Pking is bad but low-risk PvPs are cool

beethoven31

I dislike the update with pking worlds and anything that is high-risk because you can actually lose your items if you go there. Many pking fans and pkers would probably tell me "Just don't go there."

I will say that I am going there because I may want to hang around with some of my friends there but I run the risk of getting killed and also, it takes time for a safe zone to become safe again assuming that you were in a hot zone.

I will say that low-risk PvPs are fun because players can still fight each other and not worry about losing items. Duel Arena, Clan Wars, Castle Wars, Fist of Guthix, and even the Tzhaar fighting pits are good areas.

If you have an different opinion, feel free to post it here, but make it a reasonable argument. By that I mean, do not say "Your a noob because --" or "Pking is cool so go away!" but something like "I see your point because..." and "I do not agree with you because...".

One last thing, I will also be updating this topic when I have more time or the late future. ;)

I'm an ex pker, but the pking worlds aren't anything to be proud of. IMO they need to release 2 or 3 extra worlds, pvp everywhere, but safe. Somehow being able to carry on everything you could do in a regular world, plus the ability to kill off spawn stealers/half killers/whatever and sending them from my training spot to lumb seems to be infinitely more fun.

Might just be the fact that I've probably logged into RS for around 3 hours in the past week and whenever I get time I usually log into another game with open, safe, pvp everywhere. PvP for the sake of PvP is better than PvP for the sake of GPs, largely because the risk of items lures a bunch of cheeseball wannabes with protect prayers and one items into the pvp worlds.

I have never been much of a player killer but i will tell you my point of view...

Player killers use PVP world's because you get stuff from it (I got some sardines and a fire staff :wall: :uhh: ) so you can earn a profit. Some player-killers just like noobs losing all their stuff (I before E exept after c doesnt work!!!!) and some just like the risk.

Low risk is good because you can use your dragon stuff without worrying but also with a profit of - somthing

My username is jamesrules90 NOT jimmyjames227.

897093.gif

Click here to feed me!

A nice undieable one!!!

I dislike the update with pking worlds and anything that is high-risk because you can actually lose your items if you go there. Many pking fans and pkers would probably tell me "Just don't go there."

I will say that I am going there because I may want to hang around with some of my friends there but I run the risk of getting killed and also, it takes time for a safe zone to become safe again assuming that you were in a hot zone.

Wtf... so you're saying you want to go to a PvP world(a player vs player world(where you're supposed to kill people)) to hang out with friends? And you're complaining about the fact that you can die and lose all your stuff in a world where you're basically supposed to?

The fact of the matter is IT IS HIGH RISK and YOU CAN DIE AND LOSE ALL YOUR STUFF. So if you can't handle that DON'T GO THERE. I mean it's not like if you're gettin forced to go there, if you really wanna hang out with your friends that badly go over to their house or go into the world with nothing at all.

I'm still a bit confused at this rant so if I got it wrong can someone correct me... #-o

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

[hide=purfishx quote]

Wtf... so you're saying you want to go to a PvP world(a player vs player world(where you're supposed to kill people)) to hang out with friends? And you're complaining about the fact that you can die and lose all your stuff in a world where you're basically supposed to?

The fact of the matter is IT IS HIGH RISK and YOU CAN DIE AND LOSE ALL YOUR STUFF. So if you can't handle that DON'T GO THERE. I mean it's not like if you're gettin forced to go there, if you really wanna hang out with your friends that badly go over to their house or go into the world with nothing at all.

I'm still a bit confused at this rant so if I got it wrong can someone correct me... #-o

[/hide]

Pretty much my centiments on it,

There meant to be dangerous and high risk. If your not going there to Pk then theres very little point going there. If you like Low risk pvp then go to some of the ones you mentioned, this update was designed to replace the old High risk pvp and its done that quite well imo,

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Purfishx,

it may seem confusing at first, but the point is that some of my friends are pkers and if I would want to trade with them or hang out with them, then there is a good chance of getting killed, therefore, I just hoped that Jagex should make more safe zones or something like that, hope that clears up the confusion. ::'

I'm an ex pker, but the pking worlds aren't anything to be proud of. IMO they need to release 2 or 3 extra worlds, pvp everywhere, but safe. Somehow being able to carry on everything you could do in a regular world, plus the ability to kill off spawn stealers/half killers/whatever and sending them from my training spot to lumb seems to be infinitely more fun.

