Starcraft 2

The Observer

Haha did anyone here see GSL's April Fools? If not, I suggest you check out July vs. Mvp on gomtv.net :mrgreen:

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, I never imagined myself as a SC2 player - I thought MMO was going to be it for me. But no longer! The bots can play RS while I play SC2 :D

I'm really glad I have (re)discovered SC2 and its vibrant e-sports and casting community. It is literally quite awesome.

I'm sorry that I can't go and read 17 past pages - but who here is a fan of Husky/day9/psy/other awesome casters?

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

You don't get much better then Tastosis at the GSL :P

I havn't been playing much lately. I'm being matches up against so many zergs and it's super frustrating as I just can't beat them as toss. And for some reason whenever I try put forcefields down my army starts move commanding and I honestly can't figure out how considering forcefields are left click :/ If this didn't happen I would be diamond easy.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Day9 + DJWheat is an awesome combo too, shame Wheat won't be at MLG next week meaning Day9 is casting with Husky I think it is :(. But at least Tastosis will be there to make it good.

DJWheat is awesome in general actually, you should definitely watch his shows on OneMoreGame.Tv Kings of Tin is especially awesome

I havn't been playing much lately. I'm being matches up against so many zergs and it's super frustrating as I just can't beat them as toss. And for some reason whenever I try put forcefields down my army starts move commanding and I honestly can't figure out how considering forcefields are left click :/ If this didn't happen I would be diamond easy.

Not sure why your army would move command when you try and force field :/.

Aside from that FF issue whats your problem with zerg? Its a tough match up but most of them can't even control their infestors properly, even in top diamond.

(Top 8 diamond protoss here, been playing for 3 months lol).

Aside from that FF issue whats your problem with zerg? Its a tough match up but most of them can't even control their infestors properly, even in top diamond.

I don't know how to pressure a zerg properly, I try send out a few zealots every now and again but if I move my whole army to try and take out a base or something theres a massive counter attack every freaking time and my army just moves soo slowly.

I lose to roach/hydra/corruptor a lot more then roach/infestor but that's mostly the FF problem.

My match history is pretty weird, I beat zerg about 25% of the time, toss about 50% and terran about 75%.

And caster wise DJWheat is awesome, he used to cast Quake Live which was mint :P.

Forge FE into stargate pressure into build a deathball.

PvZ is still my worst match up though. Pretty much if they get to brood lords = I lose. If they don't build them = I win.

Forge FE into stargate pressure into build a deathball.

PvZ is still my worst match up though. Pretty much if they get to brood lords = I lose. If they don't build them = I win.

Don't forget well-played Brofestors (or Infestors, whichever suits your fancy.) I've made it a habit to calling almost everything some variant of bro. (Brotoss, brofestors, broverlords, etc.)

My worst matchup is other terrans so far. Other annoying tactics include 6pools (Usually if I repel it fine, I win), colossi rushes (hate these, have to fast track to reactored starports to counter this.), and muta harass. They're pretty much the sole reason I might start getting missile towers against Z if I even suspect them to use mutas.

Also, thor rushes are hilarious if they work.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Its a tough match up but most of them can't even control their infestors properly, even in top diamond.

I even get the "what are those infestors doing there?!" vibes while watching pros play. I'm guessing poor control on Templar and Ghosts is just as common, but it's just that poorly controlled Infestors stand out a lot more as they're friggin' huge.

As for Day9, I love his show but I can't say I really like his casting. He just screams too darn much. I agree on Tastosis being about as good as it gets. Glad to see that they're back for the next MLG tournament. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch it T.T

I don't know how to pressure a zerg properly, I try send out a few zealots every now and again but if I move my whole army to try and take out a base or something theres a massive counter attack every freaking time and my army just moves soo slowly.

I lose to roach/hydra/corruptor a lot more then roach/infestor but that's mostly the FF problem.

My match history is pretty weird, I beat zerg about 25% of the time, toss about 50% and terran about 75%.

And caster wise DJWheat is awesome, he used to cast Quake Live which was mint :P.

I seem to have the same problems as you against zerg. Whenever I move out they always do some form of a run-by and it becomes a base race that I lose 90% of the time. But I have found that if you play defensive and only harass expos, you can take out his army when he moves out, then do a counter attack. But if the game goes to the late game I basically never win. But that might be because my ff micro is horrible, but I think that problem comes from the fact that I have to play on a macbook and use the trackpad...

My match history is okay, I beat zerg about 30% of the time, 75% with toss, and about 50% with terran.

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

Took me all summer to get promoted back into Masters after being dropped from lack of play during my winter semester. It's not that hard of a goal but I play random (that's 9 matchups to learn), and I don't think I've won a single pvp hahah.

But yeah, go me.

hiccup.png

... People in diamond are [developmentally delayed]ed.

I 3 gate expanded and managed to hold off an win against a terran who did a 1/1/1 all-in. (scouted it and threw down a stargate, pumped out voids) He than proceeds to cry about how PROTOSS is imbalanced... all while doing the most imbalanced build in the entire game. I'm so confused. So many of these people seem to have gotten this far purely by using all-in builds :S.

... People in diamond are [developmentally delayed]ed.

I 3 gate expanded and managed to hold off an win against a terran who did a 1/1/1 all-in. (scouted it and threw down a stargate, pumped out voids) He than proceeds to cry about how PROTOSS is imbalanced... all while doing the most imbalanced build in the entire game. I'm so confused. So many of these people seem to have gotten this far purely by using all-in builds :S.

I'm currently platinum 1v1 and the amount of cheese is ridiculous. It's gotten to the point where I'm throwing down a bunker and grabbing some early marines if I even suspect an inkling of an all-in tactic.

In other news, 4v4 is ridiculous. It's almost impossible to figure a tactic that'll work well enough, and conventional tactics won't work (IE Rolling a small group of hellions into a base before they can wall in. There's also one match where within 3 minutes they had a rax and a bunker sitting about one screen away from my command, and I had no idea how to even go about handling it.

Speaking of which, what's 1/1/1? 1 rax 1 fact 1 starport or?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Heh you haven't seen cheese until you've seen all of the tryhards trying to get to masters with it.

In other words I'm probably switching race to Terran or Zerg (haven't decided yet). It's been a longtime coming and I just don't even feel like I am enjoying my protoss games anymore. Even the games I win I feel go on for way too long.

And 4v4 is just sit in a corner and mass T3 units for 20 minutes. I think. I've never played 3v3 or 4v4.

Speaking of which, what's 1/1/1? 1 rax 1 fact 1 starport or?

That's right. Typically it can mean a lot of things. The build I am talking about is an all in that uses all of those production buildings. They get marine/tank/banshee/raven off of 1 base and hit a really nasty timing with it. What goes down is that if you've expanded at all (and it isn't a 1 gate expand)... you lose. If you Don't have the perfect unit mixture... you lose. If you don't have either a robo with immortals or a starport for void/phoenix... you lose. And if you don't have absolutely perfect gosu control... you lose.

The sad thing is I'm not even exaggerating it. Hell if you are on 1 base the Terran will just contain you and win. The only way to really win is a 1 gate expand which opens you up to 3 rax all-in.

I play random on my SEA account lol, I'm so awful with Terran it's depressing.

Playing protoss on my NA account, finally back on good internet and sitting on 160 bonus pool.

Havn't been 1-1-1'd yet, might be because I only am facing high plat to mid diamond players though.

Yeah I didn't start seeing 111 a bunch until like high diamond. Than it's just Terran's abusing the [bleep] out of it lol.

