Red Hot Chili Peppers - future styles?

woopidoo2

They said that they wanted to take it easy for a while, and they might release a new album somewhere next year.

Flea also said that he is teaching himself 'new styles', cant wait to hear it.

What would you prefer,

a new album just like Stadium Arcadium (Soft, some 'rock' but mainly cooled down and relax)

or something like 'Californication', 'By the way' (Rock, both albums contain worldwide hits)

or maybe like 'One hot Minute' and 'Blood Sugar Sex Magik' ? (Funk and Rock, energetic and wild)

or even older like 'Freaky Styley' or 'Uplift Mofo Party Plan' (Funk)

I dont think they will ever return to the 'funk era', to be honest. :(

Im not sure if lots of people know all these albums, but I wanted to ask this anyway.

I do hope they release something less 'mainstream' than Stadium Arcadium, I prefer their older albums above the newest.

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

I'm not too familiar with all their albums, however I do know a few of their songs, and although somewhat mainstream, I still enjoy them. I'm not a great fan of the Red Hot Chilli's, but I like to listen to songs such as By the way, Can't stop, The zephyr song, and Around the world (a Daft Punk cover I believe) :thumbup:

I personally loved Stadium Arcadium, it's rare that I can listen to an entire album without skipping a song, and the fact that it's a double album is just incredible. But I wouldn't want another album like it, and that's half because I don't think I could stomach all the haters screaming "SELLOUTS!"

By the Way is my favorite album. It's the softest, but it's just so good. I do dislike "Universally Speaking" though. I skip that one. But "Can't Stop" is my favorite song of all time.

If they could go back to the style of Californication without John's impaired guitar playing (from his addictions), that is something I would want to hear for a new album.

They will never revisit One Hot Minute. It's an underrated album, but the band refuses to play any of those songs in concert or really talk about that era at all. Plus they didn't have John.

Blood Sugar Sex Magik is amazing, and I would love to see some funk predominant in a new album.

And earlier than that (Mother's Milk, Mofo, Freaky Styley, RHCP) I'm not particularly a fan of and neither, I believe, are the band. Although Mother's Milk has it's moments.

But most likely they'll surprise us all, and I have complete faith that whatever the tenth album turns out to be it won't disappoint.

p2gq.jpg

I personally loved Stadium Arcadium, it's rare that I can listen to an entire album without skipping a song, and the fact that it's a double album is just incredible.

Do you also like 'If'?

I cant believe they put it on the album while they have so many B-sides (posted on Youtube) that sound much better.

carsignatureis3.jpg

I forgot about that song :lol: Eh, I can listen to it. I agree that there were many good B-sides that should have been on the album. If I remember right the Snow ((Hey Oh)) EP had the best ones.

p2gq.jpg

I would love if they came out with another album similarly styled to BSSM. This is probably my favorite album of theirs. That album will be in my heart forever. It's just total greatness.

I'm also a big fan of One Hot Minute even if the band didn't include John at the time. It's just a wild and, at some times, random cd that is fun overall to listen to. I doubt they will create another album in that style, but one can dream right?

I wouldn't complain if they did another Stadium Arcadium either though. Like NOM, I can listen to the cd all the way through.

I wasn't a huge fan of Californication except the songs that eventually became popular. I've tried to enjoy the rest of the cd, but it's just hard for me.

I know I'm dreaming again, but I would absolutely love if they came out with a "throw-back" cd and went back to their funky side in Freaky Styley and Mofo Party. I recently got What Hits?! and really enjoyed the old material.

All in all, any new RHCP stuff is a plus.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Stadium Arcadium is good but I would like it if they released something that sounded like a mix of Californication/By The Way/BSSM :D

I trust their new style will be good though :thumbsup:

I did hear that they wouldn't release anything at least until 2010+. But it would be good if they had something due for release next year.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

I did hear that they wouldn't release anything at least until 2010+. But it would be good if they had something due for release next year.

According to a Youtube comment (the most untrustable source ever, I know), someone said: ''I heard they got to writing last September, so i'd say fall next year for a new album. ''

And John Frusciante will release an album at 01/20/09, according to another comment.

Lets see what happens that day, I will buy it for sure once its available.

carsignatureis3.jpg

And John Frusciante will release an album at 01/20/09, according to another comment.

Yup! ::'

User

4 Nov 2008, 07:34 The Empyrean (upcoming album)

The Empyrean, John's new record, will be released worldwide via Record Collection on January 20th 2009!

Tracks:

1. Before The Beginning

2. Song To The Siren

3. Unreachable

4. God

5. Dark/Light

6. Heaven

7. Enough Of Me

8. Central

9. One More Of Me

10. After The Ending

Personnel:

* John Frusciante vocals, acoustic and electric guitar.

* Josh Klinghoffer Drums

* Flea - Bass

* Johnny Marr Guitar

* New Dimension Singers

* Sonus Quartet

* Ryan Hewitt - Recording Engineer

* Adam Samuels - Recording Engineer

Then hopefully they get the whole band in the recording studio.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

According to a Youtube comment (the most untrustable source ever, I know), someone said: ''I heard they got to writing last September, so i'd say fall next year for a new album. ''

Yeah according to Wikipedia they planned to get together in September of this year and plan a new album but I don't think it happened.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/soundbo ... reshm.html

According to Flea they are on a 2 year hiatus. I don't know if that's from now, or from 2006 when they released SA. If it is from 2006 then lets hope you're right \'

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010