The Leviathan + ICYENE cape

Triquos

well that fire cape special is basically a clone of the bgs, so that sounds a bit dodgy

if the icyene cape hits like vengeance, a 70 from a dharoker wouldnt recoil 35, as i do believe it affects the original hit not the boosted damage from special/dharoks

to whoever said it above, i agree entirely that icyene cape should be more useful, but i suspect people would choose a god cape/accumulator over it for range/mage much of the time

I'm open to suggestions ;)

2vuhgcn.png

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well that fire cape special is basically a clone of the bgs, so that sounds a bit dodgy

if the icyene cape hits like vengeance, a 70 from a dharoker wouldnt recoil 35, as i do believe it affects the original hit not the boosted damage from special/dharoks

to whoever said it above, i agree entirely that icyene cape should be more useful, but i suspect people would choose a god cape/accumulator over it for range/mage much of the time

My suggestion for range/mage bonuses on the Icyene cape were actually geared more towards hybrid PKers, or hybrid DKers.

I also don't think that the capes should have specials at all. The Fire Cape is the best cape in the game. Don't fix what ain't broke. ;)

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Ok i'll add range and mage bonuses instead, and ditch the hidden specials \' seems a bit pointless having specials on capes anyway, not to mention I can't really give the icyene cape a freezing ability when the talisman would do that, making it double trouble :?

2vuhgcn.png

Support,

Looks good, could be a nice way of making harmony island a little more frequently visted,

Only thing i dont like:

The icebergs on the cape, imo it would look awesome with just the water effect. Maybe a white or icy trim down the side would look better. Just my opinion.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

My suggestion for range/mage bonuses on the Icyene cape were actually geared more towards hybrid PKers, or hybrid DKers.

I also don't think that the capes should have specials at all. The Fire Cape is the best cape in the game. Don't fix what ain't broke. ;)

well i used to go dks a lot, personally i found not having to bother picking up bolts too valuable, and if i am ranging and maging (aka tribrid) i use guthix cape for charge - i suppose high-end pkers might risk it however

and i'm no good at coming up with a good suggestion (i realise it is hard), i can just do the critisizing of the current one :P

Chapp3rs.png

Heh np, I was second guessing the range and mage bonus being added last night and thought it would kindo ruin it, so I thought how about it acts the same way as the ava's accumulator?

That way you'd have the stats from the cape, as well as not having to worry about picking up your arrows? It could be like a magnetic force or something within the cape \'

Also I won't remove the icebergs as it makes it looks a little different to the fire cape :)

I was also thinking that if you have both the fire and icyene cape, you could then go back to the tzhaar guy near the fight caves and receive an upgraded version of the fire cape. It would be flowing lava (as normal) but with massive chunks of ash on the cape, so it looks even more lava-like \' this would be a major trying to make it in photoshop but I could try lol :P

Edit: I'm changing it so that the icyene cape WILL have the ava's accumulator effect without the random junk that it chucks in your inventory.

Note: As long as you have an icyene cape, the fire cape will adapt itself so that it too will have the ava's accumulator effect.

If you only have the fire cape, it will NOT work, you must have the icyene cape or both capes in order for the effect to work.

I've removed the dragonfire apparatus as it wasn't necessarily needed and didn't make much sense anyway, this basically has become the icyene cape's effect anyway so either way it's still in there really \'

2vuhgcn.png

support =]

gonna put it in my sig later :twss:

Awesome ty muchly!! \'

Edit: I've come up with a new tradable drop as people mentioned in the RSOF that all the good drops are untradable, making people just get them and never return to the leviathans! I certainly don't want it to be like this, so to encourage slayers to keep on slaying them i'm adding in the Slayer Headress.

The Slayer Headress will be a crimson coloured masked headress that will boost your attack, strength, defence, magic AND range by 18% when fighting monsters on your slayer task!

I did a drawing a while ago which I thought would go perfectly with a slayer cape so here it is =D it's the crimson helmet looking thing ;) i'll get to work on transparentising the background and then adding it into the guide, but for now you can see what the Slayer Headress looks like in the meantime \'

99slayerhy1.png

I'll also add in an inventory version of the Slayer Headress at some stage too :thumbup:

Edit 2: finished slayer headress inventory icon \'

slayerheadressiconeo6.png

2vuhgcn.png

love it a few sugestions though...

maby tone down the level of the dark leviathan from the quest a bit because lots of questers are going to be really mad lol

maby have a leviathin egg drop for summoning :thumbsup:

maby adding a few miniquests after you finish the quest??

maby the varrock muesum would wan't a fossile of these dragons and would give a reward of a ancient talismen that will let you breath underwater because the idea of combining helms and fishbowl helm just doesn't seem right.

