October 15th 2008 - PVP Worlds + Game Log In Improvements

darkjab

is it true that the reward system is like a pking grand exchange for what items people lose? like if you pk a rune plate, that means someone else just lost theirs. that's why you get a lot of drops like pots, recoil rings, runes, etc. and that nothing is actually taken into or brought out of the game so the market won't crash

Given the HUGE amounts of empty vials that are dropped to the ground, I doubt that's how it works.

58830.jpg

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems to be pretty fun. I killed my level 106 friend (no food, no pots, boxing) and got a Rune 2H and a Rune Full. Any other problems I have are those that would have existed in old school PKing, so I'm not really concerned about them.

I'm hoping I can find my friend and box him again. Maybe one of us will get corrupted dragon stuff.

Oddment1.png

This seems to be pretty fun. I killed my level 106 friend (no food, no pots, boxing) and got a Rune 2H and a Rune Full. Any other problems I have are those that would have existed in old school PKing, so I'm not really concerned about them.

I'm hoping I can find my friend and box him again. Maybe one of us will get corrupted dragon stuff.

Out of curiousity me and my friend did the same. Im a lvl 110 and he is lvl 105. i killed him and got only a vile and runes.... why is this?

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

PvP stinks like an old mans balls!!! :evil:

I just killed a level 116(my first kill), got rune 2h, rune full helm and rune kite. had 15hp left and got pjed. lost it all....

Jagex should make a rule that disallows people to pj you till 10 seconds or so after a battle.....

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Out of curiousity me and my friend did the same. Im a lvl 110 and he is lvl 105. i killed him and got only a vile and runes.... why is this?

I forgot to mention this, we both brought 25k cash with us (being the F2P minimum for good stuff).

Oddment1.png

I forgot to mention this, we both brought 25k cash with us (being the F2P minimum for good stuff).

my friend was wearing rune helm, rune legs, rune body and scimi(protect item prayer) and i was wearing full rune, 5kaddy arrows and 5mil cash.....

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

It is so stupid that there are actually random events on these worlds.

In a fight? Almost won? Opponent using a dfs? You're in luck then because that will become a hefty drop for you. Oh, been teleported by molly have you? Oh..

Lol same thing happned to me, but it saved my [wagon]

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

It feels so good to pk again, even though it is a little... 'lacking' when it comes to proper drops.

Meh, +1 jagex.

The one-item'ers that suicide, run out of the bank, and suicide again are a real turn off though -.-

Creator288.png2763.gif

It is so stupid that there are actually random events on these worlds.

In a fight? Almost won? Opponent using a dfs? You're in luck then because that will become a hefty drop for you. Oh, been teleported by molly have you? Oh..

PvP stinks like an old mans balls!!! :evil:

I just killed a level 116(my first kill), got rune 2h, rune full helm and rune kite. had 15hp left and got pjed. lost it all....

Jagex should make a rule that disallows people to pj you till 10 seconds or so after a battle.....

This.

Teleport in pvp worlds in a let down. :thumbdown:

And it would be much batter if a solo lvl 120's can attack lower lvl's without going deep into the wilderness. lol, solo pk suicide mission. Guess i got to stick with the boring 104+ lvl's. #-o

Pvp worlds so far so good though.

my friend was wearing rune helm, rune legs, rune body and scimi(protect item prayer) and i was wearing full rune, 5kaddy arrows and 5mil cash.....

Isn't that a little....(how should I put it)..extreme, in the sense that in another post, you said that you lost 3 Red Halloween mask and 50 million due to being keylogged, and that afterwards you were being 'stingy with your money'? :roll:

And here you are with a 5 million geepee inventory and 5k Addy arrows just for a PvP fight......:?

'wow'..... *impressed* :^o

Isn't that a little....(how should I put it)..extreme, in the sense that in another post, you said that you lost 3 Red Halloween mask and 50 million due to being keylogged, and that afterwards you were being 'stingy with your money'? :roll:

And here you are with a 5 million geepee inventory and 5k Addy arrows just for a PvP fight......:?

wait... he protected his items, not losing a single one... and this kid wonders why he only got a few cheap items when he killed his friend who lost NOTHING?

I'm just really glad that there's now a use for the massive amounts of food and potions that people produce while skilling. Without pvp, the only people who really needed that kind of stuff were slayers and boss hunters. Most non-slayer, normal monsters don't require enough healing and stat boosting to make much of a dent in the supply that was being made, especially since a lot of people who stuck around turned to skilling to pass the time.

In short: Hurrah for the return of the skiller-pker economic relationship! :D

wait... he protected his items, not losing a single one... and this kid wonders why he only got a few cheap items when he killed his friend who lost NOTHING?

They probably missed the post with the mod saying that the opponent had to have a minimum of 25k lost, as well. I'm pretty sure nothing was in the news post about the opponent's loss on death affecting it. At least, I don't recall it, and I read through the whole post.

