Tip.it Times Presents: A Time of War

Turtlefemm

I like the concept, and your general point. In a vacuum, you are absolutely right; what's good for the demand side is indirectly good for suppliers. Unfortunately, in practice the interdependency really isn't there anymore.

• [*:1pxp3kcg]Summoning has drastically reduced the reliance of monster hunters upon skillers. Creatures like the bunyip and unicorn have cut into the call for food, and titans have made trips go by more quickly. [*:1pxp3kcg]Items like the black mask / slayer helm / salve amulet (e) / godswords / armor have reduced the appeal of potions. Permanent increases to stats and overall bonuses have made the incentive less appetizing or necessary to kill the same baddies.[*:1pxp3kcg]The Grand Exchange destroyed price on potions, because so many herblorists found trading pots too tedious. Given the opportunity to dump potions, they did - and did for a huge pricedown. Super attack, strength, defense, agility potions, super energies... they have not recovered. All of these skills are now cost-out to perform.[*:1pxp3kcg]Skillcapes created such an alluring incentive that many non-skill based players chose to powerlevel skills to collect Level 99's. Whereas previously only a skill based player could be bothered to fletch to make money, the fast experience lured many combateers in with the promise of a huge prayer bonus on their cape if they got 99 Fletching, creating a glut on the market and skyrocketing the demand/price on yew logs.

I feel the need to add that Summoning's mechanics have made Runescape slightly more combat oriented. Of course, there are some good rewards for skillers, but the charms, and many of the seconds, require you to kill monsters.

They do indeed, but then there are skills like Magic that require you to skill to train it. (crafting runes)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Not necessarily. You could BUY your runes, and many do just that. Plus, Magic is both a skilling and a combat skill. It sits on the fence and, at least in my opinion, is weaker for it.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, the new pvp update might be the best thing that has happened to skillers in a while. Most skills focus on getting things that would help in combat. Pots, food, armor, runes, ect. are all made by skillers, than usually bought by those who want to kill things. Now that pvp is making a comeback, there will be a huge rise in demand for these items again, making skilling profitable again. So, balanced players (like me I think) and skillers will not die out anytime soon.

ae84735921.png

Porsche: It's supposed to go in the rear.

"Are balanced and non-combat players a dying breed?"

They are if they meet me in a pvp world, we (pkers) have had our main part of the game removed. And now you complain on skillers not be able to make as much proffit? (while they will finally be able to make profit again)

Why is it some people hate combat anyway, you feel sorry for the not existing monsters you kill on a computer game?

hmm,

i think it was the grand exchange that killed skills, it is impossible to train herby now >.<.

hopefully with the release of the new pvp items such as yew longbows (for alching) and pots will become much more wanted, and then the price would go up. but judging by the charts, many of them have already began to drop after the recent boom.

skills DO need to be made proffitable once again

~MoM

Touch Me

man_ov_milk.png

• 1 month later...

I completly agree with the author. I started playing about 3 months after RS2 came out. I also remember the winter (I think it was winter) Slayer came out for members and that pushed me to pay the extra $5 a month. I started members at about lvl 49 that summer. The GWD update didn't affect me much, none of the combat-based updates have really. The thing that hit me the hardest was the Grand Exchange and trading limits. I was part of a tab making business and made around 10M off of that. With the loss of the unbalanced trade that helped the workers get their mage lvl up, the company shut down. I still tabbed on my own in my house until prices plummeted. Recently I have been fishing for my money to buy the great armors of old, Barrows dragon and whatnot). I have amassed quite a bit of wealth but I still wish the great team I had back before the trade updates happened was still around.

To help affirm the author. We skillers and skill-combat hybrids are still around, it takes a bit more than a few sour updates to make us leave.

Storm122096.png