judge a book by it's worst pages.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Most religions (including Christianity) are greatly misunderstood. Think how we feel. It's common in most aspects to judge a book by it's worst pages.

Yes, but you're not the one getting job applications turned down or getting shot at by US forces. So get off your Crusader high horse and the muslim off his Jihad camel. We can't always try to make ourselves look the victim now can we?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Ouch, that was rather bigoted. I am very warm to the Islam faith, considering we worship the same God. I was simply stating that it happens to all religions, or most any group of people. It's called stereotyping. It's wrong, but it happens.

So get off your high horse. And to be honest I had a very close friend who was killed in an IRA bombing. Muslims are not the only people in the world "getting shot at" because of their faith.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Ouch, that was rather bigoted. I am very warm to the Islam faith, considering we worship the same God. I was simply stating that it happens to all religions, or most any group of people. It's called stereotyping. It's wrong, but it happens.

So get off your high horse. And to be honest I had a very close friend who was killed in an IRA bombing. Muslims are not the only people in the world "getting shot at" because of their faith.

I really don't know why this thread has to continue. Barihawk pretty much just said all that needs to be said.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Why restrict this to religion? Most ideologies are misunderstood by the common man.

Think how I feel as a socialist being constantly linked to Stalinist Russia.

We're all terrorists in the eyes of someone else.

Exactly. Which is why when you remove the vain "Stand up for yourself" macho attitude, the War on Terror is quite possibly the most ill-conceived idea of the 21st Century.

Yeah, it's really a stupid choice of name, since now it isn't even a war so much as a rebuilding (at least, in Iraq. Still a lot more fighting in Afghanistan).

And ideologies being commonly misinterpreted, also true.

Commie :P

[hide=]

(1) Al-Qaeda (who is widely believed responsible for 9/11) doesn't pledge fealty to any nation. That's a ridiculous reason.

(2)Al-Qaeda doesn't affiliate particularly with Palestinian or Lebonese terrorists, nor do the many groups of Iraqi insurgents.

(3)we dont know what goes on there we're just fed lies and propaganda in subtle media form. so dont talk absolute crap, if you'd simply typed in 'reasons for 9/11' you'd find out

(4)CLEARLY PEOPLE WOULDN'T KILL THEMSELVES AND COUNTLESS OTHERS FOR NO REASON, DESPERATION AND ANGER ARE THE ROOTS OF THE REASON AND AMERICA ARE THE CAUSE(in their eyes and mine)

(5)no it was more us siding with israel in the first place and effectively screwing them over,

(6)an iron fist in areas like that don't help the situation you fool, talking to the leaders of al quaeda(sp),

(7)whatever it's a hard situation to sort out but by invading their country its not going to soften the anti western mood is it?

Apart from the more wealthy, urban folk, many people in Iraq don't know (or care) about the West. They only know America (Britain, Italy, etc.) as the soldiers that may help them or may not.[/hide]

I hate numbering points but I had no other way to break up the quote wall into seperate points that I could reply to.

1) Al-Qaeda doesn't pledge loyalty to a nation however, the point is that their recruitment has been helped tremendously because of the reckless policies of US and the UK over the last few decades. Our endorsement of "good dictators" (ie. anyone anti-communist or anti-socialist such as Mubarak in Egypt, Musharraf in Pakistan, and the Shah of Iran) has lead to a lot of anti-western feeling in the Middle East and elsewhere which is what has led to the creation and the thriving of extremist groups such as Al-Qaeda. Western presence in Middle Eastern nations hasn't helped either (the US military presence in Saudi Arabia was a huge controversy until the 2003 pull out). When you add to that the unconditional support we've given to Israel, and the two wars we're waging in Muslim nations, it's no wonder there is a lot of anti-Western feeling in the region.

2) Pretty much dealt with in 1.

3) Nobody will argue that the media has been completely fair and unbiased since the invasion of Afghanistan however, a lot of the problem is with the viewers/readers in my opinion. People seem unable to critically evaluate a situation and that's made worse by people not knowing the background of the Middle Eastern nations that are involved. Sure, certain newspapers/TV stations set their coverage up to reflect a certain political position (in UK, TV legally aren't allowed but there are ways around this) but you could argue that they're only reflecting the views of their consumers. I think people should, in this day and age, be able to look at a wide range of media and be able to come to their own informed opinion.

Now that being said, the internet is a difficult place for news. You have to be very selective about the sites you use to get news online (I stick to BBC and one or two others myself) because the nature of the net allows anyone to make up what they want. There are so many crackpot conspiracy theories online that it's hard to take much of the so-called online "news" seriously.

