Starcraft 2

The Observer

Old battle.net was better. :( My name is ElkNight and character code 116. FYI. Everyone add meeee.

NEEDS TO BE ON NEW PAGE!

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only done two practice matches and both times I got slaughtered. Since then all I've been playing are 2v2 matches with my brother against the computer. I'm starting to develop a bit of a system now so maybe this weekend I'll trying a couple more practice matches and see how I do again.

tFtfA.jpg

Doing challenges in the singleplayer section is a pretty good way to practice.

I just got done with the campaign by the way, was great :D

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

It doesn't seem like your armory upgrades, research upgrades, and mercenary contracts apply to previous missions. You can redo missions, but not with any buffs you get for later missions. For example, once you get stimpacks for your marines and you redo one of the first missions, your marines won't have stimpacks. Also, the single player challenges do look like good practice, gonna try them soon.

I've done quite a bit of campaign, about a dozen games against hard computers and so I decide to go to Battle.net.

First 1v1 game ever, I win. WOOOHOOOO

Second 1v1 game, I get zergling + drone rushed... Ugh.

Third game, JUUST about to win and some stupid error message tells me I need to surrender. WTF.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. :evil: :evil: :angry:

Is it free to play online like the original is? And are there very many UMS (use map settings) maps out there? Those are the only games I ever played-- campaign and non-UMS B.Net matches always bored the hell out of me.

AFAIK, UMS maps aren't numerous, most are remakes of BW ums. But I have no doubt in my mind that people will make crazy good ums for SC2 as they did for WC3, and yes B.net is free. However there aren't any chatrooms, though Blizzard has said they were working on implementing them.

hiccup.png

I need some friends on the EU side of things! I'm a silver/gold player so not great, but keep getting dropped which doesn't help. :|

Name: Yttrium

Code: 629

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Just a reminder for everyone, if you have a storyline spoiler from the single player campaign place it in hide tags. I know for sure I don't want to know until I get it, thanks. :smile:

j0xPu5R.png

Killer, do you think it would be a good idea to add a list of those who play on EU and US of their names and character codes on the first post. There aren't THAT many players so it shouldn't be that much upkeep.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Killer, do you think it would be a good idea to add a list of those who play on EU and US of their names and character codes on the first post. There aren't THAT many players so it shouldn't be that much upkeep.

Good idea. :thumbup:

j0xPu5R.png

I really want to start playing competitively online but I'm terrified... is there any advice you can give before I go out there and start playing some games?

Got quite a bit through the campaign, hopefully should be done with it soon then it's on to online :D

I didn't get it yet (so correct me if I'm wrong), but there are some practice matches I'm sure before you go into a ladder. So just practice using that and look at other people's strategies. You don't get that good until you practice. You can also do custom games with regular maps to try it out. Single player campaign doesn't hurt either...

Updated the first post. If you're EU or US please state it, thanks.

j0xPu5R.png

Just got it finally, gonna take a long time to install the patch seeing as my internet is having a BIG problem atm. Hopefully it manages to download today lmao.

I know man, I had the beta and I forgot it for like a month so the patches added up to almost 2GB. :thumbdown:

j0xPu5R.png

Is it free to play online like the original is? And are there very many UMS (use map settings) maps out there? Those are the only games I ever played-- campaign and non-UMS B.Net matches always bored the hell out of me.

It's free to play online so far, although Blizzard has hinted at a program to distribute especially good UMS maps at a small fee (with part of the fee going to the creator of the map). You probably won't have to worry about this, however, as it's the maps with custom models, sound effects and icons that will actually qualify. Some of the stuff you played in StarCraft: Brood War is already available. I didn't play many UMS maps but I know there are already numerous Tower Defense games. Nexus Wars, Golems, Mount Impossible, Phantom, and Evolves are all back too.

The problem isn't whether the maps are out there. The problem is the poor interface on Battle.net 2.0 makes finding new maps a hassle. htttp://www.sc2mapster.com is dedicated to creating maps on SCII and I've seen several promising maps that have been reportedly uploaded to Battle.net 2.0 but for the life of me I can't find them. :(

Oh, if you played DotA from Warcraft III, Heroes of Newerth, or League of Legends, there are already several maps similar to these being made, although they're all still being polished.

Dont you need the email address to add a friend?

Im sooooo rusty. I just played the computer on easy. It was tooooo easy.

Even though I felt like I had no idea what I was doing. TOO MANY NEW UNITS!

Is there no like chat rooms in SC2? Because I cant find them.

I'm ElkNight btw.

You don't need an e-mail address to add a real friend. You have two options - adding a player's real ID, or their character ID.

Also, there aren't any chat channels, but there are private chat rooms. If you create a party with your friends, a chat room automatically opens for you. You can also chat with said friends. Other than that, you can chat during games but that's about it.

Name: Ezz

Code: 502

Region: EU

Add me whoever likes, and add me to the first page if you're making a list :)

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.