Starcraft 2

The Observer

Forgive me if there's another topic on this, I did a search but couldn't find one about this specifically.

So, who's looking forward to Starcraft 2? I got a beta invite a little while ago and it looks good, but kinda feeling annoyed with not having a better computer, so I'm stuck using all the low settings. Does anyone else here have a beta invite? If so, how did you find it? For those who didn't, the beta isn't exactly all too great, it only has multiplayer and the lag isn't exactly non-existent, if you catch my drift.

Mods feel free to update.

US Region

Forum name - Character name: code

• soma2035 - SomaCruz: 802

EU Region

Forum name - Character name: code

• ca2theone - Yttrium: 629
  • EzThePker - Ezz: 502

If you wish to be added please use the following format:

Character name:
Code: 
Region:

Thanks! If you would like to make a correction, either PM me or post on the topic. To those who have already been added: those who did not state the region they are in, I placed you under US. Please post if this is incorrect.

j0xPu5R.png

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive me if there's another topic on this, I did a search but couldn't find one about this specifically.

So, who's looking forward to Starcraft 2? I got a beta invite a little while ago and it looks good, but kinda feeling annoyed with not having a better computer, so I'm stuck using all the low settings. Does anyone else here have a beta invite? If so, how did you find it? For those who didn't, the beta isn't exactly all too great, it only has multiplayer and the lag isn't exactly non-existent, if you catch my drift.

I've been playing the beta for a week or so now, very fun game. Played SC1 and BW when they came out 10ish years ago. Loved the series ever since. Looking forward to SC2 cant wait until its actually retail; looks pretty good on ultra settings especially for an RTS. Signed up for the beta when the opt-in first started a few years ago. I'm usually playing SC2 when I'm not playing HoN and recently picked up RS again after several long brakes. So much has changed... Sooooo much.

Nadril has an invite. But as far as I know he doesn't play it that much. <_<

I'm mad I dont have one.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

What not nadril?!

Never really liked or "got" starcraft. I've never been a big RTS fan in general (Do love Dawn of War and AoE though) but Starcraft never appealed to me. The beta was no different.

I'm really looking forward to SC2 :thumbsup: Got into the beta and am playing it as Zerg right now. I just started today so I'm doing my 10 matchup games first, and I've noticed there are quite a lot of people who don't know what the hell they're doing. I suspect these are the players who got the beta invite by signing up for it when the WoW accounts were tied to battlenet accounts :mrgreen:

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

On one hand I see people playing the game and I envy them, on the other I am quite aware that if I got the beta key my education would go down the drain. So yeah, I'm waiting until it's refined and on store shelves before I get too into it.

hiccup.png

I'm really looking forward to the release of SC2 for macs. Most of my excitement comes from the fun and joy that the first game brought me growing up. It was so much fun, I how this new installment will live up to the first. I still can't believe that you never played the original SC Nadril.. I just can't.

tFtfA.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the release of SC2 for macs. Most of my excitement comes from the fun and joy that the first game brought me growing up. It was so much fun, I how this new installment will live up to the first. I still can't believe that you never played the original SC Nadril.. I just can't.

Why? I've never exactly shown myself as an RTS fan after all.

I'm no big RTS fan either but Starcraft is GODLY.

lampost_sig_stark.png

It really is just one of those games I would have expected everyone, around our age, to have played despite its genre.

tFtfA.jpg

I played Starcraft when I was younger, liked the campaign, but couldn't get online... And whenever I tried to fight the computer, they all ganged up on me and had like... 50 units when I finally got a barracks up. That was also another turn-off for me, everything went so slow. You couldn't upgrade units very quickly, building took a while... Just wasn't fun after I played games like AoE and AoM. Maybe if I had tried online I'd have another feel towards it... but meh.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I played Starcraft when I was younger, liked the campaign, but couldn't get online... And whenever I tried to fight the computer, they all ganged up on me and had like... 50 units when I finally got a barracks up. That was also another turn-off for me, everything went so slow. You couldn't upgrade units very quickly, building took a while... Just wasn't fun after I played games like AoE and AoM. Maybe if I had tried online I'd have another feel towards it... but meh.

StarCraft 2 is anything but slow :P

BTW, anyone know any good Zerg build against a standard marine + marauder rush that doesn't involve roaches? I tried some variations of baneling builds, but I'm not so great at micro'ing them (they seem quite intent at suiciding directly).

BTW, anyone know any good Zerg build against a standard marine + marauder rush that doesn't involve roaches? I tried some variations of baneling builds, but I'm not so great at micro'ing them (they seem quite intent at suiciding directly).

Infestors/Lings/BLings works well. If you can get to Brood Lords, Brood Lords/Lings works well, get hydras if it looks like they're going to have Vikings too.

Roaches are going to be your bread and butter mate.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Most fun thing in SC1 was being zerg and harassing people with hydralisks P:

And now, youre just booming and aging n stuff and suddenly you see a zealot enter your base but then SUDDENLY 100 DRAGOONS TELEPORT IN

epic lol

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Roaches are going to be your bread and butter mate.

Hydras do pretty well against MMM but oftenly it takes tad to long to get them out. What I recommend is going roaches w/ an evo chamber for +1 attack that should finish a little while after you get your hydra den up.

I don't have an betakey so I've been playing with an custom AI that cheats, although the pushes tend to come out at about the same time as in several VODS I've , a bit stronger though. Considering it's updated quite frequently after the builds that are actually going on in the beta I think it's quite accurate in the start but with some faults in mid-end game.

Build would be Pool > Queen > 2xGas > Roach> Lair > Evo > Hydra > Hatch @ Nat. I think those are the gas timings I've used and I do move my workers off gas when it's not needed. Might want try Pool > Queen > 2xGas > Lair > Evo > Hydra @ Nat aswell on maps with long rushdistances. Ofcourse you might have to switch it up after what you've seen in his base etc.

Btw, I think I deserve a key since I have Korean blood in me :<.

I always found it boring.

:mellow:

Me too. I applied but didn't get one.

DAMN D:

I'll wait for it to come out then snap it up and have a LAN with friends perhaps.

Me, You, Best of three @ release?

igsig.png

Okay, I figured I'd have to use roaches somewhere. But I just wanted to check my options, since I think roaches are a little bit bland right now :P Thanks for the tips :)

By the way, now everyone in the beta got a friend invite each to give out :) I'm sending one to my close friend so we can do 2v2's.