4) Yes the radical interpretation of the Koran has led to many people adopting militancy but it's not the only reason. As I already said, a lot of people in the Middle East hate the West for our policies in the region and that's led to a lot of resentment. Poverty and desperation also play a part, your average suicide bomber is generally speaking, from a poor background, from a disadvantaged area, of little or no education and they're generally disillusioned young men in their 20's. People from that sort of background are far more susceptible to being exploited by extremists - that is not to say all become terrorists or even that a significant amount become terrorists, they are just more suseptible. There are also exceptions to this like everything else, Bin Laden himself comes from a pretty priveledged background.

5) Kuwait is only relevant to the first Gulf War, this war in Iraq was about mythical WMD's, then it was about regime change...

6) Talking to Al-Qaeda is impossible as their goal is the destruction of he West. Talking to enemies (ie nations) in general is beneficial. We can't continue to ignore the grievances of others, we need to sit down at the negotiating table and try to work through our differences where possible. That doesn't mean giving in to ridiculous demands (such as allowing the destruction of Israel) but it does mean we have to take a pragmatic approach to bringing peace and building relations with nations we don't like (such as Iran and N. Korea) in order to get some form of co-operation. Using an iron fist approach will only create more anti-Western feeling in the region, that isn't to say we shouldn't pursue terrorists abroad, we should just be very careful regarding how we do things.

Negotiation worked with Libya who were the among the first and most firm of the Muslim states to denounce 9/11, amazing for a nation who just around 13 years before were accused of masterminding the Lockerbie bombing. I'm not saying Libya is perfect now, far from it, but the progress is outstanding and is proof of the route we should all take in regard to dealing with enemies.

7) It's ignorant to suggest that ordinary Iraqi's don't know about the West. People in less well off nations aren't as backward as you suggest.

----------------------------------------

Anyway, that is what all I've got on the issue at the moment. I hope my random musing didn't ramble and made sense.

edit - Why am I unable to hide the last sentence of the quote wall (the same thing happened the last time)?

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Ooo, and actual answer. Very well-written. I don't really have any counterpoints to any of that, to be honest. Great post.

Oh, wait. 7. I wasn't implying Iraqis are backwards and don't know about the West, just that they don't particularly care. They have enough to worry about with themselves and their families, of course.

You really sort of focused Freakyhair's ramblings and made a lot more since out of them.

Oh, wait. 7. I wasn't implying Iraqis are backwards and don't know about the West, just that they don't particularly care. They have enough to worry about with themselves and their families, of course.

I know you don't like me replying to you but, meh... :P

Let's reverse the roles here. A country (strike that, alliance (Tip.It needs a tag)) invades wherever you live. They completely destroy your infrastructure, set up a government of their own moral values, and remain inside your country after realising they've unleashed anarchy.

Wouldn't you just start to care about the countries that have done this? I know I would.

The thing is, Iraq's infrastructure in the north and south had already been destroyed by Saddam's regime in the 90's, and that's where a lot of our presence is (I don't think we really need to say alliance, I know I've fought about that, but it's mostly us there anyways). A lot has actually improved there. The same with Baghdad, although it's considered worse there because of things like the daily power loss. But the reason for that is how much power Baghdad generates for the rest of the nation - which hadn't had any power for quite some time.

While I'm sure they care if they are directly affected (like Baghdadians), many of the rural people rarely see Americans or other Coalition troops, and even if they do, today it's relatively rare for war to sprout up where there once was a lot.

One thing I have to say about Iraqis: They are very, very strange. They will forgive and forget as easily as they'll form feuds that can last centuries.

Weird.

:shock: I hope you're joking, because I didn't realise people we're stupid enough to believe Palin's [cabbage] smear campaign.

Next thing she's going to say is the story on how she saved Christmas, with making a clean, renewable, safe, powerful energy resource which cures cancer.

i never saw palins smear campaign you speak of, all i know is that obama is affiliated with terrorists. As to what degree, no one really knows. Obama said "he lived down the block" yet, held a party or something for obama at his home, which barack attended.

odd, because truth is weird.

Weird.

i never saw palins smear campaign you speak of, all i know is that obama is affiliated with terrorists. As to what degree, no one really knows. Obama said "he lived down the block" yet, held a party or something for obama at his home, which barack attended.

odd, because truth is weird.

Please, PLEASE be more specific in what you say is his affiliation with terrorists. It is very hard to destroy a lie if we don't even know what it is. If anything, Bush has the harshest connection to maniacal killers world-over of everyone present (just look up Prescott Bush and some of the things he's been involved with). The last thing we need is people voting for the end of this country unknowingly because they didn't get the whole story of a candidate.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.