Ultimate Guide to Ancestral Bones - Range XP + Money! v1.8

Ned

I think it would help if you posted how to make a new bow and the arrows again, since many people probably forgot after doing the quest.

jmodresponse.th.png

^^ Spreadin' da wurd ^^

I'm old skool baby ;) *looks at join date*

Current amount of years playing Runescape: 5.5 On TIF: 5

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As promised:

The safespot technique that I made all by myself, it may not nessecarily be mine, but I am taking credit for it ::'

Pictures ahead, so they're in them weird tab things that i'm very fond of.

[hide=Where To Stand]z3.png?t=1232466751[/hide]

[hide=Kill That Zorgre]Can't Touch This!

z1.jpg?t=1232466794[/hide]

[hide=Pick Up The Key And Loot The coffin Next To You]z2-1.png?t=1232467829

z31.png?t=1232467023[/hide]

[hide=A Very Simple Explanation To It]z01.png?t=1232467080

1)Kill. 2)Loot. 3)Repeat. 4)Get Bored.[/hide]

2v8sgvs.png

Don't blame you.

The combination of a computor with such a bad Graphics Card that i can't even play "The Sims" sucessfully, and the fact that i edit in paint, doesn't give me great picture quality. ::'

No problem though, give me a shout if your stuck with anything. (Doubt it)

2v8sgvs.png

personally i would just stand outside the entrance and use the firepit as a safespot

does it count as an obstacle as far as the accumulator is concerned?

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

In 1 hr :

106 Zogre bones

9 Fayrg

4 Raur

2 Ourg

1 clue scroll

=169k worth of bones

96 range full void, range boots, archer ring, fury, accumulator, and mith brutals

You can attack right over that square in the middle. They will always get stuck if you attack from the other side. I wouldnt call it tricky.

Anyways good guide. Happy Hunting

Edit: this wold get you 13,312 prayer xp at guilded altar. If you sold and bought 85 dragon bones and used with Guilded altar you'd get 21,420 prayer xp.

kepp1.png

kepp1.png

:o :o

I have uncovered a secret plot from jagex! :o

You can loot Ourg bones and Graardor is an Ourg! :o

Soon you'll be able to reincarnate Ourg's from their bones in a new Grandmaster quest!

but seriously good guide I did this for a while and melee definately doesn't work.

tipitsiggy.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to post to say this guide is great and say a bit about how I fared and explain the exact method I've come to use after trying it out for a few hours.

Before I explain what's worked best for me, let me mention that I can make about 300k an hour now even with bad luck at the coffins.

I have 83 Ranged, 86 Defence, 90 Hitpoints and 58 Summoning. I use full void range, archer ring, fury amulet, snakeskin boots and accumulator. I use the composite ogre bow with adamant brutal arrows, and the Level 58 Summon Karamthulhu Overlord.

I let the enemies hit and disease me and find it doesn't seriously affect me at all. This allows me to use the Overlord to almost double the speed I kill Zogres at. Even if I lose a few hitpoints, I can grab a bit of food when I bank at Castlewars to deposit bones, which I do every few minutes. The only way disease could hurt me would be by lowering my Ranged or Defence significantly, and they only rarely get lowered. A single restore potion is enough to deal with this and dirt cheap. I've tried using prayer but I get diseased through it anyways sometimes. Safespotting would mean my summon would not attack which really isn't an option now that I've found how much faster it makes it.

The nice thing about this spot is that it is *so close* to the Castlewars mini obelisk, so you can constantly use your familiar's special which, for me, makes the Overlord almost as good a damage dealer as I am with my adamant brutal arrows. I find that I run out of summoning points about the same time as I'm full up on bones and have to go back to bank anyways. I don't bother wasting money on scrolls, just use the "Drown" special which takes a summoning point or two.

So what I do is this: Go to castlewars. Put on the gear I described above, and take in my inventory 1 Duelling ring, 1 Restore potion, and one Karamthulhu Overlord pouch.

