Blue and Green Dragons - Facts and fiction.

RayOxide

Ok, I'm quite sick and tired of people I know, in clan chats, in help and advice (usually other forums, not this) and generally some randoms on the street telling people how to hunt green/blue dragons. :|

I know this is extremely unnecessary*, but I want to clear things up.

Green Dragons:

NO they are NOT crowded. There's enough dragons there to easily safespot range an inventory without problem.

REVENANTS will NOT kill you! By the time you run to clan wars from the eastern green dragons you would be on a minimum of ~10hp. And the chances of getting attacked by them are low. Study the levels of fellow green dragon slayers to see if a revenant around your level will get them too.

They arent even close to powerful. They barely hit over 8 ever, (if you have anti dragonfire shield on), on me personally, last time i did this i had around 280 crush defence and 72 defence level.

Safespotting wont get you burned! Although taking a shield because they auto attack is the smarter option, if you want to max out your range attack bonus, its easy. Just hope that there are people in all directions of you getting the dragon before you do if you're cautious.

PRAYING green dragons at even 60 combat is highly unnecessary*! Although its very helpful, the cost of prayer potions will lower the money you get per dragon, 3k per dragon and Im sure you can use 1 prayer potion dose per one if you're around level 65.

CHAOS TUNNELS is a very good way to kill green dragons, only if you're high enough level to withstand the impact of possibly 5 green dragons hitting about 10 on you altogether per turn. Prayer is used often here, as it is more efficient to waste prayer pots here instead of normal green dragons

Blue Dragons:

PRAYING, once again is still very unnecessary*! Especially if you can max out your defence (with anti fire shield ofcourse), I still personally only use 1 monk, and occassionaly a max of 3 on one (barely ever). Green dragons are still easier.

Saferanging works a treat. IF you have decent levels. Dont even bother going here if you cant use a rune cbow with mithril bolts, and have decent range bonus. If you dont have 70 range do not bother doing this. Black knives, saferanging a green dragon is also apparently good, and probably 10x better for your level anyway.

WIND STRIKE helps, alot. Unless you have an opposing character higher level than the dragon itself killing them.

WATCHTOWER quest is EXTREMELY good for blue dragons. There is about 5 in the ogre enclave, maybe up to 7, and barely anyone goes there. There are also some range safespots useable too.

~Hope I've cleared up some level 70 innexperienced dragon hunting skills.

:) Ray.

Flame away!

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Kill the shamens at the end of quest.

And im just clearing up some rumours and untested theories which I myself have tested. Not really a guide. More-or-less telling people to test their theories on dragons prior to doing it :|

And im just clearing up some rumours and untested theories which I myself have tested. Not really a guide. More-or-less telling people to test their theories on dragons prior to doing it :|

:wall:

ive done quest but did it so long ago ive forgotted about it

thought they stayed there :o

oh and why do people mage metal dragons if they have 70+ range

a rune crossbow and 84 range owns all metals but i see many people using mage and taking x2 my time :lol:

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

The Revenant part is a load of bullcrap, not everyone has the same HP level you know? And Revs don't hit the same every single time :wall: . Btw," run east to Castle Wars?"

True not everyone has same HP, but it's not so hard to hunt Green dragons with revs.

And i think he or she means clan wars?

i dont belive you should be saying that about the reverants since im an rcer (110 p2p combat 103 f2p) and i get hit hard by some revs often geting hit to about 20 hp in the space of a few squares

otherwise good advice (in one lvl no need for wind strikes :>)

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

The Revenant part is a load of bullcrap, not everyone has the same HP level you know? And Revs don't hit the same every single time :wall: . Btw," run east to Castle Wars?"

True not everyone has same HP, but it's not so hard to hunt Green dragons with revs.

And i think he or she means clan wars?

or dark night fortress? :ohnoes:

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

a rune crossbow and 84 range owns all metals but i see many people using mage and taking x2 my time :lol:

Why do people with 70+ atk/str not just melee them instead...? It's sooo much faster!

Anyways, on topic, I tihnk he meant Clan Wars instead of castle wars, and although I've never hunted green dragons myself I'd always choose to avoid the Wilderness/take good rev avoiding kit with me.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I meant clan wars, sorry, and I said run to clan wars from the eastern drags.

