Windows 7

Nadril

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds interesting, I'm interested particularly in what your "Friend" thinks of the new UI. :)

Well, it turns out that he got ripped and ended up with a crappy version that didn't have the new taskbar :|

It looks, runs, and feels like vista. He's going to try to find another one now :P

Tell you "friend" to enable the new features.

Edit: [hide=Few pics]New taskbar with thumbnails

taskbarxc6.png

You can use small icons too

smalliconszc4.png

New calc, very useful for programmers (it actually is in programmer mode)

newcalcvi1.png[/hide]

Sounds interesting, I'm interested particularly in what your "Friend" thinks of the new UI. :)

Well, it turns out that he got ripped and ended up with a crappy version that didn't have the new taskbar :|

It looks, runs, and feels like vista. He's going to try to find another one now :P

You sir, are awesome. I still don't like it much more than vista, though. :|

Edit: [hide=Few pics]New taskbar with thumbnails

taskbarxc6.png

You can use small icons too

smalliconszc4.png

New calc, very useful for programmers (it actually is in programmer mode)

newcalcvi1.png[/hide]

Lol, what have they done to the calculator? It looks fat! Seems to have some nice features nevertheless.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I've been running it for two days now...and it's great. Automatically installed EVERY driver that I needed (including printer drivers). It boots up and shuts down quickly. It uses almost twice as much memory as XP idle, but the CPU usage is slightly lower. It has many more services enabled by default. However, having 2GB+ of RAM means you won't even notice it.

It runs very well overall. I've been looking around, and there are some very nice new features. I enabled the new "superbar" on the bottom. The search function is also incredibly useful now (start, search). I've got google chrome installed and it feels great.

I'd upload a pic but image shack's being feisty right now. Once I get back from classes, maybe.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

This is the calculator in standard mode

[hide=Image hidden during quoting, click to view...]stdcalcva0.png[/hide]

It also comes with unit conversion. What would have been cool is currency conversion directly linked to some database on internet.

Pardon my asking, but ... What the #$%@ is a "BS" button on a Windows 7 Calculator?!?!?!? :o (Honestly, I've never seen THAT before!)

<<<Quote Snip>>>

I'd upload a pic but image shack's being feisty right now. Once I get back from classes, maybe.

Argh... Just use PhotoBucket.com already, and save all of us headaches, yourself included!!! <.< (What is it with everyone and ImageShack lately?!?!? If you're doing it right, PhotoBucket is far more impressive!)

~D. V. "Ehhhhhhh... What?!?" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Where can you go download it? I was going to wait for the Beta in December, but I kind of would want to try it before lol.

I think they haven't released any public betas yet, those come early next year. So, you'll have to go somewhere else lol.

Pardon my asking, but ... What the #$%@ is a "BS" button on a Windows 7 Calculator?!?!?!? :o (Honestly, I've never seen THAT before!)

I think that is back-space button, might be wrong tho.

Gah, now i got a bit disappointed about MS and Win7.

Microsoft won't support Hybrid SLI&CrossFire from scratch, they force Amd/Nvidia to make it work. Not that i use hybrid, but i don't see why... It works well in XP/Vista.

http://www.custompc.co.uk/news/605145/h ... osoft.html

It still looks behind OSX leopard

EDIT: And i say that as someone who has a macbook pro with OSX leopard and very much prefers the interface to windows. I dont know whether my next pc purchase will be mac or another windows based gaming rig and i was hoping that windows 7 would be much more drastic a change than this and they would rethink there ui instead of adding shiny glass, which im not really fond of

tifsdac6mc.gif

You're assuming that MS isn't going to make any UI changes until the version after 7, whatever that would be. Look at this picture of Longhorn:

Windows_Vista_Beta_1_Desktop.jpg

And now think about what Vista looks like. That much of a difference.

They will drastic changes before the release. I can promise you.

C2b6gs7.png

I was going to buy Vista next month...should I wait?

No, unless you are patient enough to wait till Holiday 2009 to get Windows 7. It also depends what operating system you have now, if you have XP and just want to upgrade the OS, it's not really worth it.

goldenblade995.png