Info on new PvP weapons

Dragonlordjl

Statius' Warhammer:

Attacks at 4-speed (battle axe), is one handed, and the special uses 50%. With a rune defender, it has 141 crush attack and 119 strength. I am unsure if the defense lowering part of the special stacks.

Vesta's Longsword:

Attacks at 5-speed, is one handed, the special uses 25%. This weapon is far more powerful than ANY godsword. Its max hit is about 3-5 damage less than the GS and about 12 damage less than the AGS with its special attack, but the special is more accurate than the AGS spec and you get four of them. With a rune defender, it has 126 stab/140 slash and 123 strength. Though it hits less normally than the GS, it's more accurate (gasp) and strikes ~4 times for every three GS hits.

Morrigan's Javelin:

Attacks at 5-speed on rapid, is one-handed, and the special uses 50%. This is by far the most powerful ranged weapon in the game, as the special hits up to around 56 damage and then hits 5 damage at dart speed (1.2s/hit) until it doubles the damage dealt by the original special attack. So if you hit a 52 with the special, it will hit 5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-2 while you continue to attack. If you use both specs, the damage is combined... So if you hit a 56 with both specs (God help your opponent) you would do an additional 112 damage over the next 27.6 seconds. These Javelins can also be poisoned. With a Zamorak Book, it has 113 ranged attack.

As you can see, all of these weapons provide serious competition against the fabled AGS in PvP. The VLS easily wins over the AGS, and the SWH is about even. I disagree with the 1 hour limit on all of the armor, but the weapons DEFINITELY need it.

Just as a note, the MJ special can only be used on other players. I am unsure about the other two specs. The ranged weapons do not degrade, as they are thrown and sometimes break. The other weapons degrade after one hour in combat, regardless of if it is a PvP world or not. Oh, and Corrupt Weapons do not have special attacks and last fifteen minutes starting from the moment you equip them.

td2sig.jpg

But they're untradable?

Still doesn't fix pking for me: I used to pk for MONEY: so I can supply my other fun things like boss hunting at low levels etc...

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

The timer only starts upon equipping it with the CORRUPT weapons. The normal weapons work identically to Barrows items, except that they last 1/16 of the time (Barrows lasts 16 hours, right? Or was it 15... You get the point, though) and cannot be repaired.

I really saw no point in giving info on Zuriel's Staff, considering everything you want to know can be found in the KB.

Also, the items are tradable as long as you do not use them. Once they have been used, they cannot be traded or repaired to make them able to be traded.

td2sig.jpg

i have a better idea for how they deegrade. Why not make it so you can only do 100 spec's no time limit it if you operate it, it would say how many spec's it has left. When all specs are depleated it could either crumple to dust or just not be able to use the spec again.

Yeah I can't spell get over it!

groeschen1.png

i have a better idea for how they deegrade. Why not make it so you can only do 100 spec's no time limit it if you operate it, it would say how many spec's it has left. When all specs are depleated it could either crumple to dust or just not be able to use the spec again.

Nope... The weapons, even without specials, are very powerful. You can hit 50+ with the VLS without using specials, at slightly slower than whip speed. If they didn't degrade, it'd destroy several facets of the game. Boss Killing would become far easier, whips would become obsolete, combat 99s would become even less prestigious... Etc.

Here was an idea I had for making the weapons more versatile:

It would require a certain amount of money for each "level" of reinforcement (excluding the maximum reinforcement), along with a smithing level that could not be aided through assistance. You could only reinforce a specific piece of armor once every 2 days. Each stage of reinforcement would be tradable, so long as it hadn't be used.

crude reinforcement- 50 smithing + 2000k: +1 hour

low-quality reinforcement- 60 smithing +1500k: +2 hours

flawed reinforcement- 70 smithing +1000k: +3 hours

tarnished reinforcement- 80 smithing + 750k: +4 hours

imperfect reinforcement- 90 smithing + 500k: +6 hours

perfect reinforcement- 99 smithing + 250k: +8 hours

td2sig.jpg

But they're untradable?

Still doesn't fix pking for me: I used to pk for MONEY: so I can supply my other fun things like boss hunting at low levels etc...

Tradable and can be bought in GE.

Nope... The weapons, even without specials, are very powerful. You can hit 50+ with the VLS without using specials, at slightly slower than whip speed. If they didn't degrade, it'd destroy several facets of the game. Boss Killing would become far easier, whips would become obsolete, combat 99s would become even less prestigious... Etc.

Here was an idea I had for making the weapons more versatile:

It would require a certain amount of money for each "level" of reinforcement (excluding the maximum reinforcement), along with a smithing level that could not be aided through assistance. You could only reinforce a specific piece of armor once every 2 days. Each stage of reinforcement would be tradable, so long as it hadn't be used.

crude reinforcement- 50 smithing + 2000k: +1 hour

low-quality reinforcement- 60 smithing +1500k: +2 hours

flawed reinforcement- 70 smithing +1000k: +3 hours

tarnished reinforcement- 80 smithing + 750k: +4 hours

imperfect reinforcement- 90 smithing + 500k: +6 hours

perfect reinforcement- 99 smithing + 250k: +8 hours

That was odd i looked at it quoted and it was a entier diffrent message. :thumbsup:

I think that is a little step maby 200k for 1 hour becuse that 1 hour has to last you 14 days. Your are right becuse my idea looking back on it would allow for it to become the ultiment traning wep so not he best idea. Although i still think you price is insanly high fo 1-3 hours and insanly low for 4-6. I understand that the lvl is really hard to get and all.

Yeah I can't spell get over it!

groeschen1.png

I realized I had entered some wrong info about the Javelin, so I fixed that.

@Boat, the cost evens out due to the money most people spend getting those smithing levels. It's meant to reward the die-hard players who raised their smithing that high.

td2sig.jpg

AGS doesn't cost 10m for one hour.

Correct. It's therefore more versatile than the VLS, but the VLS is still far more dangerous to come up against in PvP.

Yes, and think about people buying the sword just for major/intense fights. Even though I wouldn't suggest buying these weapons for a one hour time limit, It would be great for those people with the money once the item price settles at a more reasonable price for certain activities. If they are as great as you say, then it could be amazing for people who want the AGS for a boss battle, and then can have it for one hour and completely own at GWD for example.

Yet, you could always borrow an AGS for possibly free from a friend, and thus, I completely contradict myself.

However, these weapons do should some possibility to being amazing weapons. One thing I want to know is if the timer goes down even while you aren't in combat. So if you have it equipped just for show does it go down? And if it does, can un-equipping it stop the timer or does it still degrade?

I personally think the weapons/armor should have been untradeable, and have the timer yet be repairable. even making the repair cost amazingly high like 10x the barrows repair costs would be better than making a 10m weapon completely disappear after an hour of use. -.-

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

I think what a lot of people fail to realize is that Jagex did a pretty good job setting these item prices. If they had been set to a projected "reasonable" price, everyone would be complaining that they were impossible to buy on the GE for like 1-5m or whatever the "reasonable" price is. Jagex definitely compensated for what players want, and I think the price range definitely reflects the "new item rush" that people always have.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON