Starcraft 2

The Observer

I'm in bronze for pretty much everything though I'm probaly a gold league player. Its because all I do is play team games with friends and as I have alot of friends with the game we have so many different combinations its crazy, so we don't really get much of a chance to get ranked. I've played like 45 4v4 now and I still havn't even qualified yet :P

I have been placed in 1v1 in silver but I don't really like 1v1 that much so I probaly won't play much more then the 8 games I've currently played.

And yes, Protoss ftw! :D

Doomy edit: I like sheep

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the build I'm using against terran now really seems to be working, its the standard 9pylon/12gate opener. Basically I throw down a gas after my gateway is done, then my cyber(Warpgate comes soon after), then another gateway to produce stalkers and maybe a sentry if he tries busting up my ramp, then I forge expand to my natural and back it up with cannons and work on ground weapons 1. As nexus is going up I throw down my 2nd gas, and another 2 gateways. (omg 4gate what a noob), Grab my 2 gas when exapnsion comes up. Then throw down twilight council, research charge, then templar tech, psystorm, and the amulet (Whilst building additional gateways, usually have about 8) then I just do small pushes with zealots and high templar, recycling with archons, getting stalkers if needed.

This has worked so much in the lower leagues due to most silver players being a bit gunshy and massing up their bioball, to which i say, thanks for the free win. Only thing that sets me back is early pushes or all in strats, I'm not really sure what to do against these. If I suspect an early push sometimes I put my army on hold and grab a couple of void rays to smash through their mineral line. Forcing them to either baserace or retreat. (I've lost count how many times quick switching to void rays midgame has won me the game, sometimes only using 2 void rays to melt away their economy ^^.

Early zerg pushes are so damn easy to hold off, but terran early pushes just wreck me.

Basically my question is, does anyone have any tips to be able to play a macro game, whilst still being able to hold off against early MM pushes? Even if I scout it, theres not much i can do about it =/

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Why is it that no one uses archons except for when their ht are out of energies or their dt are detected?

With their extra damage to biological it seems logical that they'd be at least decent against MM bioballs.

fizzzard.png

66,275th to 99 Cooking 73,802nd to 99 Fletching 8,839th to 99 Smithing 71,320th to 99 Magic

alivepeople.png

Why is it that no one uses archons except for when their ht are out of energies or their dt are detected?

With their extra damage to biological it seems logical that they'd be at least decent against MM bioballs.

High templar with Storms > Archons. No doubt, the dps output is pretty damn amazing (One storm to kill marines if you get a good storm off). Then of course when you have no energy left over you can get archons for the extra DPS and small splash againts bio ^^

I havent really used DT's so I can't comment there ^^

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

High templar with Storms > Archons. No doubt, the dps output is pretty damn amazing (One storm to kill marines if you get a good storm off). Then of course when you have no energy left over you can get archons for the extra DPS and small splash againts bio ^^

I would take 2 High Templar or 2 Dark Templar over a single Archon anyday.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

I would take 2 High Templar or 2 Dark Templar over a single Archon anyday.

1 Archon > 2 Dark Templars in many situations. For example, against Terran, where he's carefully positioning Missile Turrets at every expansion and around his main, and he has Ravens mixed in his force (which any good Terran player should do, as Ravens provide incredible support against Stalkers). At this point, your Dark Templars will never actually get to do any damage to anything, and don't have enough hitpoints to really draw fire. 2 High Templars are usually better than an Archon though, as between Feed back and Psionic storm you can deal with most units in the game effectively.

Any other terran players in here? What are some decent strategies? I've used MMM for 1v1, which has fared well so far. Usually I play FFA, where I don't follow a specific playstyle but adjust to the situation. Generally I try hunkering down with bunkers and siege tanks, then push out with siege tanks, vikings, and marines.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Any other terran players in here? What are some decent strategies? I've used MMM for 1v1, which has fared well so far. Usually I play FFA, where I don't follow a specific playstyle but adjust to the situation. Generally I try hunkering down with bunkers and siege tanks, then push out with siege tanks, vikings, and marines.

/slap

Reroll! Apologize for playing your race you terrabad terran! [/idrA]

Anyways, I suggest not just sticking to the MMM as it may get you a load of wins, but then you come across a protoss ball with high templars... then you're screwed. Try and mix it up a bit and not just go for the same units every game. I've been experimenting quite a lot with some fast expand builds as protoss, early robo facilities, etc. Just keep trying things, however wacky it might seem, you may come across something thats even more powerful than MMM (Not likely, that [cabbage] is tough to break).

Also watch Day9 Daily... That guy is a god.

http://day9tv.blip.tv/

The episodes may seem really long but they are full of information to help you build your skills at starcraft 2. Also, whenever you lose, check your replay, see where you went wrong, and what you did right.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

Playing practise matches (the 50 ones you get for warmups) instead of playing with friends, which is less fun... Are these even real people? They seem to type generic words, and don't even seem to talk until their asses are kicked ("gg", [Player name] has left the game)...

I wish I had played some practice league before I went into the ranking matches though, damn 7 hour trial made me skip them :P

I'm starting to play as random now, it's a lot more fun IMO, even though I wasn't really that sure how to play Terran/Zerg at the start I'm getting better.

Also made it into platinum league 4v4 which is nice :D

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the FruitDealer vs. intotheRainbow games, FruitDealer plays like a true Zerg! :thumbsup: Even Julyzerg was in the audience watching, they showed him for a few secs haha.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Watched the FruitDealer vs. intotheRainbow games, FruitDealer plays like a true Zerg! :thumbsup: Even Julyzerg was in the audience watching, they showed him for a few secs haha.

Apparently FruitDealer had to quit pro starcraft brood war back in the day so he could sell fruit and support his family. Then, when he heard SC2 came out he entered the GSL and only told his parents about it once he got to the semi-finals. Now he just won 87,000 USD ... what a baller (and a half).

hiccup.png

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently FruitDealer had to quit pro starcraft brood war back in the day so he could sell fruit and support his family. Then, when he heard SC2 came out he entered the GSL and only told his parents about it once he got to the semi-finals. Now he just won 87,000 USD ... what a baller (and a half).

Truly inspiring :)

What do people here (if there are any left) think of the latest patch? I don't play Terran, but I think the supply depot before barracks thing is pretty weird. And I think the building HP buffs for Zerg were great and needed, but I don't know about the roach range buff. Roaches are going to be even more effective on ramps than they already were, and they pretty much counter reapers even harder, so the reaper nerf wasn't really needed because of this IMO.

Character name: PCTahvo

Code: 617

Region: US

Please add me! im always up for team play! :)

I'm in the bronze league but that's just cause i just switched to protoss, and it's not exactly easy to move up in the ladder :P.

Edit: Have changed my char name with the recent free name change. just to PCTahvo, me and my friends have formed a sort of team and it looks intimidating going up against that, I would say.

Starcraft 2 - PCTahvo.617. Message me if you want to play, always up to play with fellow Tifers.

I always remember how much fun I had playing the original Starcraft.

But then I open up SC2 and then realize how bad I am at micro.

I wish one of my friends played so I could play against someone equally as bad.

I want to start playing Terran I think. If I can just get into it again.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I'll find out my details some time now that SEA can play on the NA server (well we've been able to for quite a while now...). I havn't played any league games on there though I only go on the NA server for the pages and pages of active custom games. On the SEA server we have like 5 active custom games at a time :P

Also I'm [developmentally delayed]ed at 1v1 so I don't play it much, I'm usually going to win and do something [developmentally delayed]ed such as killing my own unit such as observer and colossus. I fail is how I do it, I try to attack move and misclick >.< terrible.

Anyone want to funday monday? Message me in game! I lurvs me some Funday monday!

I would it if I wasn't terribad.

Day9 is [bleep]ing awesome.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Anyone want to funday monday? Message me in game! I lurvs me some Funday monday!

I would it if I wasn't terribad.

Day9 is [bleep]ing awesome.

I don't mind if you're horrible, I'm not great either. Wanna play?

Starcraft 2 - PCTahvo.617. Message me if you want to play, always up to play with fellow Tifers.

Like I mean terrible as in hardly played a few games. Like TERRABAD.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I will do the new Funday Monday if some other people want to do it with me.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Anyone here a Diamond/Platinum Zerg who is willing to help me and teach me the ways of the Zerg on the EU server? :)