and maby make a reward of making ice breath potions after another miniquest. maby theres a rare plant in the cave that is needed for the potion that will then be grown by maby a gnome in the grandtree or village. because ice breath is not fully blocked and ice breath potions would make wyverners really happy :thumbup:

edit-- just realised how much this topic is like my avatar lol

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

agree add me to list, even tho my stats arent even close. im tired of ppl thinking their fire cape is soooooo good.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

love it a few sugestions though...

maby tone down the level of the dark leviathan from the quest a bit because lots of questers are going to be really mad lol

maby have a leviathin egg drop for summoning :thumbsup:

maby adding a few miniquests after you finish the quest??

maby the varrock muesum would wan't a fossile of these dragons and would give a reward of a ancient talismen that will let you breath underwater because the idea of combining helms and fishbowl helm just doesn't seem right.

and maby make a reward of making ice breath potions after another miniquest. maby theres a rare plant in the cave that is needed for the potion that will then be grown by maby a gnome in the grandtree or village. because ice breath is not fully blocked and ice breath potions would make wyverners really happy :thumbup:

edit-- just realised how much this topic is like my avatar lol

Ty both of you ^_^

Hmm yes the dark levia dragon's level is high, in fact it would be the highest level dragon in RS =D I wanted it to be really high lol, I don't think i'll change it though as it's only high because of its hitpoints level, although i'll still look into this. Actually now I think about it I haven't included any drops/stats for the dark levia dragon too #-o i'll get onto that soon, very busy atm :oops:

A leviathan egg is a brilliant idea! I'll definitely do that! TY!! Maybe it could be between 70 - 90 summoning and train magic =D

Hmm miniquests... what sort and what would they do =D I think there's already too many rewards from this idea lol :oops:

Hmm varrock museum.. fossils.. that's a great idea. In fact it could hint towards the Archaeology skill \' and also drop fossils which could be handed in for decent amounts of prayer exp. Also about the ancient talisman, that's a great idea. I personally think it would be frustrating to combine fishbowl helms with normal helms and stuff anyway so I think I could find a way to incorporate that into the ancient ring =D

Hmm a miniquest that has icebreath potions. That seems good but apparently the DFS blocks icebreath 100%. But a miniquest involving ghosts or something may be good, they could be ghosts underwater that got eaten alive, has been dwelling in the cave for centuries, and needs help to crossover into the spiritual realm :o

TY for your input =D i'll do some research. Definitely adding in a leviathan egg and familiar =D nice ideas :thumbup: ah forgot to say, I made a realistic blue summoning ring (you know when you summon/call your familiar, it has a blue ring that appears at the bottom of them) that has been dying to be used for something so this is the perfect opportunity! The only trouble is making a leviathan in photoshop :x this might take a while lol ;)

2vuhgcn.png

np

i was thinking for the fossiles that the varrock museum learns of the discovery of the leviathan and that they would like a complete skeleton to study, and then you would have to go collecting bones from them until you have a complete set, then the curator will clean out the storage room to make room for the skeleton and find an ancient talismen of water breathing in there and notices your curriosity in it and gives it to you. but until you complete this mini quest you have to use fishbowl helm.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

np

i was thinking for the fossiles that the varrock museum learns of the discovery of the leviathan and that they would like a complete skeleton to study, and then you would have to go collecting bones from them until you have a complete set, then the curator will clean out the storage room to make room for the skeleton and find an ancient talismen or water breathing in there and notices your curriosity in it and gives it to you. but until you complete this mini quest you have to use fishbowl helm.

Ah, it could work like the rag and bone man quest, finding them all then cleaning them all and handing them to him =D this could work well :thumbup: well, here's the leviathan egg and familiar \' I might try and make an example of it actually in the game but I think i'll fail lol :lol:

egg2tz9.png

[hide=huge pic]leviathanfamiliarvi8.png[/hide]

It's not exactly a wow factor, I rushed it because I found out it was A LOT more work than I expected - so I haven't put as much detail in as i'd like to, so really it's just a rough idea. If I have time I could try doing a drawing, usually my drawings are a lot more imaginative and photoshop can sometimes restrict you from what you're real idea of it is.

2vuhgcn.png

Hey guys =D ty for your support

I regret to say I won't be able to keep my thread on the RSOF anymore as i'm quitting runescape :cry: i've been disconnecting 30+ times a day for the past 6 months and we've finally found the problem, but we have to change internet providers, but it will cost $30++ a month just to do it and my parents said they won't do it, so my time is up on RS =(

I'll still work on the last few ideas on here but when they are finished, so am I, unfortunately =( I give full permission for someone to take over the idea and its contents :thumbsup: and I truly hope one day this idea will be implemented :)

I may come back one day (when I have my own house, internet etc.) many things will have changed but that is the price of what has happened :( so good luck to you all and i'll get to work on the last few ideas :)

2vuhgcn.png

Terrible.

