Computer/tv corner picture idea - Tell me what you think!

OldJoe

Hey.

I've had this idea for a little while now.

I remember before the rollback, there was a thread "show your computer corner". But it got lost.

A thread usually dies after a while, so as a thread it would probably be around for a while... Then disappear.

I really would prefer if such a thread could be stickied, since they are always there.

I've talked to an admin, and he said i should check with you guys first before a decision is made.

So i'm basically checking with you guys - What do you think about it?

I know there are already 4 stickies and 2 announcements, so i guess it maybe would get a bit cluttered?

For me it would be fine, but i want to hear what you regulars here think.

If you guys would be happy with it, a sticky could probably be made (i hope, of course it's up to the admins/mods). But if it's not liked, then just forget this.

Posting a picture/s of your computer/s and specs. Maybe tv corner too? - Dunno.

It would be fun to see what computers you guys use.

Come with ideas!

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I always find seeing other peoples setups interesting, but I'm not sure about making it a sticky though.

If you're going make it a sticky, then you should lay down some topic ground rules in your opening post, otherwise it will become a free for all and then mutate into just another topic that doesn't warrant it being stickied.

Thanks guys for liking this idea!

Pryomancer - Yep, i'll do that tomorrow or in the weekend. I'll probably pm you or some other mod when i've thought out some rules for this, just to check.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Sounds good. Perhaps for rules a person has to include all computer peripherals in one picture? Maybe a form to fill out giving general specs of the pc (e.g. processor, grpahics card, etc)?

I wouldn't limit it to one picture. I would say make hide tags though.

This sounds like something worth having as a sticky, much like the "Post Pictures of Your Browser" thread that's already a sticky. However, I would NOT make it a requirement to show off ALL of the computer's peripherals, seeing as there are situations where they can't all be out constantly for one reason or another. :-k

I'll just look forward to seeing what happens with this. :)

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I agree, would make a good sticky. The thing with a normal thread about the same subject is that it takes so long to get the pictures that it falls down to the bottom and dies in a short time. The same thing would happen to RLP if it wasn't for the sticky.

C2b6gs7.png