And I dont think an ork is going to hit a level 60. I think its more like a hobgoblin. It sorta balances out a 60 v a Hobbo and a 96 v an Ork

And 'bout the revs hitting hard, they'll hit you once and switch to someone else if the world has enough people your level. Pretty much hitting you 1/4 times so you wont get owned unless you're frozen, and they usually mage attack first (orks anyway)

Still wont kill you in 3 shots from the pit -> clan wars

EDIT: Why do people have to pick up one thing and try to embarrass others about it? so immature.

Why do people with 70+ atk/str not just melee them instead...? It's sooo much faster!

Anyways, on topic, I tihnk he meant Clan Wars instead of castle wars, and although I've never hunted green dragons myself I'd always choose to avoid the Wilderness/take good rev avoiding kit with me.

its really not >.>

im 80 att/str and killing metals is horrible with melee and you spend loads of extra money on prayer potions

maybe 90/90 might be more effective but at my levels even with best possible gear its very ineffective

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Finally.

Someone notices that revenants aren't actually tough. I've never been killed by a revenant once and I've ran through the whole wilderness in a purple phat + gilded due to not knowing where the lava titan tele took me.

I ran into three revs on the way down, stuck on range prayer and didnt get hit for me than 11. Granted I was 99 def and hp, but seriously, if they're so great they would've killed me with no food.

Numerous encounters with them, numerous hits all below 15.

Green dragons, lol, when I played ~10weeks ago they werent at all crowded. Sure a rev would pop up but if you're half skilled it won't even hinder your trip.

Blue dragons are even easier with 100% safe, safespots. A little croweded maybe.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Finally.

Someone notices that revenants aren't actually tough. I've never been killed by a revenant once and I've ran through the whole wilderness in a purple phat + gilded due to not knowing where the lava titan tele took me.

I ran into three revs on the way down, stuck on range prayer and didnt get hit for me than 11. Granted I was 99 def and hp, but seriously, if they're so great they would've killed me with no food.

Numerous encounters with them, numerous hits all below 15.

Green dragons, lol, when I played ~10weeks ago they werent at all crowded. Sure a rev would pop up but if you're half skilled it won't even hinder your trip.

Blue dragons are even easier with 100% safe, safespots. A little croweded maybe.

Blues range defence is like 8x better than green drags melee defence.

And nah it isnt crowded, at best it has 2 free dragons, usually more out to the east or north. Slightly more dangerous.

Meleeing with 70 atk is easier than ranging with 61 range, though 61 just gets to the good stuff.. Still isnt recommended til 70 for ranging blues.. even safing.

Saying green dragons are not crowded is like saying rock crabs are not crowded. It all depends on what time you are on and what world you are in.

The revenants ARE a problem and trust me once you get a few consecutive high 30 hits on you you will not be saying they are easily avoidable.

Green dragons are a good place to make money but there is no point in glossing over the problems you face there.

Zerker_jane.png

Saying green dragons are not crowded is like saying rock crabs are not crowded. It all depends on what time you are on and what world you are in.

The revenants ARE a problem and trust me once you get a few consecutive high 30 hits on you you will not be saying they are easily avoidable.

Green dragons are a good place to make money but there is no point in glossing over the problems you face there.

But if you're getting hit for 30s from revs, surely green drags aren't the monster from you? They're like PKers, pray right and wear the right gear to hinder their performance.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Although I must agree that Revs are not a problem to kill, having to kill 3+ Revs in 1 round of Green Dragons is rather annoying to do, it seems like whenever I do kill Green Drags, I get frequented by Revs.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

^Never seen more than 1 rev pass green drags at one time, though I dont pay attention unless i get attacked.

Trust me, I melee in torags, or dh, (approx 280 crush 300 stab/slash 320 range and 20 mage defence) and the revs never hit me anything higher than 10 (so far)

Am I the only one that thinks it's dumb to kill these as a level ~60 with a Rune scimi? I mean, the xp is SLOOOOOOOW and your using an inventory of food every time, I just don't see why they do it, I never did haha.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

People kill dragons for money, never really xp, but the people who kill for xp are usually higher level, or low and stupid. :lol:

And Kent, this isnt even a guide, its just facts and fictions, telling people what to really do.. :wall: I blame the mod/s who moved it here, it doesnt seem like a guide.