For one its max hits are far too low, being comparable to the KBD.

Cape is too strong.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Terrible.

Cape is too strong.

Wow thanks for calling my idea terrible. The cape is not too strong and the hitpoints are fine, thanks. I won't be changing them.

2vuhgcn.png

Terrible.

Cape is too strong.

Wow thanks for calling my idea terrible. The cape is not too strong and the hitpoints are fine, thanks. I won't be changing them.

Come now, proportionally this thing is far easier to get than the fire cape, and for its proportions its amazing, all you have to do is beat a monster that hits 20s to get a cape that is better than the obsidian cape, the cape IS too strong, I am sorry if I'm sounding like a jerk but, its true.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Terrible.

Cape is too strong.

Come now, proportionally this thing is far easier to get than the fire cape, and for its proportions its amazing, all you have to do is beat a monster that hits 20s to get a cape that is better than the obsidian cape, the cape IS too strong, I am sorry if I'm sounding like a jerk but, its true.

If spending a year getting 95 slayer is easier than someone getting a fire cape at 41 combat, then that's scary. Sorry but I find it hard to believe it is any easier whatsoever. Also they'd be like mithril dragons, whereby they're overpowered and you'd only get in a few kills per trip. This too, is not making them hard to get.

And I am offended because you don't realize how much time and effort has gone into this idea, especially making the pictures, re-doing BOTH guides everytime another good idea comes along (having to edit them both in WORD and on both forums - not easy!!) and creating a leviathan familiar out of thin air. For you to then come along and say my idea is terrible, yes it's an insult.

2vuhgcn.png

I like the idea but it monster sounds pretty weak for a good cape like that

make his hits like 40

and ability to freeze

stat drain

make it stronger

and is it teamable?

I think that would make it tremendously overpowered :? and only the dark levia dragon is teamable :) provided your team mates have 75 slayer + a dose of goutian potion or 95 slayer :thumbup:

I Haven't come up with the dark levia dragon and its stats but it would hit up to 30 with its melee attack. I haven't had time to make the stats up :-# but they're pretty much the same, just with a higher combat level, higher hp level, slightly bigger hits (30 with melee, 28 with range, 26 with mage etc.) and increased chances of the rare drops.

Update: My mum has spoken to our internet provider who was supposed to give us more internet allowance (bandwidth or something like that) last week but forgot about it #-o so in the next few days we should get a call as to whether they've ugpraded our system for 1 month. If it works and allows me to run RS smoothly, I may not quit, it depends if it works and how much extra $ per month it'll cost. If it makes no difference whatsoever, then my time will be up, i'll keep you guys updated on what happens when we get the call though.

2vuhgcn.png

Oh Awesome Headress, I support :thumbsup:

Ty =D

I've made a lot of changes today to even things up:

The leviathan no longer uses firebreath and icebreath - this is because it made the boss easier than the leviathan! This shouldn't be the case, so i've removed them completely. Also with 220hp, and the fact that they shouldn't be harder than a boss, evens things out so that they still take a while to kill, you just won't be completely OWNED with its 5 attacks, and having to weild an antidragonbreath/dragonfire shield.

The dark levia dragon has had the slayer headress drop removed, so that the leviathans keep this drop unique to level 95 slayer - this makes people go back to them not just for some one-off untradable talisman drops.

To compensate for this change, i've added fishing robes to the dark levia dragon's drop list. These unique robes increase your chance of catching a fish TWICE! This includes the exp of the 2nd fish! To make sure they don't drop to a ridiculously low amount, the fishing master will be willing to take the fishing robes off your hands for a large sum of shark.

Note that the drop rate of each fishing robe piece will be 1 in 250, so they'll be hard to get, but will also keep players interested in killing the dark levia dragon for more money!

Dark bones have also been added to the dark levia dragon's drop list. These ancient bones will give you 300 prayer exp when buried. This may not be significant, but when put on a fully insensed gilded altar, you may think again! These bones will be sought after all over runescape, and will come into stock very slowly because it is a boss and will take a while to kill! This also makes people want to hunt it down.

After reading kota's comment again i've risen the dark levia dragon's power so that it can hit a maximum of 34 with melee! This makes it extremely dangerous for a boss, as with 1 hit, even eating a shark, you'd still be down 14hp! This makes the boss lethal and risky - you may even have to teleport away if you get hit too much!

I forgot that I made the 2nd leviathan room multi-combat, but then I looked at the first room and remembered that that one wasn't multi-combat, so if you want to team some level 273 leviathans with some fellow 95+ slayer friends, by all means go ahead =D it would make getting a slayer headress even easier, considering they have 220hp I think they would take a while to kill despite them being a little easier to kill now, so this makes it fair ;)

2vuhgcn.png