Raptor Jesus Christ that would be awesome. The whole "chop my tree and I'll chop you" doesn't really apply to pvp worlds because you run a high risk doing that. I'd love a world where the rule is "Be polite or the people you annoy send you to lumbridge for a time out".

Raptor Jesus Christ that would be awesome. The whole "chop my tree and I'll chop you" doesn't really apply to pvp worlds because you run a high risk doing that. I'd love a world where the rule is "Be polite or the people you annoy send you to lumbridge for a time out".

Bin. Go. That is possibly the best idea I have ever heard. I would LOVE if there were a couple of safe PVP worlds, with PK anywhere. That would be AWSOME :o

Seriously, I have never heard that good of an idea in a long time.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Bin. Go. That is possibly the best idea I have ever heard. I would LOVE if there were a couple of safe PVP worlds, with PK anywhere. That would be AWSOME :o

Explain that to me cuz I'm seeing lots of problems right now... unless you mean PvP but don't lose items...

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Explain that to me cuz I'm seeing lots of problems right now... unless you mean PvP but don't lose items...

Safe pvp. You keep your items.

Can see it, but what about the noobs who'll just run around attacking random people?

8888kev8888.jpeg

Can see it, but what about the noobs who'll just run around attacking random people?

What's wrong with that? It gives some excitement to grinding. Other games with systems like that work fine.

What's wrong with that? It gives some excitement to grinding. Other games with systems like that work fine.

It'd be fun for a time, but I'm sure that some people will be opposed to this.

Say someone is trying to do something important but then gets k0ed over and over again and can't finish what he wants to and then other people like skillers/newcomers who'd be easy targets for higher leveled bullies (unless there's a level cap) but I'm sure other people would just stay in normal worlds then.

Yeah, I support it, plus I'd be fun to just annoy people all day long :P .

8888kev8888.jpeg

Exactly, there are what, 130 safe worlds?

I know personally I would be on the safe pvp worlds 24/7 when leveling or skilling, but for the people that wouldn't care for that there are plenty of non-pvp worlds. It's a win-win situation that would add a lot in terms of gameplay.

Might just be the fact that I've probably logged into RS for around 3 hours in the past week and whenever I get time I usually log into another game with open, safe, pvp everywhere. PvP for the sake of PvP is better than PvP for the sake of GPs, largely because the risk of items lures a bunch of cheeseball wannabes with protect prayers and one items into the pvp worlds.

It would be difficult to moderate this privilege. For example, player A is fighting player B. Both are in the multicombat wild. Revs crash the duel. In that case, does the dead player(s) lose(s) his items? Too hard to tell. Second, players could also use the dueling system ot circumvent extremely strong monsters if monster were programed then on to not attack dueling players. These are only a few flaws in the free-for-all-no-risk in all worlds.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

It would be difficult to moderate this privilege. For example, player A is fighting player B. Both are in the multicombat wild. Revs crash the duel. In that case, does the dead player(s) lose(s) his items? Too hard to tell. Second, players could also use the dueling system ot circumvent extremely strong monsters if monster were programed then on to not attack dueling players. These are only a few flaws in the free-for-all-no-risk in all worlds.

What about drops? They're calculated based on who does the most damage. So, if a monster does more damage, they lose items. If another player does, they don't.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Man, I seriously hope you never design things for a living if you give up on stuff that easily.

Off the top of my head, they could code it so if you've taken any damage whatsoever from a player in the last 2 minutes you keep your items even if killed by a monster. And that's ignoring the fact that on our current pvp worlds there are no revs, since the constant risk of attack by players replaces them. I mean seriously, if Jagex spent some time, heck if I spent some time testing and working on something like this I could work most of the kinks out pretty quickly.

But that's one issue. You said this was just one, what are the rest?

I think the original idea of PvP worlds would be clans controlling territories; defending varrock castle, ravaging the countryside, etc. But people forgot what PvP is now: scared little players worrying about their pixels.

I do hope that they come out with these safe PvP worlds, that would be awesome.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Man, I seriously hope you never design things for a living if you give up on stuff that easily.

