Blue Dragons

Intriguing

Hey, I'm planning on going from 83-90 Ranged on Blue Dragons at Taverly Dungeon. I wanted to know how many you think I could comfortably kill per day.

Equipment:

-Robin Hood Hat

-Ranger Boots

-Amulet of Fury

-Black Dragonhide Body and Chaps

-Barrows Gloves

-Accumulator

-Magic Shortbow or Rune Crossbow

-Unholy Book

-Archers Ring OR Ring of Wealth

-Steel Arrows OR Broad Bolts

In addition to this, before I start killing, I will have 70 Agility, so I will be able to use the shortcut.

Is it an achievable goal to kill 200 in a 3-4 hour period, or am I overshooting?

I will be banking all hides and bones, alching any good drops, and completing clue scrolls every now and then (don't bother factoring in clue scrolls to the time frame).

Cool.

Hey, I'm planning on going from 83-90 Ranged on Blue Dragons at Taverly Dungeon. I wanted to know how many you think I could comfortably kill per day.

Equipment:

-Robin Hood Hat

-Ranger Boots

-Amulet of Fury

-Black Dragonhide Body and Chaps

-Barrows Gloves

-Obsidian Cape

-Magic Shortbow

-Archers Ring OR Ring of Wealth

-Bronze Arrows OR Iron Arrows

In addition to this, before I start killing, I will have 70 Agility, so I will be able to use the shortcut.

Is it an achievable goal to kill 200 in a 3-4 hour period, or am I overshooting?

I will be banking all hides and bones, alching any good drops, and completing clue scrolls every now and then (don't bother factoring in clue scrolls to the time frame).

Bronze arrows Good luck with that

I would use Rune cbow with zammy book or anti shield

With mith boltz or broad boltz if u got the level

You can kill the ones in the hero guild that respawns faster but of course there is only one But its a shorter walk to rogues den if your gonna bank the bones or dhides otherwise u can stay there uite a while

Kingmickez25.png

Trade off those mith bolts for broad bolts if you have the 55 slayer or whatever is required to use them. Stick with the rune x-bow, but be careful with an unholy book, seeing as the dragons can hit a nice 40+ with firebreath when you are unprotected. I'm not sure how many you could comfortably kill per day, just trying to help with the effectiveness of your training.

It would be even better if you could get an attractor/accumulator from the Animal Magnetism quest for the range bonus, and their abilities. Also, if you can stand Pest Control long enough to get void range, it is decently more effective than the black dragonhide, barrows gloves, and robin would be (from my experience). Although, that could be because I tested both at 99 range.. I am unsure.

Have fun training. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

i think its around 50 or 60gp a bolt now and considering there just as good as addy there worth it

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

OK. Well, I need to kill about 6200 Blue Dragons for level 90 Range. Any rough estimates on how many Broad Bolts I should buy?

Buy 5k, should last very long. I don't see why you would need to buy it in 1 go. I can't give an estimate, but after the 5k do the math from there.

Trade off those mith bolts for broad bolts if you have the 55 slayer or whatever is required to use them. Stick with the rune x-bow, but be careful with an unholy book, seeing as the dragons can hit a nice 40+ with firebreath when you are unprotected. I'm not sure how many you could comfortably kill per day, just trying to help with the effectiveness of your training.

It would be even better if you could get an attractor/accumulator from the Animal Magnetism quest for the range bonus, and their abilities. Also, if you can stand Pest Control long enough to get void range, it is decently more effective than the black dragonhide, barrows gloves, and robin would be (from my experience). Although, that could be because I tested both at 99 range.. I am unsure.

Have fun training. ::'

Do. Not. Get. The. Damned. Void. Set.

It's not worth the time getting it, or if you just use Range just to train range. If you're planning to do some extra ranging after 99/PvP, however, get it now.

Robin - Eh... get armadyl instead.

Rangers - Aren't these like 5m? It's just lucrative gear... I would stay away from these, knowing that if you lag out/afk/whatever you lose them for good.

Steels - Yeah, use Broad. They 2x better. USE RANGE POTIONS!

Don't make goals you can't achieve. I'm not saying you can't get 90 Ranged at Blue dragons, but don't think it'll be quick... and I don't think you can kill 200, maybe 150-180. Although it is very possible, I guess. I don't know, time it yourself.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I don't have the armour yet. I stopped playing for a bit over a year. In that time, I lent my account to a friend, and he lost me all my stuff. I'm going to start playing again soon, and I've worked out what to do, and put it into a workable plan. The only thing I wasn't sure of as for whether or not I'd be able to dedicate myself enough to it was Ranging. By the time I get to Ranging, I will have all the armour.

OK, I'll look into Armadyl. And as for Void Range, I don't plan on training much above 90. I know the flaws of planning to do more than you are actually capable of doing. I'll set my goal at 150, and if I think I can do more than that, I'll step it up a bit. I also realize that it is fairly boring at Blue dragons--I think I went from 75 to 83 there. However, my priorities are much more set on making money than on xp/hour.

Thank you everyone for the advice so far, as well. :)

Cool.

Another good tip in addition to the ones above, don't lend your account out to anyone under any circumstances.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

If you dont mind waiting to start your training for a little while, maybe do the watchtower quest and use the blues in the ogre enclave? Its not a long walk from castlewars (perhaps slightly longer than blues from fally w/70 agil shortcut), but you can use a dueling ring to bank, and its alot quieter than taverly. I kill the blues there quite regularly and i much prefer it to taverly.

Just my thoughts anyway ::'

If you dont mind waiting to start your training for a little while, maybe do the watchtower quest and use the blues in the ogre enclave? Its not a long walk from castlewars (perhaps slightly longer than blues from fally w/70 agil shortcut), but you can use a dueling ring to bank, and its alot quieter than taverly. I kill the blues there quite regularly and i much prefer it to taverly.

Just my thoughts anyway ::'

I've done that quest. They're caged, right? So I'd need to bring a spell so that I can pick up their drops? I'll definitely consider it.

Cool.

the dragons are not, i repeat, NOT caged. the greater demons are. ogre is easily best place to kill them. bring a grapple with your crossbow so you can use the short cut. just watchtower tele to bank.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]