Starcraft 2

The Observer

Day9 is the [cabbage].

I don't even play SC2 that much, but I love watching his casts.

I'm even waiting for the dreamhack finals to be uploaded.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume the installation is just like WoW in that you can copy it across to another computer without having to reinstall it. Can't confirm this though. But just putting it on an External drive then copying it across to your new PC should work.

Yeah, those two games were awesome. Shame the same couldn't be said for the other 3 in the series.

Dreamhack was pretty awesome overall I must say.

ActionJesuz 6 pool was great, and there were so many intense quick games.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

No fantastic GSL games today which is fairly disappointing, hopefully tomorrow is better though.

I thought July's games were pretty good.

As for Actionjesuz...

xmmI4.jpg

I looked on his liquidpedia profile as soon as DJWheat mentioned it on his sunday show (Weapons of choice i think it is? with chill?) and I pissed myself laughing.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Just started playing SC2, had it since September, but I was too hooked on LoL to play it. :P

Finding that there's way too much cheesing going on in it, drone rushes, etc. I'm usually a dab-hand on RTS games, but I had to adapt to play this. Started off in Bronze, within 5 games was in Silver, now I'm Gold league, ranked 6th. Should be up another league by the end of the week. Love the game, overall though. Any RTS where 30 minutes in is classed as "end game" wins my vote.

Currently playng Protoss with a 4gate build, expanding every 7-8 minutes. It's a very economical build so early game it's not so good, but after you've whacked your fourth gate and started expanding, there's no stopping you. Spamming Stalkers in ftw. :D I've found that a well turtled Terran base is probably the hardest thing to beat with Protoss as the ranged units are very weak against heavy artilliery such as their tanks. So as long as they have tanks behind their walls, I'm gonna' need alot of Zealots to get in. Any suggestions?

My APM is up in the 80s/90s now, too which isn't bad I guess. Hotkeys are essential in this, way too fast paced for mouse clicks.

New sig to come!

Just started playing SC2, had it since September, but I was too hooked on LoL to play it. :P

Finding that there's way too much cheesing going on in it, drone rushes, etc. I'm usually a dab-hand on RTS games, but I had to adapt to play this. Started off in Bronze, within 5 games was in Silver, now I'm Gold league, ranked 6th. Should be up another league by the end of the week. Love the game, overall though. Any RTS where 30 minutes in is classed as "end game" wins my vote.

Currently playng Protoss with a 4gate build, expanding every 7-8 minutes. It's a very economical build so early game it's not so good, but after you've whacked your fourth gate and started expanding, there's no stopping you. Spamming Stalkers in ftw. :D I've found that a well turtled Terran base is probably the hardest thing to beat with Protoss as the ranged units are very weak against heavy artilliery such as their tanks. So as long as they have tanks behind their walls, I'm gonna' need alot of Zealots to get in. Any suggestions?

My APM is up in the 80s/90s now, too which isn't bad I guess. Hotkeys are essential in this, way too fast paced for mouse clicks.

Against a turtling Terran you'll just want to macro, take a third base, and perhaps a fourth. Don't take him for granted though of course, he may move out, make sure to know when he does. You'll want to mix more Zealots with the speed upgrade and Immortals into your army if you're going up against a lot of tanks. But I'm not that great in knowledge of Protoss so don't take my word on all this.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I'm not too keen on relying on a single strategy. At some point, every player you encounter will be skilled enough to recognize and defend against a 4-gate push, it might just seem that at that point you'll be hitting a brick wall. The four-gate won't be as efficient as you'd like it to be, and when doing other strategies you don't play as well because you aren't really used to them yet.

Against turtles, be sure to keep scouting. Otherwise you might be caught pants down when he's going to push out or when he's suddenly trying to shove a million billion banshees down your throat.

I dont know why but I haven't played in a couple weeks, I pretty much stopped as soon as i got promoted to gold... I really want to switch to zerg but everyone in customs are diamonds and playing a totally new race at gold level on ladder will be next to impossible :(

If you don't belong in Gold with the new race, you'll drop down soon enough. At that point, you'll play comfortably against players of your skill, allowing you to get better at the new race without being steamrolled so hard that you didn't really learn anything at all. Sure, it might suck that you could end up dropping below gold, but hey, if you don't play at all you're not going to enjoy the game either :P

I'm not too keen on relying on a single strategy. At some point, every player you encounter will be skilled enough to recognize and defend against a 4-gate push, it might just seem that at that point you'll be hitting a brick wall. The four-gate won't be as efficient as you'd like it to be, and when doing other strategies you don't play as well because you aren't really used to them yet.

Against turtles, be sure to keep scouting. Otherwise you might be caught pants down when he's going to push out or when he's suddenly trying to shove a million billion banshees down your throat.

Yeah, I don't rely on the 4gate. If it doesn't work early game, then I have a well-built econimical stature so going air, or putting a base on another island is possibly my next option.

New sig to come!

4gate is amazing. Early scout to see if they do a fast rush (2gate zealot, 6 pool, 2/3rax), if not, set up a cyber and a proxy pylon. Scout again, see if they are doing an expansion, if they are, 4gate ASAP. Get a 40 army fast and send in, if you have spare minerals, send them towards an expansion and get up probes, keep making an army and pressuring, 10 at a time, just pile on the pressure, whilst holding strong.

I like 4-gate. :)

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Gogogoog Jinro.

He's in the SEMI's! <3 Jinro!

Yeah. I'm sad I can only watch 1 game of each series on VOD though.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I've been losing all my games ever since I hit 2000 rating (diamond). It's probably because I only play 1-2 matches a day, so I'm never warmed up when I go up against these relatively good players and I just get stomped. I know i'm better than most of the people that beat me, it's just a matter of finding more time to play.

The next patch (end of December) will introduce 2 new leagues: Master league (top 1-2% of diamond players) and Grand Master (top 200 region). My goal is to get into the Master league, right now I'm hovering around the 90th percentile of the entire b.net so I have looots of catching up to do. Being rank 1 in your diamond division isn't even good enough to get into Master league if your division is trash :shock: I may have to pick a race (instead of playing random) if I want a chance to be promoted.

hiccup.png