Off the top of my head, they could code it so if you've taken any damage whatsoever from a player in the last 2 minutes you keep your items even if killed by a monster. And that's ignoring the fact that on our current pvp worlds there are no revs, since the constant risk of attack by players replaces them. I mean seriously, if Jagex spent some time, heck if I spent some time testing and working on something like this I could work most of the kinks out pretty quickly.

I'm more leaning to the fact of the players' "Ok, which damage is that?" I've lost items in a pvp world on another mmorpg solely because I was flagged for pvp and got piled by an npc during the fight. I'm speaking from experience, but granted that company sucked pathetically in terms of customer service (worse than Jagex's) and item mall honesty.

I probably have bad experiences :boohoo:

But here's another example:

Player A has 100 hp. Player B inflicts 99 damage on them. Player A heals 99 hp. Player B resumes another 99 damage. Therefore, player B has technically done 198 damage. Even if an npc killed Player A at full hp, the player would not lose his or her items.

A good idea to not even worry about who loses items is have 2-3 worlds for p2p that are no-item-loss worlds and pvp anywhere. This would allow practice for clans wanting to do Corporal Beast as well as experiment in pvp with spells/weapon attacks. Free potions, runes, arrows, and food. The catch is that you gain no drops, experience, and all items gained are returned to a stall. In other words, these new worlds would be separate from the others in items. They would pretty much be considered "legit" private servers run by Jagex.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I have never been much of a player killer but i will tell you my point of view...

Player killers use PVP world's because you get stuff from it (I got some sardines and a fire staff :wall: :uhh: ) so you can earn a profit. Some player-killers just like noobs losing all their stuff (I before E exept after c doesnt work!!!!) and some just like the risk.

Low risk is good because you can use your dragon stuff without worrying but also with a profit of - somthing

Lol the reason you got crap was because the pvp drop tables depends on various elements

1.If you were in a hotzone it increases your chances of a higher drop

2.The level of the guy you fought, usually if it was higher you get more stuff

3. How much value each player is wearing

4. The Impressiveness of the kill

Usually if u kill a 1-itemer or someone with nothing on you get junk...

Except for one time where id been pkn for 1 hour without a kill and i killed a 94 who had nothing on and i got 122k worth of stuff :thumbsup:

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

I'm more leaning to the fact of the players' "Ok, which damage is that?" I've lost items in a pvp world on another mmorpg solely because I was flagged for pvp and got piled by an npc during the fight. I'm speaking from experience, but granted that company sucked pathetically in terms of customer service (worse than Jagex's) and item mall honesty.

I probably have bad experiences :boohoo:

But here's another example:

Player A has 100 hp. Player B inflicts 99 damage on them. Player A heals 99 hp. Player B resumes another 99 damage. Therefore, player B has technically done 198 damage. Even if an npc killed Player A at full hp, the player would not lose his or her items.

A good idea to not even worry about who loses items is have 2-3 worlds for p2p that are no-item-loss worlds and pvp anywhere. This would allow practice for clans wanting to do Corporal Beast as well as experiment in pvp with spells/weapon attacks. Free potions, runes, arrows, and food. The catch is that you gain no drops, experience, and all items gained are returned to a stall. In other words, these new worlds would be separate from the others in items. They would pretty much be considered "legit" private servers run by Jagex.

Honestly, that sounds like a really boring world. The idea behind it is being able to defend your abby demons and chase off people stealing your mining rocks.

Unlike WoW, the average training monsters in RS are not that dangerous, so this wouldn't be that much of an issue unless the player is sitting at 2 hp - and if he is and he gets killed, the 2 minute pvp rule would come into play and he would keep his items. As for the boss monsters like the Corporal Beast and the GWD, that's just one of the added risks of working on a pvp world. And don't forget, if a GWD team gets jumped if the enemy does so much as one hp of damage, they keep their items.

I don't really see much of an issue, but maybe I'm missing something.

• 2 weeks later...

Then don't expect, just watch. If you open a can of worms, but don't like what you see, remember, your still the one that opened it. Any hot-button issue will usually bring about a myriad of opinions.

In my opinion, PvP worlds ruined the wild on non-pvp worlds. The return of pvp motivated the return of the teleport block spell, a new personal favorite for revs. So even though I'm not big on pvp worlds and don't really go to them, I can still be a victim because now it's even harder to survive a rev attack in deep wilderness. Which I found to be an unbearable pain whilst trying to get my ghostly robes. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just spell book teleports, but it includes jewelery and levers as well.