Owner of quest cape since December of 2006

wherzwaldo1.png

I'm just really glad that there's now a use for the massive amounts of food and potions that people produce while skilling. Without pvp, the only people who really needed that kind of stuff were slayers and boss hunters. Most non-slayer, normal monsters don't require enough healing and stat boosting to make much of a dent in the supply that was being made, especially since a lot of people who stuck around turned to skilling to pass the time.

In short: Hurrah for the return of the skiller-pker economic relationship! :D

They probably missed the post with the mod saying that the opponent had to have a minimum of 25k lost, as well. I'm pretty sure nothing was in the news post about the opponent's loss on death affecting it. At least, I don't recall it, and I read through the whole post.

nah it was in the update, you had to actually read the "pvp game rules" part to find out.

How can I increase my chances of getting good drops?

Several factors determine the value of the drops you can receive. These include, but are not limited to: your Combat level, your opponents' Combat level, the value of items you are carrying, the value of items your opponent was carrying, how long you have survived in a dangerous area on the PvP world, how many players you have killed on the PvP world recently, and whether you are in a hot zone.

Drops will improve if you are carrying at least 75,000 coins' worth of items (or 25,000 coins' worth on a free world) that you will lose if you die - your three most valuable items are not included in this. To get better drops, your victim must also lose at least 25,000 coins' worth of equipment.

Note that if you risk significantly more than 75,000 coins in items, your drops will not improve further, nor will they improve if your opponent loses 25 million coins' worth of items - the values are minimum boundaries.

Mmm hmm -.- Protected item + 3 Best items (when not skulled) doesn't count into 25k value worth of 'risk' items. That's assuming if the friend is not 'skulled'.

Then again, it's kinda silly to be having 5m geepee and 5k Adam arrows in the inventory just for this 'test' since having more than 25k (f2p) or 75k(p2p) doesn't affect how fast your chance of better drops come, according to the KB... :roll:

nah it was in the update, you had to actually read the "pvp game rules" part to find out.

Several factors determine the value of the drops you can receive. These include, but are not limited to: your Combat level, your opponents' Combat level, the value of items you are carrying, the value of items your opponent was carrying, how long you have survived in a dangerous area on the PvP world, how many players you have killed on the PvP world recently, and whether you are in a hot zone.

Drops will improve if you are carrying at least 75,000 coins' worth of items (or 25,000 coins' worth on a free world) that you will lose if you die - your three most valuable items are not included in this. To get better drops, your victim must also lose at least 25,000 coins' worth of equipment.

Note that if you risk significantly more than 75,000 coins in items, your drops will not improve further, nor will they improve if your opponent loses 25 million coins' worth of items - the values are minimum boundaries.

Whoops, thanks for straightening that out :)

wherzwaldo1.png

Whoops, thanks for straightening that out :)

the part that is still up for grabs is the 25k on death or 75k... seeing as they say here that your opponent only needs 25k on them for you to get the maximum possible drop... but they may just be talking about f2p and forgot to mention it. jagex has done things like that in the past so it's to be expected.

the part that is still up for grabs is the 25k on death or 75k... seeing as they say here that your opponent only needs 25k on them for you to get the maximum possible drop... but they may just be talking about f2p and forgot to mention it. jagex has done things like that in the past so it's to be expected.

Yeah, I wondered that, too... And since the drops are random, regardless, it'd be difficult to test it. Just look at how difficult it is to check the Ring of Wealth's influence, and that's even already knowing the drop tables. :?

wherzwaldo1.png

You can fix the drops but it requires 2 friends and quite a small sum of money (you need to drop 75K).

Basically, P1 never dies (P2 always does).

P2 must take 4 Scimitars (rune, rounded down) and repeatedly die to P1.

P1 must fight P3 (after a few kills) P1 must win.

Bobs your uncle, keep repeating that (the more P's you have the better) and you'll eventually get a decent drop, profiting on.

Its not a risk at all.... I knew i was going to win, so whats the problem?

And i think i finally got it into my thick skull. Your opponent actually has to LOOSE something for you to GAIn something :wall:

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Quick Question: As a f2p player, is there any incentive to use pvp worlds for things other than pking besides the fun factor and the ability to get into bar fights ;) and such?

Not that I expect there to be, I've just heard stuff about extra experience for training on these worlds, even without the brawling gloves. I haven't found anything to confirm or deny this, but I'm just curious :)

Quick Question: As a f2p player, is there any incentive to use pvp worlds for things other than pking besides the fun factor and the ability to get into bar fights ;) and such?

Not that I expect there to be, I've just heard stuff about extra experience for training on these worlds, even without the brawling gloves. I haven't found anything to confirm or deny this, but I'm just curious :)

No extra experience but training spots are almost empty on worlds like 62.