runescapeloser22

Video Games & Consoles Index - Find Specific Threads

I tried pulling up the thumbstick, doesn't really work. I've gotten used to it, though, i can compensate.

As for the game as a whole, I think Yahztee summed it up pretty well despite talking about the expansion: all it really is is a series of dark corridors on the way to the next 1 minute fire fight, repeat. Every so often it will remember it's trying to be a horror game and the lights will flicker or a ghost will appear for a second or two, but those moments are far between so far. It also misses several scare chances that games like Bioshock would have been all over like rabid wolverines to my underpants, such as navigating a narrow hall to a medkit or health increase, and then turning around and finding a ghost right in your face screaming or something. In fact, Bioshock does just that, but for whatever reason F.E.A.R. just lets them go.

But when it really gets into sheer balls-to-the-wall mind [bleep], it's pretty good. The most memorable sequence was after I jumped down a shaft into some water and I was suddenly in a hallway waist deep in blood with the little girl ghost on the opposite side behind some double doors. I have to wade down there, when suddenly I'm back where I was and a skeleton suddenly leaps out of the water at me. But there's only been about 2 or 3 of these moments that I've encountered so far. Which is fine, though, the sheer thought that one of these could happen any second is enough to keep me on edge. So while it's a fun game, and it's well worth the $16 I payed for it, I can't help but feel it missed the mark a bit.

I never did finish F.E.A.R (PC). It's fun, but near the end you really have to use the bullet time deal to even get near surviving. Just not that much fun running around in slow mo after a while.

Just did a rather large overhaul of the TF2 thread's opening post inspired by the new Index.

Tk5SF.png

Just bought Dead Space. Only fought 1 Necromorph, but I think it's safe to describe the combat as "visceral", especially when you can't pull together all the controls for aiming and firing and have to resort to just beating the crap out of it.

It's gonna be awesome.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Just bought Dead Space. Only fought 1 Necromorph, but I think it's safe to describe the combat as "visceral", especially when you can't pull together all the controls for aiming and firing and have to resort to just beating the crap out of it.

It's gonna be awesome.

Lenin, its like christmas in October for you... Right?

Hell yea it is. What's really great is blowing one's head off, because that just pisses it off and it just swings madly. I just got my Kinesis Module, so I can make things fly, but I haven't found a good way to implement it into combat. Ammo is actually pretty common, at least for one weapon. I actually got my frst achievement after about 10 minutes, for dismembering 20 body parts. Curb stomping dead bodies got me most of those.

Oh, and I just bought my flamethrower. Can anyone say "frikking awesome"?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

Can anyone say "frikking awesome" less than awesome? It doesn't seem to deal a much damage, and it uses a lot of ammo really fast, and that ammo actually is very scarce. Should have bought the better suit instead....

And that's an interesting logo. But you should make the...Marines? in the background have goblin heads or devil horns or something.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

It's gonna be awesome.

I just downloaded it a little bit ago, scary as [bleep] man.

Quite so. The Unitology religion is also so obviously their version of Scientology it's ridiculous. There's even a text log stating that to get to higher levels in the church you have to pay exorbitant fees :lol:

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I have done it. I have completed Dead Space! It has quite an ending. I'm starting a replay with all my equipment, so I can fully upgrade all my weapons and get the achievement for 30 kills with Contact Beam, then I'll start Impossible Mode.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I have done it. I have completed Dead Space! It has quite an ending. I'm starting a replay with all my equipment, so I can fully upgrade all my weapons and get the achievement for 30 kills with Contact Beam, then I'll start Impossible Mode.

Just beat it as well and, I agree, the ending is incredible. And [cabbage] man, the guy's behind Dead Space need to teach developers a thing or two about boss design -- holy [cabbage]!

May I suggest you alphabetize the thread links, so that it is easier to find a game thread you are looking for?

Ctrl+F.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=769374

^the official N64 thread ;)^

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

What would you guys say to a 'Recommend Me a Game' sticky? A sticky where people can post what console they have, the interest in games they have and how much money they are able to spend. This will cut down the amount of people making a new topic every time they wanted a new game.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Last time, that was sort of what this thread was, in a way. But unofficial, obviously, and with less people giving recommendations.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I pm'd BlueLancer so I'll see what he says about it.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Its a good idea^^^ There are a lot of threads that have to do with that subject so...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg