Contents

1. "Official" Game/Console Threads

2. Guides! Guides! Guides!

• 2.1 System Related
    2.2 Game Related

3. Tournaments

4. Friend Code, Gamertag, PSN, ect. ID Threads

5. Gaming News

6. Discussion Threads (not specific to any game)

"Official" Game/Console Threads

Please only make a new topic for a specific game/console if it is not listed below! Otherwise it will be locked!

Age of Conan

Aion

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Battlefield Discussion

BioShock 2

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty: World At War

Call of Duty 7: Black Ops

Combat Arms

Dead Space

Dante's Inferno

Dragon Age Origins

Dragon Age II

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Enex 2

Fable I/II

Fallout 3

Final Fantasy (All Versions)

Gears of War 2

Grand Theft Auto IV: Liberty City

Guitar Hero 3

Guitar Hero: World Tour

Halo (General Discussion)

Halo 3

Heroes of Newerth

Kirby

Left 4 Dead

Mass Effect Thread

MechScape

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Metro 2033

Minecraft

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Mount & Blade

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

N

Nintendo DSi

Nintendo DS

Playstation 4, Super Wii, X-Box 720

Pokemon Thread

Portal: Prelude

Portal 2

PS3 vs. Wii vs. 360

PSP vs. NDS

Rift

Rock Band 2

Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero

Scribblenauts

Spore

Starcraft 2

Team Fortress 2

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

World of Warcraft

Guides! Guides! Guides!

Stuck on a game, need to figure out how to work your console? Click on one of the links below. You're always welcome to post new guides!

• 2.1 System Related

Setting Up Wii Wireless Internet Connection

• 2.2 Game Related

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Walkthrough - Tips/Tricks

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Terminology Guide

Barihawk's Left 4 Dead Guide

The Tier List Thread

Tournaments

Get your competitive gaming fix.

No current tournaments. Feel free to start your own!

Friend Code, Gamertag, PSN, ect. ID Threads

Connect with your fellow Tip.It gamers and play with or against each other online.

Wii

Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nintendo DS

X-Box 360

Playstation 3

Steam

Gaming News

Read about all the recent news in the gaming world!

Bungie Announcement

Ensemble Studios Shutting Down

Nintendo DSi Announced by Nintendo

Tokyo Game Show 2008

WoW Gamer Has 36 Accounts, Raids by Himself...

Discussion Threads

Discuss very important gaming matters.

Games Franchises that Should Give Up

Are YOU a fanboy?

What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

Games that you find overrated

Guess the Game

If you feel something should be added please either post here (preferred) or give me a PM and I'll get on it! :)

Created By: Runescapeloser22 on Sept. 29, 2008

Banner by: ronnie_kloet

Thanks to: Abelmisi for thinking of the original thread and spending so much time on it!

Lenin64 for finding all the threads again after the massive rollback in the original thread!

All the other VG&C mods who helped Abelmisi maintain the old thread!

Updated 3/11/2011 - Kcdragon8116

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge thanks to Abelmisi, and all the other mods, who put the effort needed to maintain this thread initially.

Also, in FC's, you might wanna note the Brawl Club also contains the Friend Code's of active TIF Brawlers. There's no tourneys going on for a while either.

Hey guys,

Seeing the amount of work you put into this (I think its awesome the community stepped forward to keep such a useful index going) I'd be glad to sticky it for you.

One proviso - I won't be able to dedicate masses of time to keep it updated like the much missed Abelmisi due to going back to uni soon so I'll leave it in the hands of the OP (although, I will of course keep an eye on it and provide any modly influence that is require). Its also great to having something to point people to to prevent duplicate topics from my point of view.

Once again, nice work *stickified*

Ochen' khoroshiy*, Comrade! This was one of my favorite threads...for awhile. For the record, a certain few people should refrain from responding to every post. In fact, it might be best to just not at all. Maybe.

And I hate to sound rude or something, but you did neglect to mention by efforts at reviving the thread after the big rollback, refinding all of the threads and whatnot. But it's cool. That's why this is in small text.

*very good!

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Phew, I thought our spam thread was gone for good. ;)

I have one suggestion for it. Can you change the green lettering? It's almost impossible to read on the tip it theme. You think you could just keep it white and underline+bold it instead? Thanks.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I think that kcd means to not to change with the font. If I am correct, this makes it match with the forum theme that each user is using. For example, I'm using TIFblack, or whatever it's called.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I think that kcd means to not to change with the font. If I am correct, this makes it match with the forum theme that each user is using. For example, I'm using TIFblack, or whatever it's called.

Yeah, thats what I mean. The standard text for each skin makes it the easiest to read. By white I just meant the text I was used to reading, I forget other skins have other color fonts.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=756841 Add? Only if you love me though.

That's a bit dead. Though I still play...Yesterday's update was nice, from what I could tell (I tried getting on but all the servers were messed up...And then I had to sleep), I was about to complain about how OMA earns so much more money than anything else. (And since snipers fail and OMA, and sniper rifles cost the most... -.- )

Now, let's get back all those pages so people will look at this. ::'

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I suppose we should set up some guidelines as to what this thread should be used for, so it doesn't end up with naother 8 pages of people trying to make it to the next page with certain people posting every other post.

I recommend something like game suggestions, i.e. "I don't know if I should get [this] or [that] next, recommendations?" or something like it. Of course that wouldn't be all, but I do feel some rules should be set.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

I suppose we should set up some guidelines as to what this thread should be used for, so it doesn't end up with naother 8 pages of people trying to make it to the next page with certain people posting every other post.

I recommend something like game suggestions, i.e. "I don't know if I should get [this] or [that] next, recommendations?" or something like it. Of course that wouldn't be all, but I do feel some rules should be set.

How about no spamming to get another page or double posting either.

How about no spamming to get another page or double posting either.

Agreed [/endspam]

That's a bit dead. Though I still play...Yesterday's update was nice, from what I could tell (I tried getting on but all the servers were messed up...And then I had to sleep), I was about to complain about how OMA earns so much more money than anything else. (And since snipers fail and OMA, and sniper rifles cost the most... -.- )

They did a pretty large update to it, Black Market, little tweaks to experiences and voice-overs. Honestly it's the best one so far and with Sand Hog coming..But yea they had login issues with mass amounts of people trying to connect to the servers all at once.

But even if it's still dead having it in here will prevent another topic of it being created, and topics really don't die in here anyways, as look at the Mechscape thread, or the minimal amount of pages in here.

They did a pretty large update to it, Black Market, little tweaks to experiences and voice-overs. Honestly it's the best one so far and with Sand Hog coming..But yea they had login issues with mass amounts of people trying to connect to the servers all at once.

But even if it's still dead having it in here will prevent another topic of it being created, and topics really don't die in here anyways, as look at the Mechscape thread, or the minimal amount of pages in here.

I never was able to get that game to work....

Second page woot!

Today I purchased F.E.A.R. and so far it's pretty good. Controls: good, graphics: decent, atmosphere: pant-wetting. The only problem is that when I walk, even after I've stopped pushing on the thumbstick my character continues to move forward, and this is not an especially good quality to have in any game, much less an FPS, and has sent me multiple times running gleefully into a room full of baddies waiting to make me their new pincushion for bullets and completely throwing off any surprise I might have had.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Today I purchased F.E.A.R. and so far it's pretty good. Controls: good, graphics: decent, atmosphere: pant-wetting. The only problem is that when I walk, even after I've stopped pushing on the thumbstick my character continues to move forward, and this is not an especially good quality to have in any game, much less an FPS, and has sent me multiple times running gleefully into a room full of baddies waiting to make me their new pincushion for bullets and completely throwing off any surprise I might have had.

Oh wow, that sucks. Have you checked your settings?

Try pulling your thumbstick up, mine sometimes goes down or something so that when I release it, it is still being pushed in the direction it was just in.

I tried pulling up the thumbstick, doesn't really work. I've gotten used to it, though, i can compensate.

As for the game as a whole, I think Yahztee summed it up pretty well despite talking about the expansion: all it really is is a series of dark corridors on the way to the next 1 minute fire fight, repeat. Every so often it will remember it's trying to be a horror game and the lights will flicker or a ghost will appear for a second or two, but those moments are far between so far. It also misses several scare chances that games like Bioshock would have been all over like rabid wolverines to my underpants, such as navigating a narrow hall to a medkit or health increase, and then turning around and finding a ghost right in your face screaming or something. In fact, Bioshock does just that, but for whatever reason F.E.A.R. just lets them go.

But when it really gets into sheer balls-to-the-wall mind [bleep]ery, it's pretty good. The most memorable sequence was after I jumped down a shaft into some water and I was suddenly in a hallway waist deep in blood with the little girl ghost on the opposite side behind some double doors. I have to wade down there, when suddenly I'm back where I was and a skeleton suddenly leaps out of the water at me. But there's only been about 2 or 3 of these moments that I've encountered so far. Which is fine, though, the sheer thought that one of these could happen any second is enough to keep me on edge. So while it's a fun game, and it's well worth the $16 I payed for it, I can't help but feel it missed the mark a bit.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif