Starcraft 2

The Observer

By the way, now everyone in the beta got a friend invite each to give out :) I'm sending one to my close friend so we can do 2v2's.

Daaaaang. WAAAANNNTTTTT.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, sent mine to my Germ friend. Had to wait all day to give it to him, but he was so happy when I did.

[hide]

15:47 - epx^xeno: sc2

15:47 - epx^xeno: ?

15:49 - epx^xeno: come on <encouraging term>

15:50 - Lightcycle pilot: n

15:50 - Lightcycle pilot: D:

15:50 - epx^xeno: how about

15:50 - epx^xeno: I give you a beta key?

15:50 - epx^xeno: :D

15:50 - Lightcycle pilot: ye ok

15:50 - epx^xeno: whats your email?

15:50 - Lightcycle pilot: wat

15:50 - Lightcycle pilot: <his email>

15:50 - Lightcycle pilot: you got one?

15:50 - epx^xeno: actually

15:51 - epx^xeno: <KEY WAS HERE>

15:51 - epx^xeno: ye

15:51 - epx^xeno: invite a friend

15:51 - epx^xeno: :)

15:51 - Lightcycle pilot: :o

15:51 - Lightcycle pilot: :D

15:51 - epx^xeno: :D

15:52 - Lightcycle pilot: my right index finger hurts D:

15:52 - epx^xeno: what why

15:52 - Lightcycle pilot: omfg it [bleep]ing worked

15:52 - Lightcycle pilot: ty!!![/hide]

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Sure Julius. Have the strategy tactics changed much since starcraft?

Pretty broad question, since the majority of things are changed/new you can't really compare SC and SC2's tactics/strategies.

Does the zerg rush still exist? Also is it still possible to turn out 12+ carriers in around 20 minutes? (On a completely unrelated note is there a map called "Sherwood Forest" in there?

LNYvk.png

Does the zerg rush still exist? Also is it still possible to turn out 12+ carriers in around 20 minutes? (On a completely unrelated note is there a map called "Sherwood Forest" in there?

Well there is always 6 pool. Although on a less cheesy note a 10 pool w/ a queen after is very effective, vs. Terran you can usually down a supply depot (since zerglings spread so well now) just as his scvs gets there to repair it. You'll lose a few zerglings to his marines but you have an extra 8 later on thanks to the Queen. Haven't done it vs. protoss though, I can imagine that it's really easy to do bypass his Zealots since the collision mechanic is slightly odd (It's possible to bypass Zealots by just by moving your zerglings through them), Can image that they'll fix this later on. Really want to see a zergling all-in of some sort to see the effectiveness of it (Haven't seen it on a stream yet nor tried it myself).

Well it depends on whetever it's highlevel play or not. Can't really comment on that since most of the games are really fast paced with a lot of tier 1-2 units. Although I'm fairly sure it'll be plausible when players have learned how to "defend" properly like they've done in vanilla SC.

You think of the 8 (6 maybe?) player map in SC where it always is this huge BC/Carrier-fest? (Atleast for me whenever I was at a Lan-party) There are no 5-8 maps yet in SC2 it seems, probably because they want to balance things properly. Short answer is No, there is no such thing.

igsig.png

Played around 30 games with my ladder teammate in 2v2's, our usual build is marine/ling rush but in late game, at our level, we'll usually win due to better eco.

Current fad does seem like rushing, practically all protoss you play against build 3 warpgates and then mass zealots with some stalkers. Wall in > that tactic.

Don't know about the carriers, only played protoss twice.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Julius, how and where did you get the game w/o a code?

He wont be able to link to a torrent site. :wink:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Is this Age Of Empires but set in the future?

No it's like Starcraft. :lol:

If by Age of Empires you mean Real-time strategy games, then yes. It's like AoE but in the future. Though, the menchanics of it are much different from AoE 3. Closer to 2, but still different.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got into the BETA for this today from the opt-in! Huzzah!

Took me a couple of games to get back into it but I'm well back into the flow of RTS games, I used to play AoE and AoE2 back in the day when they were new and I was usually pretty good at them. This is just amazing though, however I wish I could zoom out more, being on a 1920x1200 monitor is good but I need the ability to be able to zoom out a bit more because even on this giant monitor, everything seems so big. I've been playing Protoss and I think I'm gonna play some more Protoss before I try and learn the other races, but I'll probably try Terann next since Zerg doesn't really appeal to me. I'm not a bug kind of guy...

So, any other EU players that want to add me? I'm Yttrium in game, or if you need that little tag it's Yttrium.faerwyth if I remember correctly. No idea why I went with that, so uhh.. don't ask. :P

Still got 2 2v2 practice games left to play so gonna play them, I'm sort of using the, build the second nexus fast, then make a decent number of pylons (YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS - I get the joke now from the forums ^^) and then I'll pretty much spam infantry and upgrade to level 1 ground units. It's quite an in-depth game and it looks really enjoyable, now all I need to do is when it comes out is get my friends in real life to play it too! :)

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I got access to the Beta yesterday :thumbup:.

Let me just say I'm ranked highest in the copper league by playing from 23:00 to 06:00 also known as my zombie mode. I honestly didn't think the players would be that bad, Although some Zergs are scarily good :x.

[hide= Aggressive Reaper opening I made ]My Goal: Fast 2 barracks Reaper w/ an optional 3 Marine push

Building placement: Both barracks sealing off the shokepoint completely or one barrack blocking the shokepoint w/ an supply depot.

Build order (food):

10/11 - Build SCVs until 10/11

10/11 - Place your barrack so you can fit another one in there and the add-on

10/11 - Place your second barrack so it seals your choke.

10/11 - Supply depot

10/11 - Refinery

11/11 - Start a marine from your first barrack (Scout with SCV*)

11/19 - Start making one marine out of each barrack

13/19 - Now you can optionally push out with your three marines**

13/19 - As the two marines pop out throw down the techlab add-on on both Barracks

13/19 - Second Refinery as the techlabs are building***

15/19 - Make two Reapers****

*This may cause a few second delay on your first set of reapers.

**Depending if you scout or not you can choose to just have them as defense at your shoke.

I've noticed that this can severely punish greedy T player by "sniping" one of their depots in their wall-off, It's also very hard as the opponent to save his marines since they'll auto-attack and instead of following the set rally point, 3 > 1.

Can also "snipe" a Protoss's (?) pylon if he opt for a late gateway/pylon, otherwise with micro you can bring down at least one of his zealots.

***having 2 workers on each refiner seems to be sufficient, this means that you'll slowly pile up additional minerals which can be spent on a additional Barrack to pump even more reapers in longer term (3 workers on each refinerY saturates this quite well) or go for an more economical route into the mid-game.

****If marines are alive at this point (rarely) you can sneak up from behind with your Reapers. After this point it's all up to your own decision making.[/hide]

igsig.png

Hey guys if you want nice SC2 games commentated by pretty good commentators then check out these 2 YouTube channels:

http://www.youtube.com/user/HuskyStarcraft

http://www.youtube.com/user/HDstarcraft

They're both really good commentators in my opinion. Been following them for years :P They're also both good friends, so they do dual commentaries sometimes. Just thought I'd give a heads up for people interested in video footage of the beta. It can also be quite entertaining and you can learn some new strategies.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Hey guys if you want nice SC2 games commentated by pretty good commentators then check out these 2 YouTube channels:

They're both really good commentators in my opinion. Been following them for years :P They're also both good friends, so they do dual commentaries sometimes. Just thought I'd give a heads up for people interested in video footage of the beta. It can also be quite entertaining and you can learn some new strategies.

Lulz, I have been following them too.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Hah, me too. It's so nerdy, I love it... HD is really good to watch, Husky is too annoying to watch unless he's co-commenting with HD.

Anyways, my friend is letting my use his starcraft account because he stinks at the game. Add Cotosatoti in game if you wanna play me :cool:

hiccup.png

Hah, me too. It's so nerdy, I love it... HD is really good to watch, Husky is too annoying to watch unless he's co-commenting with HD.

Anyways, my friend is letting my use his starcraft account because he stinks at the game. Add Cotosatoti in game if you wanna play me :cool:

I subscribed to these two like, 3 or 4 days ago!

BNet is being a [bleep] and just being like... Epic fail. So I can't play :(

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Well you get used to Husky after a little while. He used to be more like HD back when he started a year ago though. But I like this better :P he's very funny, while HD is more relaxed, a good mix.

BNet is being annoying to me too :( I can't log in and try out the new editor and stuff. But oh well, I got finals coming up, so I probably won't play SC2 for another 3-4 weeks anyways.

Well, yay SC2 is back up, but....

Zerg is OP. If you have 2 or less larva, your hatchery will spawn larva. But the larva spawn time is slightly less than the drone creation. Therefore, you can spam drones, then just before they finish, delete, you will get your larva back (Instead of dieing like they used to), so you can have 6 larva, and have 12 zerglings by the 1:30 mark. Just rush a base, and win instantly. No point in playing until this is hotfixed unless you can do this flawlessly since every zerg player will beat you within 3 minutes.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Well, yay SC2 is back up, but....

Zerg is OP. If you have 2 or less larva, your hatchery will spawn larva. But the larva spawn time is slightly less than the drone creation. Therefore, you can spam drones, then just before they finish, delete, you will get your larva back (Instead of dieing like they used to), so you can have 6 larva, and have 12 zerglings by the 1:30 mark. Just rush a base, and win instantly. No point in playing until this is hotfixed unless you can do this flawlessly since every zerg player will beat you within 3 minutes.

Good thing they just fixed it :D I like it that they are fast in fixing gamebreaking issues like that.