The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon

scootlaboot

Trailer Here.

Normally I would look the other way when I hear a new spyro game is coming out, but my curiosity was caught while browsing another forum. I will say that I do plan on getting it after seeing the direction they decided to go. What do the rest of you think?

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

If they made a PC version I'd be inclined to buy it. ::'

I'm a follower of the series through YouTube, Wikipedia, and other gaming sites, only have played the first and second installments, after those I just wasn't interested in how, childish I'd say the game was feeling...?

Hopefully the rumours of a more mature, and a more 'dark' theme is true though, though hoping usually never turns out good results in Video Games.

Oh well will be interesting to see it rise or fall, and how it plays out. =D>

The series really was awesome. One of the games that made me regret not having a PlayStayion. Oh well. The only problem I have with this trailer is just how kiddie it seems. I mean, first of all the music was over-dramatic, of course there was a graphics update, but what have they actually done to improve it? All I saw was a different plot. Hopefully it will be made to cater to those who grew up with the series, rather than kids who have probably never heard of Spyro before. I really doubt that, but I like how this is a multi-platform game, rather than a PS2/3 exclusive.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

The first 3 made by Insomniac Games were the best, i pretty much shunned the series after the 4th one (enter the dragonfly)

faiyaz101.png

Unfairly Banned-Appeal In Process, Its been slow due to the sheer number of them

Spyro games really seemed to go downhill after it left the original Playstation, that may have just been me becoming more mature though

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

I remember the first games, they were awesome.

Same here. I played all the first three for PS1. Amazing times. I spent endless hours on those games. Great fun.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

The Playstation Spyros were awesome!

I was at the dentist's office one day when I was young and he had a playstation in the waiting room. Every dentist check-up all I wanted was to kill Ripto :D

Enter the dragonfly really disappointed me, I lost interest in it :( (probably because I was getting older too, and it was too childish for a spyro game imo)

but then my favorite Spyro game ever was released: A Hero's Tail was awesome. I recommend it, if they still sell it. It may be PS2 only, I'm not sure.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I love the Spyro games. The PS1 ones were my favs but I do the like the story line in the legend of spyro games. Also Spyro is only ratine E game I play. There one i have to say about legend of spyro. Spyro and Cynder does look cute together.

Wow, I didn't know that so many other people played the original Spyro games, I grew up on them. :)

Now I'm just really curious enough to try it out, even if it is just to see how one of my favourite childhood game characters has developed over the years.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

The first game on the ps1 was the only one i thoroughly enjoyed and found a challenge, 2 and 3 were ok but not very challenging, and the ps2 series, JUST AWFUL. im sorry but they were.

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

The first game on the ps1 was the only one i thoroughly enjoyed and found a challenge, 2 and 3 were ok but not very challenging, and the ps2 series, JUST AWFUL. im sorry but they were.

Never Touched them after the originals, due to the fact that insomniac didn't make the newer ones, and logic usually dictates, and history confirms, that 9/10 times when a game's development switches to a different devloper, it sucks.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Never Touched them after the originals, due to the fact that insomniac didn't make the newer ones, and logic usually dictates, and history confirms, that 9/10 times when a game's development switches to a different devloper, it sucks.

Have to agree with you there. Usually when there's that kind of transfer, the general feel of the characters are lost. You can almost always tell when it's forced into a new direction. Usually when a good game character is made, it's bundled with loads of really good but barely formed potential ideas, and these are the ones you must use otherwise you get a continuity problems and clichés which fans don't really appreciate, amongst others.

For example, what the hell happened to Hunter? He was supposed to be this helpful cheetah with a phobia of water ('a cat thing'), who very rarely actually held a bow in the second and third games, and now he looks like some kind of bow-wielding-assassin-cat-warrior with what must surely be a mysterious past.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

LOL enter the dragonfly :lol: . Seriously, that game ranks among the worst i have ever played. But, i bought Hero's tail as well, I quite liked it. Nothing beats Gateway to glimmer and year of the dragon though. (never got to play the first one :? )

360 GT: hotdogstandyeah

LOL enter the dragonfly :lol: . Seriously, that game ranks among the worst i have ever played. But, i bought Hero's tail as well, I quite liked it. Nothing beats Gateway to glimmer and year of the dragon though. (never got to play the first one :? )

By not playing the first one you missed out on a legendary game

In my opinion it was a game way ahead of its time

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

I really enjoyed 1,2 and 3.

2 and 3 I played over and over, but number 4 sucked and they've just got worse and worse imo...All these breaths and stuff..

Doomy edit: I like sheep

the series peaked at 3 without a doubt, but man was that one hell of a game.

I got 120% on the damn thing. every gem, every egg, and just about every skill point.

Oh boy, I remember trying to get into the Super Bonus Round. You had to grab every shiny thing that wasn't nailed down. :wall:

~ W ~

sigzi.png