Jard_Y_Dooku

All this talk about the special November Grandmaster quest... when did they EVER say it was the 150th? As far as I can see, they didn't.

Finally, we'd like to let you in on a little secret we're currently working on our highest level, longest, most exciting quest ever. Not necessarily for launch in '08 (it's not something we want to rush, after all), its already had more development time than the entirety of "Recipe for Disaster"... but youll have to wait to find out more. We're adding secret hints and references all the time about this one, so if you need to know more, just look around! Leave no stone unturned....

Chronologically, this month's Grandmaster quest will be #147.

(This is assuming the Learning the Ropes doesn't count as a quest, and QuestHelp doesn't count it so neither am I)

One thing, though: it seems suspicious that they previously doubted it would be ready for 2008, and here it is, ready for November, not even pushed to December. Unless they were just being cautious so as not to disappoint?

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did Jagex say this quest was it?

When did anyone say this was the 150th quest? Everyone I've seen has been saying "Weird, this is the 147th quest. Hmm..."

cliffside1ra5.png

All this talk about the special November Grandmaster quest... when did they EVER say it was the 150th? As far as I can see, they didn't.

Finally, we'd like to let you in on a little secret we're currently working on our highest level, longest, most exciting quest ever. Not necessarily for launch in '08 (it's not something we want to rush, after all), its already had more development time than the entirety of "Recipe for Disaster"... but youll have to wait to find out more. We're adding secret hints and references all the time about this one, so if you need to know more, just look around! Leave no stone unturned....

(This is assuming the Learning the Ropes doesn't count as a quest, and QuestHelp doesn't count it so neither am I)

One thing, though: it seems suspicious that they previously doubted it would be ready for 2008, and here it is, ready for November, not even pushed to December. Unless they were just being cautious so as not to disappoint?

Well if you want to get technical, 147 + tutorial is 148, Halloween quest is 149, so, this could very well be the 150th quest.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Well if you want to get technical, 147 + tutorial is 148, Halloween quest is 149, so, this could very well be the 150th quest.

It's 145 without the counting all that, not 147. I already counted all the quests, so without the tutorial quest, the Grandmaster one is 147. With it, it's 148. There's no way it adds up.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

As to when it is, there is your answer

sindarin00.png

[hide=Drops]Barrows: Ahrim's Robeskirt (2)

Dragon: Plateskirt (3) : Left Halfs (2) : Med Helm (1) : Boots (14) : Spear (3)

Treasure Trails: Sara Platebody (1)

Slayer: Leaf Bladed Sword (9) : Granite Helm (3) : Granite Maul (1) : Black Mask (3) : Abyssal Whip (2)

Other: Obby Cape (1) : Obby Maul (2)

Splits: Shield Left Half (1) : Dragon Med Helm (4)[/hide]

I dunno. I'm not really sure how this can be the quest they talked about, because it seems that would mean we get two "headline" updates for this month.

Also if this IS the fabled quest, don't forget that since the aug 15th update, there was the change to how they made updates. Maybe making less updates pushed this quest for an earlier release? Confusing...

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I dunno. I'm not really sure how this can be the quest they talked about, because it seems that would mean we get two "headline" updates for this month.

Also if this IS the fabled quest, don't forget that since the aug 15th update, there was the change to how they made updates. Maybe making less updates pushed this quest for an earlier release? Confusing...

I know!

My first impression was that the quest this month would be a prequel to the real quest coming as #150 sometime in january

But I think jagex doesnt consider the number 150 to be as special as 50, or 100

203rd to 99 farming

Morionic_guy-Kaldra_Champ.gif

As to when it is, there is your answer

No, just no. That means it could be released in 2008 just as good as 2009, as long it's ready

LOL nice post number two...

Unspam: Didn't bts say there would be 2 big updates every 2nd month?

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

People assumed the 150th will be big because apparently every 50 quests there's a big one. Which is just a coincidence really. I'll let them off for the 100th, because 100 is usually a milestone in alot of things. But 50 and 150 aren't really that important.

Also, Jagex have never said, or even hinted as far as I know, that they'll do something special every certain amount of quests. So for me, people saying, "oh, in like a month's time after their first epic quest, there'll be an even harder one" just sounds idiotic. Especially with no concrete evidence to go on.

I'm curious for the reward. :o

A couple bags of crisps, a coupon for your nearest bowling alley, and a gift card signed by Jenny Heward(yeah, I have no idea who she is. I just made her up, enjoy).

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

A couple bags of crisps, a coupon for your nearest bowling alley, and a gift card signed by Jenny Heward(yeah, I have no idea who she is. I just made her up, enjoy).

It's you, isn't it?

What's me?

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

It's you, isn't it?

What's me?

Jenny Heward.