Starcraft 2

The Observer

Took a long time to download the patches with my [bleep]ed up internet atm lol (like 8kb/s sometimes wtf) thank god that'll be fixed tommorow. Loving the new story system, shame it doesn't look like there's a story for Zerg or Protoss factions, but i'm hoping and guessing that'll be what comes in the expansions when they are released. Anyone know official dates for any expansions yet if they have been released?

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recommend, instead of making one list with an EU tag, just make 2 lists. Will make it much easier :P

I would but no one mentioned if they were EU or US other than you when I originally created it. So I just added them as is until otherwise confirmed. I'll do that now but I'm going to need everyone to tell me what region they're in so I can do it properly.

j0xPu5R.png

Attention Starcraft 2 gamers! A major issue has been discovered, being that the main menu has no frame rate cap, leading to potential GPU overheating and even permanent damage. It has also been reported that the black screen for SC2 (the one that is used when alt-tabbing) has the same issue. A fix has been posted here. I highly suggest that everyone looks into this fix. Turning v-sync may also help solve the problem.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

By the way, any EU players feel free to add me, we need a bunch of people so we can start getting custom games on custom maps going. Rather than the same old ones. :P

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Damn, the cutscene with Zeratul and Kerragen was so [bleep]ing badass!

Indeed :D

I found the end to be a bit dissapointing... I just kinda felt like.. what now?

[hide=SPOILERS]I think it would have been a lot better to actually restore kerrigan back to normal and then continue on with their quest to take mengsk down rather then raynor just walking out of the swarm base-thing with her in a cutesy way...[/hide]

Still.. It was the best damn RTS campaign ever. EVER. EVAHHHHHHHHH.

Nothing even comes close.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

[spoiler=campaign spoiler]I found Kerrigan to be EXTREMELY disappointing in the campaign. Where was the cunning and extremely powerful (like, take down an entire army strong) infested terran I once loved? I also really wanted to play as a Xel'Naga) (as in, in the days where protoss became too violent and the Naga) said peace out, there were probably battles to be fought) but I there are going to be two more campaigns so I'll have to wait it out

hiccup.png

[hide=SPOILERS]I think it would have been a lot better to actually restore kerrigan back to normal and then continue on with their quest to take mengsk down rather then raynor just walking out of the swarm base-thing with her in a cutesy way...[/hide]

Hey whats your thingy, i'll add you when my internet's sorted. :thumbup:

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Hey whats your thingy, i'll add you when my internet's sorted. :thumbup:

name is IonicSloth and i think my character code is 996... i think... I'll double check when I'm next on.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

Now I'm going to work on getting gold on all of the challenges! Got gold on the basic challenges already, and silver on quite a few others. They're very fun.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

MLG is supporting Starcraft 2 events.icon_thumbsu.gif

Nice! Checked their site and I see there's going to be a tournament in the end of August. Will be interesting to watch, wonder which players will show up :)

MLG is supporting Starcraft 2 events.icon_thumbsu.gif

Thats good news I guess although blizzard really need to sort out battle.net at the moment as it is dead. Of course you log in and see 1 million+ people playing at any single time but where are they? This game has a lot of potential and at current state of release it could die rather quickly. No chatrooms/clan support was a very bad idea, this really needs to implemented soon or there will literally be no such thing as community inside starcraft. Sure blizzard have their official forums for banter, but having it ingame would work out so much better so people can set up custom games with friends and other people a lot easier.

Another gripe I have is the popularity system... I have looked through countless "See More..." lists and found some really interesting game types which I would love to see but when I join I'm waiting forever to get a full party. Seems the only games I can play are Red circle TD, Nexus Wars and thats about it... (The others don't really interest me).

I really hope they pull their finger out pretty fast or the mapping/modding community will look elsewhere when they realise the current state of the custom maps is "The rich get richer, the poor stay poor".

I loved the Campaign, I love the DRM they used (As it is much like Steam) and I love pretty much everything about it.. but the few points that need improving are bringing the games standard down hell of a lot.

Also - Not including LAN was a bad idea.

Bring back WC3 Battlenet... It was the best thing to ever happen to RTS + mapping/modding communities.

EDIT: By the way guys, if you're looking for some funny replays, watch some of the IdrA matches commentated by HDStarcraft and HuskyStarcraft, some of the ragequits this guy does makes me giggle xD

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

Close to the end, Firebats are still badass, Thors are badass, Marauders are badass, Goliaths are badass and I have no use for vultures or banshees. :)

You might see that banshees have a use on the last mission! Atleast they did for me, with the choices that I made (it's not the same for everybody, you'll see).

I have no idea. Honestly haven't really looked into it.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

[hide]On the bottom-right corner of the media blitz mission, there is a science facility. When you destroy it and pick up the item it drops, you unlock a secret mission. I think you have to unlock it during a campaign play-through though.[/hide]