"Camping fails"

Bananamatic

So yeah, why do people say bad things about camping abyssals, where it all started.

"camping fails, slay like a man"

Somebody gets 85 slayer and everybody goes "amagawd dun camp"

Most recently, somebody flamed me for camping METAL DRAGONS. Srsly. You heard me. FREAKING METAL DRAGONS.

What is next, "dking off task is for lamers"? "omg you can't slay kq off task u "?

It's not like slaying makes you "hardcore" and "elite" compared to those who prefer the items....

Post Edited by Shazarabbit. Remember flaming is against forum rules as is encouraging it.

Abbys are so crowded because of the campers, so it's better to just let the people there on task be there and not have to switch every half hour. Abbys aren't even good money, I don't see why idiots camp.

And Slaying does make us elite. :twss:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Not like 99 slay is going to give you more profits in the future compared to the wasted time...

I can't wait for the day a 99 slay monster is released that drops like several 10m gp items. Shame I won't remember to look for your comment on it.

I actually really agree with you, its like not being able to take shortcuts to something, why wait loads of tasks till you finally get Abbysal demons and you wanted whips all that time when you can just camp there? Whips dont cost more if you do through slayer do they?

Post Removed by Shazarabbit.

Took you quite a while to realize that the slayer cape is useless, right? LL

Not like 99 slay is going to give you more profits in the future compared to the wasted time...

It's almost as if getting to 99 made me no money at all isn't it.

Abbys are so crowded because of the campers, so it's better to just let the people there on task be there and not have to switch every half hour. Abbys aren't even good money, I don't see why idiots camp.

Good crims, overall money, decent exp and a whip once in a time? Plus half afkable?

Give me a REAL reason why camping fails.

Good crims, overall money, decent exp and a whip once in a time? Plus half afkable?

It gives people an extra reason to have a whine. Nothing wrong with actual camping.

People say camping fails because you could be getting slayer xp at the same time

I don't agree, camping is fine if you want money or fast xp ect which sometimes slayer fails to give...

But if you don't care about speed or money, you really should train slayer.

chat142744sx.png

32078824.png

gomu_pistol.png

Crims:Waterfiends

Money: I get maybe 130k from a task with no whip. And that task takes a long time. Hell green dragons make like 200k an hour.

Decent Exp: The exp isn't all that great. A lot of places beat it.

Whip: 1/700 kills. That's quite a while in between. Not worth it in the gp/hour.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

More of rant, so I have moved it to the appropriate forum. :D

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Crims:Waterfiends

Money: I get maybe 130k from a task with no whip. And that task takes a long time. Hell green dragons make like 200k an hour.

Decent Exp: The exp isn't all that great. A lot of places beat it.

Whip: 1/700 kills. That's quite a while in between. Not worth it in the gp/hour.

Waterfiends:Only crims and ok exp I guess.

Green Drags-Involve too much clicking and banking. No charms and bad exp.

Other exp places-No item drops, or too much clicking required.

Whips are just a bonus to keep you going=p

Abbies give all 4 tbh, little clicking and attention required, and the occassional whip is always nice.

=p

I could have easily camped the final melee levels there, unlike doing Zombie Monkeys, which bore me after 5 minutes. The drops and extras keep me going.

You want a mix of all those? Do slayer. It's a better mix.

And if you don't want to click, go to bandits or something. Again, better than abbys for exp.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

You want a mix of all those? Do slayer. It's a better mix.

And if you don't want to click, go to bandits or something. Again, better than abbys for exp.

Bandits have nothing to surprise with.

Maybe one day I can get a left half actually? Or another abby head? 4 whips in 1 hour? You never know what happens....

Bandits, on the other hand, are dull and boring.

Slayer? Sick of skipping the same tasks over and over. I want to actually level, not walk from npc to npc.

Maybe one day I can get a left half actually? Or another abby head? 4 whips in 1 hour? You never know what happens....

I know what happens after that. You don't get another whip for 50 hours. They're averages for a reason.

bandits, on the other hand, are dull and boring.

Abbys are deathly boring as well. And at abbys you don't get the better exp without the "too much clicking"

Slayer? Sick of skipping the same tasks over and over. I want to actually level, not walk from npc to npc.

You can block four tasks. Leaving you only have to skip every once in a while. Not to mention if you want to skip it takes like two minutes to get to summona and one second if you use a slayer ring. And you'll be leveling another skill if you slay. I.e. Slayer.

