Starcraft 2

The Observer

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on a like 6 game win streak. probably cause my record was like 35-50, and they try to keep you at a 50/50 w/l ratio so they paired me against easy opponents, but who cares, I feel good. One game he had tons of roaches but I microed some stalkers like a boss and took him out.

Edit: Hey, ElkNight, You messaged me but i was in the middle of a 2v2. (We won btw). Yeah, that's me.

Starcraft 2 - PCTahvo.617. Message me if you want to play, always up to play with fellow Tifers.

Anyone here a Diamond/Platinum Zerg who is willing to help me and teach me the ways of the Zerg on the EU server? :)

Watch this guys videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PsyStarcraft

Great analysis of his own games and his thought process.

Thanks! Funny I just found his channel a few days ago :lol: His videos help a lot.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

So two of my friends, one platinum league, one diamond, entered a 2v2 tournament. There first opponents are a Terran and a Protoss player, specifically Select and Huk, numbers 1 and 2 respectively in North America.

So yeah, they won't be getting far in that tournament.

fizzzard.png

66,275th to 99 Cooking 73,802nd to 99 Fletching 8,839th to 99 Smithing 71,320th to 99 Magic

alivepeople.png

So two of my friends, one platinum league, one diamond, entered a 2v2 tournament. There first opponents are a Terran and a Protoss player, specifically Select and Huk, numbers 1 and 2 respectively in North America.

Hahah ouch :razz: Which tournament is this?

For those of you who watch Giant Bomb's TNT look at the first match of this weeks, I played (and got my assed kicked) but had a shoutout for Tip.It at the end ;) Will post a link when the archived version is up.

http://www.justin.tv/giantbomb/b/272734939 Starts 10 minutes in

out of interest, what league are you in?

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

I think your friends have swindled you.

My rating is about 1400 now (diamond) and still sticking to Random :) My rating could probably be higher I just don't play enough during school

hiccup.png

For those of you who watch Giant Bomb's TNT look at the first match of this weeks, I played (and got my assed kicked) but had a shoutout for Tip.It at the end ;) Will post a link when the archived version is up.

Only gold. Playing knowing 1.5k people are watching it live turns out isn't the best situation to be in, nerves really got to me and that's probably the worst I've ever played. I somehow had 200 minerals somewhere so I just threw down the 2nd gateway lol.

Only gold. Playing knowing 1.5k people are watching it live turns out isn't the best situation to be in, nerves really got to me and that's probably the worst I've ever played. I somehow had 200 minerals somewhere so I just threw down the 2nd gateway lol.

Don't worry, even SlayerS_BoxeR gets the shakes during his tournaments :razz:

I just started the video but i already see that the way they placed the guy playing is covering up half the minimap >.>

Edit: They moved him. But some of them don't seem to know what they're talking about lol. Oh well, You played better than i would've!

Starcraft 2 - PCTahvo.617. Message me if you want to play, always up to play with fellow Tifers.

Marauders, Grr. I could've taken them but i had bad positioning and marauders are so damn great with their concussion shells :(.

MLG Dallas, the most amazing game I have evee seen was TLO vs TorcH game one. So crazy.

:P nice

I need to get into silver league but I cbf playing 1v1, when I get promoted it'll probaly be to gold league because I face gold/platinum players most often..

Also wow just playd awfully with friends in some 4v4, lost a 4v3 game ... everytime I pushed out they sent masses of speedlings into my base and killed all of my drones..... so frustrating. I don't normally play zerg though so meh..

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I finally started playing the campaign and did all the missions up for supernova, and damn that mission is hard. I walk into the base with like 3 thors, buncha goliaths, probably 10 banshees, couple of science vessels and just get TROUNCED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzMhh8zhTiY, because SC2 is more awesome than Justin Bieber :P

I should probably play this game more...

As for Supernova, cleared it without too much effort using ye olde marine-marauder-medic squads. I only played on medium difficulty, though.

Yeah I saw that video too, actually I was listening to it while browsing Tif lol. As much as people say husky is a horrible caster I love him.

Who says he's horrible... He does actually have good knowledge of the game and he's funny as well.

If you watch the 1v1s of himself that he did a while back you can tell he would be a high rank diamond player...

Also... BANELINGS BANELINGS BANELING ooh

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Who says he's horrible... He does actually have good knowledge of the game and he's funny as well.

If you watch the 1v1s of himself that he did a while back you can tell he would be a high rank diamond player...

No, he doesn't. His commentary can be fun to watch, but if you're expecting to learn for it, you're barking up the wrong tree. He makes plenty of mistakes during his casts when talking about the strengths/weaknesses of various plays, and also makes some rather poor recommendations.

Also, it doesn't take much to be a high rank Diamond player. I made it to top 10 Diamond during the beta with little to no trouble. I placed into Platinum since release and could easily move up if I wanted to, but haven't really played much. Despite the rank, I'm a pretty crappy player. Diamond doesn't mean you're a good player, it means you can hold off cheese builds and common timed push/rush builds, and you can maintain high production and a strong economy. There are enough players that can't do the above that anyone who can is basically automatically pushed to Diamond. Even in Diamond, a lot of players pave their way with 7 Roach Rushes or 4 Gate / 3 Rax builds. Simply being able to hold these off is usually enough for you to advance.

Husky isn't a bad player, but he's not notably better than typical high diamonds. Even his casting partner back in the beta, HDStarcraft (I heard they had a falling out recently?), played significantly better, although Husky was certainly more interesting to watch.

No, he doesn't. His commentary can be fun to watch, but if you're expecting to learn for it, you're barking up the wrong tree. He makes plenty of mistakes during his casts when talking about the strengths/weaknesses of various plays, and also makes some rather poor recommendations.

Also, it doesn't take much to be a high rank Diamond player. I made it to top 10 Diamond during the beta with little to no trouble. I placed into Platinum since release and could easily move up if I wanted to, but haven't really played much. Despite the rank, I'm a pretty crappy player. Diamond doesn't mean you're a good player, it means you can hold off cheese builds and common timed push/rush builds, and you can maintain high production and a strong economy. There are enough players that can't do the above that anyone who can is basically automatically pushed to Diamond. Even in Diamond, a lot of players pave their way with 7 Roach Rushes or 4 Gate / 3 Rax builds. Simply being able to hold these off is usually enough for you to advance.

Husky isn't a bad player, but he's not notably better than typical high diamonds. Even his casting partner back in the beta, HDStarcraft (I heard they had a falling out recently?), played significantly better, although Husky was certainly more interesting to watch.

I actually agree, even though I like Husky a lot. After watching Day9, Psystarcraft and Tasteless+Artosis on GOMtv (I got a season ticket there for GSL2 and GSL3 :)!), Husky is very inferior in general game knowledge and being able to cast professionally. But Husky is still very fun to watch because he's funny (in a different way from Day9).