Starcraft 2

The Observer

Downloading the thing for the 7 hour guest trial.

It's like 7GB, gonna take forever! (1 1/2 days) But from what I've seen definately worth it if I can get it to run decently.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installing it atm. SC2 has the one of the best installation screens. The only thing coming close is AOE1's, where they had the units amble across the screen. Haven't seen such quality in ages. + perfect summary of the stuff happening in SC1.

Last mission? Just finished it, and well, seige tanks were the boss for me. I also found myself thinking 'what now' at the end.... 10 years from now and we'll find out.

Aha! Well I pretty much used a bunch of banshees to take out the [hide]nydus worms[/hide] wherever they appeared :)

Edit: Hide for (potential) spoiler.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Close to the end, Firebats are still badass, Thors are badass, Marauders are badass, Goliaths are badass and I have no use for vultures or banshees. :)

With the two armory upgrades and the weapon speed research buff, goliaths just wreck everything. It does suck that their portraits look pretty lame now.

Damn it. My computer keeps crashing during cutscenes, or generally any time outside of combat. No lag or whatever.

Pretty fun though.

Mine randomly crashes as well in the middle of a game.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Toned down the graphics, to my dismay, but it works. Still looks mighty beautiful though, except for the horribble antialiasing problem (I wouldn't dare to force it on haha). The game messed up on the part where Zeratul was introducing the mission... so I'll take a short break. Will continue tomorrow.

(By the way, I'm playing on Casual. It's no challenge but I find it fun to kill zerglings in a 3 burst from a marine :D)

Finished the campaign.[spoiler=Storyline continuity?]

I don't get it. Heart of the Swarm is supposed to take place after Wings of Liberty. Kerrigan is deinfested. HotS is supposed to revolve around her being the zerg menace (actually, she looks stupid deinfested with the tendril hair thing). Am I the only one that doesn't get this?

I don't get it. Heart of the Swarm is supposed to take place after Wings of Liberty. Kerrigan is deinfested. HotS is supposed to revolve around her being the zerg menace (actually, she looks stupid deinfested with the tendril hair thing). Am I the only one that doesn't get this?

[spoiler=Perhaps]Perhaps HotS will be about the Zerg recollecting itself after losing Kerrigan? Maybe some new Zerg powers will arise.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

[spoiler=Perhaps]Perhaps HotS will be about the Zerg recollecting itself after losing Kerrigan? Maybe some new Zerg powers will arise.

[spoiler=or...]maybe Kerrigan still has power over the zerg without being a crazy [bleep] and whatnot. It's the only logical explanation, seeing as she was the only one (according to Zeratul) who could help the universe fight the Fallen One and the hybrids. According to him, if she dies everyone else does, and the only way she can play a huge part in the war is if she still had control of the zerg. I also think that HoTS will be a prequel to WoL, but that's just my opinio/n.

hiccup.png

Or we just play from a different point of view? No harm done. :)

Blizzard DID mention the the order (chronologically) was WoL -> HoTS > LotV. But that's a story for when it comes.

Just played my first multiplayer match online. Very close game (terran vs terran). Too bad he focused all his energies on trying to build high tier units like that single battlecruiser (it kicked the crap out of my marine + vikings). Finished the game just running out of minerals by him forfeiting.

This is fun as hell.

I played my first qualifying game last night. I tried a marine rush up his ramp and clocked banshee at his workers. It did not work at all. He was completely walled off with siege tanks and missile turrets. It ended up with both of us going to 200/200, occasionally losing units to each other. It was my marines/maruaders/medivacs/banshees/tanks against his thors/tanks/marines. Eventually, I just went with nukes since his units were all clumped together. I finally won after he made his last push with a bunch of marines. Jesus, that game took an hour and thirty-seven minutes.

Or we just play from a different point of view? No harm done. :)

Blizzard DID mention the the order (chronologically) was WoL -> HoTS > LotV. But that's a story for when it comes.

Just played my first multiplayer match online. Very close game (terran vs terran). Too bad he focused all his energies on trying to build high tier units like that single battlecruiser (it kicked the crap out of my marine + vikings). Finished the game just running out of minerals by him forfeiting.

This is fun as hell.

Oh no I didn't mean it like that, I mean, not necessarily on that side (Kerrigan), maybe more like building back up what is left of the Zerg, you know?

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

This is fun as hell.

I played my first qualifying game last night. I tried a marine rush up his ramp and clocked banshee at his workers. It did not work at all. He was completely walled off with siege tanks and missile turrets. It ended up with both of us going to 200/200, occasionally losing units to each other. It was my marines/maruaders/medivacs/banshees/tanks against his thors/tanks/marines. Eventually, I just went with nukes since his units were all clumped together. I finally won after he made his last push with a bunch of marines. Jesus, that game took an hour and thirty-seven minutes.

How'd your guys matches last that long? :blink:

My are always very quick.

tFtfA.jpg

Hmm I'm almost out of my guest trial, had some good matches though, won 2/3 of my trial games. One I lost because of a severe misclick at the start where I didn't realise my workers wern't working for half a minute :rolleyes:

Real good game though, had an epic 45 minute+ game with my friend irl which I won.

Pretty sure I ended up qualifying in the terrible players zone but oh well Xd I need to buy the game first.

Also: is it possible to use more then 1 guest trial? I doubt it but hey, worth a shot asking.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

My timing is very bad. I guess it took me too long to get my forces together, and he had already dug down behind his wall while I was doing it.

Is anyone here actually good (North America)? I'm nearing rank 1 in my diamond division (5-10 atm) and I'm getting tired of laddering. I reaaaaaally need chatrooms, I feel like I'm playing single player and whenever I play 2's, 3's or 4's my friends always end up dying in a second.

hiccup.png

Is anyone here actually good (North America)? I'm nearing rank 1 in my diamond division (5-10 atm) and I'm getting tired of laddering. I reaaaaaally need chatrooms, I feel like I'm playing single player and whenever I play 2's, 3's or 4's my friends always end up dying in a second.

I personally don't think the ranks or the leagues mean much. I made it to Rank 1 Diamond during the beta, and I placed into platinum pretty easily but I'm not particularly good...

Still, if you want to play, I'm up for a few games, against each other or 2v2. Let me know if you're interested?

SomaCruz

This is fun as hell.

My game was only 15 minutes, I was referring to my starting mineral fields.

I believe it was just pure luck that I won the game haha. I went to try out the challenge maps and couldn't even beat the first one.