I run to the mini obelisk outside of Castlewars. Summon the Overlord. Refill summoning points immediately. Run to the Zogre area and start fighting.

While fighting, I always try to keep two Skogres or Zogres attacking me at all times or at least start the next one attacking me before the first one dies, so that the Overlord keeps fighting them back constantly without having to stop and realize that I'm in combat again, which takes 2-3 combat rounds. I make sure to approach the enemies and *NOT* let myself safespot them, so the Overlord doesn't think I'm out of combat and refuse to fight. I use the overlord's Drown attack every 20-30 seconds or so, I'm not sure of the exact delay between uses.

I keep an eye on my Defence and Ranged as the disease hits me. If either drops more than 8-10 points i drink a sip of restore, but most runs I won't take more than one or two sips and I've never needed more than four. I pick up drops between shots while still fighting.

Once I'm about 2-3 inventory spots from full, I start to use the keys on the coffin near the staircase, still letting the Zogres hit me so that my Overlord will continue attacking them, still using the Drown spec every few loots, and firing a few shots off if I have time between loots or if they get killed. I find that I'll kill another 4-6 Zogres after I first start looting, and then I'm full up.

I only keep bones of all kinds, grimy lantadymes, and charms. Everything else is junk and I drop it immediately. The damaged weapons and armor aren't worth the inventory space. Once I'm full, I use duelling ring teleport, deposit all, take out only a full restore potion and the duelling ring again, run out to the obelisk to refill summon points, and then go back to the Zogres for more. I get about 6-7 runs in the time I have the Overlord for, which is 44 minutes.

This method is actually very fun, because I'm being attacked by multiple enemies and have to juggle attacking them, picking up drops, using the Drown special, and watching my ranged and defence levels for disease damage, all the while in no serious danger of being hurt. With level 86 Defence and the gear I described, the most I've been hurt was down to 53/90 hitpoints but that was only after a full 44 minutes, just to see how much they could hurt me if I didn't eat and let a lot of them hit me constantly, sometimes three at a time. Even just eating a single tuna every run to Castlewars would make up for this.

The only downside to this method is that you end up diseased and with lowered stats. It doesn't really affect you while you're fighting, but once you're done and want to do something else, you might find that you need to drink a restore potion to have the magic level to use your teleports, or a super restore potion to use your skills again afterwards. I couldn't farm my herbs or trees until I took a sip of super restore.

My worst run was the one I actually paid attention to how much I made. I barely got any ancestral bones from the coffins, but still got a total of 240k worth of bones in 44 minutes, with my only costs being about 3 restore pots (1k), 100 adamant brutal arrows (10k) and the Karamthulhu overlord pouch (2k).

I started doing this in order to collect bones for prayer levels, and incidentally found a darned good way to get Ranged experience and make money. So far I've made just under a million worth of bones and I've just now steamlined my method. If anybody has any suggestions to do this even better I'd love to hear them.

Hogartus

Peace and LOVE!

Peace and LOVE!

Peace and LOVE!

-Vash the Stampede

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

:thumbsup:

This is fuuun. I would like to note, however, that when using the safespot by the crushed barricade there are zogres/skogres that will retreat and make you run after them, and it's pretty much impossible to tell which zogres/skogres will do that.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

• 1 month later...

I just discovered this today, and I must say that it is one of the more relaxing money making methods discussed on the forums :thumbsup: . One thing, I do think that I found a better safespot, located here:

[hide=Safespot]AncestralBones.png[/hide]

Right by a coffin, easy to run to once you attack them, and 3 mobs that won't retreat.

Other than that, all I have to say is that I love your guides, they have been soooo helpful in my rs career <3: .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Iv Been using this as a safe spot before and if you have a accumulator itll pick up the arrows. what you do is stand where im standing then, when the zombie is following you, move back like one or 2 spaces back. then just range em and theres a coffin right next to you.

[hide=Safespot]Safespot.jpg[/hide]

btw i think this is my first post

Edit:I used this before i saw the post above i just never felt like posting it and i didnt have a photobucket account