I'm starting to play a new, aggressive style of protoss against zerg. So far it's a lot of fun and now that I have it down a bit I've won 2 matches with it. Pretty much I start off with like a 5-6 zealot +1 weapon attack off of a forge FE. I've been able to actually kill the zerg's fast third pretty easily because they absolutely do not expect it. 5 +1 zealots can do work to a hatch and if they try and send in lings the zealots really tear them apart.

After that you transition into warp prism play with either zealot drops or storm drops. I've done both and they are pretty effective. I still don't have the best drops (esp last game where he had mutas out) but it's a super awesome playstyle for keeping the zerg on his toes.

I've also started to do a void ray transition if I see the zerg going for mass brood. It's worked out well (although I ended up losing the game I did it in due to some really stupid reason, unrelated to the tech switch)

So, couldn't sleep so I decided to play 1v1 all night.

Playing seriously on my SEA account (i.e not playing random). Went 13-3 overnight and I guess boosted the low MMR I started with to about a mid plat level (plat is harder on SEA server then NA I feel).

I'm still in gold but that should change soon, my friends and I are in a race for diamond so yeah, I'm at a disadvantage even though I'm better then they are (they're already in plat).

Played 8 PvZ matches, won them all. I just started fast expanding and wow it's amazing. FE into 5 gate blink stalker or into a heavy robo build. I have some pretty nice blink micro so that went well for me :P

Oh also had an awesome moment when I trapped a terran's units in with awesomeFF's, he loaded up the units into 3 medivacs to move them onto high ground and I feedbacked them all which killed them. Was pretty proud of that lol.

Meet the Protoss's "1/1/1" style of build

It's a gateway immortal push that has a lot of the qualities of the 111 build. It's really really difficult to counter (much like the 111) and is fairly easy to pull off.

You pretty much get 5 immortals, a ton of sentries and zealots and then push. it can hold off a 1/1/1, pretty much any all-in the terran can throw at you and will straight up kill any kind of fast expand unless the Terran reacts corectly. People are guessing that the correct response is a marine/ghost counter but that is very rare to see in its self.

I've been doing it on the ladder now after a bunch of losses against 1 base terran scum and damn it feels good. It also demolishes bunkers and buildings... and will only get better next patch.

Switched to Zerg from Protoss recently (might have already mentioned it).

I hate ZvT. Just played two ladder games. The first one he went quick hellions which I completely blocked and then continued to drone up. Quickly went to 4 bases against his two and manage to slow down his 3rd and killed a lot of workers with banelings.

Being unable to get in his base though due to tanks and a lot of turrets means any sort of harrasment was doomed to failure so I sit back, get more bases, macro up. Then he pushes out with about 10+ thors, kills my muta ball instantly and his tanks make short work of my remaining ground army. Was unable to produce fast enough as by this point he was camped in the middle of three of my bases thus making gathering units impossible. So I'm screwed and nothing I can do while he continues to build more thors and kill me. Honestly have no idea what to do against mass thor as zerg, wouldn't have had enough gas for mass ultras by that point plus they'd have taken too long to come out (Was actually teching to broods at this time too, but couldn't get enough out to help.

Second game the terran put on pretty much constant attacks throughout, managed to hold off his initial push and had to do pretty much nothing but make zerglings/banes for the first 15 minutes of the game to hold off his constant aggression with little time to drone up. Managed to sneak a gold though which is probably what won me the game, if I'd stayed 2 base vs his 1 base I'd have lost. Then it took about another 15 minutes to kill off the terran, at which point I had expanded all over the map pretty much but went on far much longer than it should have. Any attempt to attack his natural ended up losing again due to tanks on the high ground + turrets stopping any sort of air. Just managed to overwhelm him in the end as I stopped one of his pushes and counter attacked but a 200/200 zerg army was down to 80/200 after stopping his 140/200 army, ridiculous.

Although I'm not using infesters, so I guess I'm doing something wrong :P.

Oh well, just got to keep practising. Enjoying zerg much more than protoss and just have to keep figuring out what to do.