EDIT: Havn't seen a reply in a while. So i'm off. Be back later.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

From a time-efficiency point of view camping abyssals is one of the dumbest things you can do. Including whips it's like 300k/hour, which is about the profit attainable from level 50 runecrafting. Abyssals definitely have above average defense, they are slow melee xp even with a slayer helm. I've never killed them off task so I don't really want to think about without it. The charms are completely mediocre, you can get more from just slaying. To put things in perspective, you'd max out much faster by camping black demons, and making up for the lower profit by monster hunting or whatever.

That said it's a game and you can do whatever you want to, I agree it's silly to say people with 85 slayer aren't allowed to kill abyssals. It's just a waste of time.

Camping at Abyssal's really aren't worth it. I've attempted to camp there, and the xp nor the money is great from there.

If you want a good place to camp with decent money + xp, go with ankous, or spiritual mages...I have easily been able to surpass the amount of money I've earned at either per hour.

I see nothing wrong with camping...but camping at a place with poor xp/money with occasional goodies (from drops), is simply not worth it.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Ok

Camping does not fail, any who say it does are stupid.

It's smarter than going to some stranger and asking them what to kill ;) ;)

But camping at a place that doesnt give definate good drops is just stupid. Aviansies aren't crowded cause of the tank-needs, and most people who can tank there slay anyway!

I've been making over 100k on every single turoth task I have had. TUROTHS. TUROTHS!!!

Ok overestimation but, stopping slayer to camp at abby demons

Not really worth it, not even for the charms.

And plus as a few people said, its also crowding the place/s.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Remember, it's a game, not science....Do what you enjoy to do.

I have 51 Firemaking and 52 Fletching, and never considered getting it up.....because it is boring and pointless.

I enjoy Abyssal demons way more than the "high exp" places, so I mostly camped there.....because I have found it fun.

Does doing what I enjoy in a game "fail", compared to what is "more efficient?"

Remember, it's a game, not science....Do what you enjoy to do.

I have 51 Firemaking and 52 Fletching, and never considered getting it up.....because it is boring and pointless.

I enjoy Abyssal demons way more than the "high exp" places, so I mostly camped there.....because I have found it fun.

Does doing what I enjoy in a game "fail", compared to what is "more efficient?"

It depends. From one viewpoint, different monsters only vary by the length of their HP bar and their attack animation and ability to hit\be hit, so all monsters should be equal in fun and as such the most efficient one would provide the most fun, as you would be getting the most XP and the best drops. But people classify fun in strange ways, so its impossible to argue against. The point 'i think its fun so i can do whatever i thinks fun cause its a game' will easily end an argument; any response can be killed, and there is no argument against it. Who's to say what is or isn't fun for you. So my post is kind of pointless.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I wouldn't let it get to you, just do what you enjoy. I know that I could get much more experience if I went to Zombie Monkeys, or better cash at Green Dragons. If I purely wanted crimson charms I could go to Waterfiends, but I'm camping at Abyssals till 99 Strength because I want to. Someone saying to me that "camping is sad" just makes me laugh, why should I be made to feel bad about how I play the game?

Get over it little boy.

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=764352

Post Edited by Shazarabbit. Appreciate the link, but the following was not acceptable.

Post Edited by BloodArgon. But it was just three stars?

OT : Camp all you want. They will say "slay like a man" with 3 whips and 150k xp, and you have 9 whips and 500k xp.

Hell green dragons make like 200k an hour.

What are you smoking? I literally calced it and its 450k+ an hour.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Get over it little boy.

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=764352

Post Edited by Shazarabbit. Appreciate the link, but the following was not acceptable.

Post Edited by BloodArgon. But it was just three stars?

OT : Camp all you want. They will say "slay like a man" with 3 whips and 150k xp, and you have 9 whips and 500k xp.

Hell green dragons make like 200k an hour.

What are you smoking? I literally calced it and its 450k+ an hour.

Actually, if you do it right with war tortoise, piety, super sets, maxed strength bonus, near maxed stats, careful concentration and timing, lots of practice, and no randoms, its roughly 672k per hour. Plus around 140k (bursting + time) worth of charms. I love green drags; if I ever feel the need for money, I'll spend even more time there. Oh, and the XP is around 40k an hour. Yeah, have fun at Abyssals. I almost feel sorry for slayer fans, they miss out on so much :-#

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks