Tip.it clan discussion is biased you say?

Gamerr

If they made an Clan Events Section it would be the most inactive section in all of Tip.it. How many clan-events topics do you see here right now? Even this topic is referring to the warring aspect of a clan section.

Skilling clans don't post because they don't feel like they have a place to post.

What would skilling clans post? I'm not flaming, that's a genuine question lol.

Haha. I guess we're looking for a place where we can post events results (so clan staff can get an idea of our clan's activity) and also a place where we can possibly organize joint events. I know the majority of clanners here really don't care much about skilling clans... and likewise, I don't care to spend my time browsing through the war results forum. That's why I believe it's been decided that we'll have separate forums.

Basically, warring clans war, they post war results. Skilling clans do skilling events, and we'll post skilling event results. ;)

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

In response to those saying TIF CD is strict: I'm trying to get that relaxed, which is what we intended in the first place.

Unbiasedly, I'd have to say clan moderators, relative to this specific spot in time, have been more impartial than partial.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Still, what is there to post? The only thing I could find suitable is monster hunting trips and skill wars. Other than that, there's nothing to post.

Then how do you want to measure our activity?

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Still, what is there to post? The only thing I could find suitable is monster hunting trips and skill wars. Other than that, there's nothing to post.

Then how do you want to measure our activity?

Do we need to? Warring clans thrive on rivarly, which is why it's good to post wins and talk about them on fansites, but I don't know if there's as much as a point for the rather more peaceful activities of skilling clans.

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

Hehe I can promise you that there exists rivalry between skilling clans aswell. ;)

Hopefully they can use it to interact aswell, to create skilling wars and other competitions, or just more or less competitive joint events. And as said, some of the clans who focus on both community and warring have asked for a place to show their events except for recruitment topics. If we can offer this, I don't see why we shouldn't.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Hehe I can promise you that there exists rivalry between skilling clans aswell. ;)

Hopefully they can use it to interact aswell, to create skilling wars and other competitions, or just more or less competitive joint events. And as said, some of the clans who focus on both community and warring have asked for a place to show their events except for recruitment topics. If we can offer this, I don't see why we shouldn't.

The point is that it's not the event that is creating rivalry.

pan.png

I am rather new to this forum, but it was suggested on our clan forum to visit this forum. I visit RSC but I don't post to often. The flaming gets bad on there sometimes.

I was happy to read that moderators are not abusing power of locking and moving threads. I find that totally annoying. I have to say that I enjoy reading this forum more than rsc personally. It may be because I am not 12 lol.

WG is a combination of war, skill, and community clan. I like to read about all that, so dividing the clans up may cause me to actually read less.

rachelkn7ld0.gif

It is pretty much impossible to be rid of the tag of being "biased", as if you warn someone for flaming or something along those lines then some people are going to hold a grudge and say they didn't deserve it or whatever. I think all you can do on the whole biased thing is keep doing what you are doing, and basically give no ammunition. After a while people will see that the bias on these boards isn't as bad as it sometimes is in other places and views might change. I don't think it is something you can really concentrate on, it is more of a long term goal to get people to stop labelling tipit as biased.

What needs to actually be worked on is the amount of people viewing these boards, that will go part of the way to getting you a better reputation aswell and is the main problem with tipit at the moment. saying that it works both ways and like you say you need a reputation before you can get people here. I have no ideas on how you might do it :oops:

maybe a sub forum for skilling clans might be an idea (I have never seen one of those on RSC, maybe I have overlooked one because I have always been part of a warring clan) if there isn't one elsewhere that might attract some interest. Although I have no idea what type of weird and wonderful things might go on in there :D

Do you want to love me?

Ah yes, the ole "Tip It Is Biased!" argument.

Sorry about that... I kind of helped start that initiative back in the old days... But hey, Tip It WAS horribly bias at the time.

As for now? Not in the least, from my knowledge. Bias is still alive and well on other boards though. That's for sure.

The problem with Tip It is an interesting one. My thoughts are as follows:

1) Bias: The people who still cling to that belief that this forum has issues with Moderators are bias are simply believing what they have been told. These people are sheep. YOU DO NOT WANT THEM! If you want this place to be run into the ground by idiocy, then go right ahead and attempt to bring these people back. Trust me, it will be a mistake. You'll regret it instantly.

2) Cater to your audience: Tip.It is home to a number of smaller clans, everyone knows that. So why not try and get these clans more active within your community? Send out invitations to a great number of clans that do post on Tip.It (the smaller clans) and give them your message.

"Hey members of _____ Clan. We know you are proud of your clan, we know you have an interest in clans, so come check out our clan section". Something along the lines of that. Play up the image that Tip.It is a place where people can maturely discuss clans.

3) Image: Right now, I would imagine that the image of these boards is not the greatest. Most people probably think that this is just where "newb clans" hang out, where skiller clans hang out, where insignificant things happen. That needs to change. Desperately. A revamped image to focus on the intellectual side of the members of Tip.It, rather then their levels would be a good first step. If you happen to be skimming across another forum, and see someone posting intelligently there, then hey, why not send them a message and invite them to come check this place out? If it works, it works. If it fails, no harm done.

4) Be Different: There have been a lot of forums/websites started in the past dedicated soley to clans. Heck, Tip.It back in the day used to have articles on their main site about clans. Something like that would be nice to see again. It may not be feaseable in the same sense, but trying to keep track of Clan Events via some sort of weekly article may help generate some interest. Sort of like a Clan Newspaper. The key is to not only focus on clans that call Tip.It home, or the top clans, but incorporate both. There's lots of other things you could do too. Guides to starting a clan, editorials, interviews with important clan figures (both tip it/non tip it), features on specific clans. It would certainly help give a boost to your local (clans calling tip it home) clans if you were talking about them.

There's a lot of things you can do right there that could better tip it. I'd personally like to offer my help & experience to you guys, I'd love to see Tip It's Clan section back on its feet again. Since I dont' play Runescape anymore, but am interested in clans still, this is a kind of forum I would like to see grow. One where people can come, and post intelligent debates without worry of having it be spammed by stupidity.

Good luck

member.png

Former Leader of The Corruption

Proud Founder of The Corruption

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a

small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker

country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in

strength."

Sorry about that... I kind of helped start that initiative back in the old days... But hey, Tip It WAS horribly bias at the time.
The problem now is that our history has become a huge burden to the oldschoolers, who are generally the most respected. Of course, we're trying to reverse that thinking.
2) Cater to your audience: Tip.It is home to a number of smaller clans' date=' everyone knows that. So why not try and get these clans more active within your community? Send out invitations to a great number of clans that do post on Tip.It (the smaller clans) and give them your message.

"Hey members of _____ Clan. We know you are proud of your clan, we know you have an interest in clans, so come check out our clan section". Something along the lines of that. Play up the image that [b']Tip.It is a place where people can maturely discuss clans[/b].

Our main goal is to become the center for clans once again, as it was in the old days. That includes both the smaller & bigger ones. But, bigger clans don't follow the minors, it's the other way around. It's better to cater to the larger clans so if we get them, the smaller ones will tag along too.
3) Image: Right now, I would imagine that the image of these boards is not the greatest. Most people probably think that this is just where "newb clans" hang out, where skiller clans hang out, where insignificant things happen. That needs to change. Desperately. A revamped image to focus on the intellectual side of the members of Tip.It, rather then their levels would be a good first step. If you happen to be skimming across another forum, and see someone posting intelligently there, then hey, why not send them a message and invite them to come check this place out? If it works, it works. If it fails, no harm done.
Yeh, I see no harm in that either. I'll be on the lookout, I suppose.
4) Be Different: There have been a lot of forums/websites started in the past dedicated soley to clans. Heck' date=' Tip.It back in the day used to have articles on their main site about clans. Something like that would be nice to see again. It may not be feaseable in the same sense, but trying to keep track of Clan Events via some sort of weekly article may help generate some interest. Sort of like a Clan Newspaper. The key is to not only focus on clans that call Tip.It home, or the top clans, but incorporate both. There's lots of other things you could do too. Guides to starting a clan, editorials, interviews with important clan figures (both tip it/non tip it), features on specific clans. It would certainly help give a boost to your local (clans calling tip it home) clans if you were talking about them.[/quote']We have the Clan Chronicle which covers clan news, & soon, it will be heading a whole new direction that involves larger clans. If you're looking for past articles, search it up or look at the original one, "The Absolutionist."

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

The problem now is that our history has become a huge burden to the oldschoolers, who are generally the most respected. Of course, we're trying to reverse that thinking.

-Maybe so. But at the same time, the people who think this way still probably aren't going to change their minds, or even give it a shot. If you suggest it to them, they'll probably reply with "lol tip it is bias i dont care" or something stupid like that. These arent the people you want to attract. Old-school or not. Trust me.

Our main goal is to become the center for clans once again, as it was in the old days. That includes both the smaller & bigger ones. But, bigger clans don't follow the minors, it's the other way around. It's better to cater to the larger clans so if we get them, the smaller ones will tag along too."

-I think that all you're going to do by this is turn your back on your loyal users, the smaller clans. Do you REALLY want something like RSC, where you get the constant barrage of idiocy spewing out from members of big clans? Of course those big clans have their members who are worthwhile for a clan forum, but I don't see why you would actually want the huge crowd of stupid people that comes with it. You would simply push the small clans away by doing so.

We have the Clan Chronicle which covers clan news, & soon, it will be heading a whole new direction that involves larger clans. If you're looking for past articles, search it up or look at the original one, "The Absolutionist."

I actually didn't see that until after I posted. My mistake. But something like that should be a sticky, just update it every week (or whatever it is now, I think a week would be best). Keep records of the old ones of course, it would be a useful tool for those who want to read about past events. I don't think you should turn the focus to only big clans, and I hope you dont intend to as far as the Chronicle goes.

member.png

Former Leader of The Corruption

Proud Founder of The Corruption

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a

small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker

country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in

strength."

Yeah I don't think tip.it should try and copy rsc. It's nice in one way in that it's very very active (topics can get thousands of replies within hours) and that the top clans all use it, but it's kinda annoying sometimes how many idiots use it. It's not as bad as the official forums in terms of idiots lol, but some of the people are definite jerks. I remember tip.it being a bit like that when I first came across it years and years ago, only some of the jerks were moderators haha, which is where the bias idea comes from. That and the crazy rules like banning you if you posted a screenshot that showed you used swiftkit.

Anyway, I'd suggest trying to get it more active, but not with the same top clans that rsc uses. Go for the little guys, many of whom will relish the extra place for recruitment. Clans like Unknown Bountyhunters and The Viet Clan and other smaller rsc-based clans. The top clans just want a place to flame each other over their deeply ingrained rivalries pretty much, and rsc is perfect for that. They don't need fansites to recruit - their names (and wins) are enough usually - so they won't see a "point" in coming back to using tip.it. Smaller clans, and people who already use tip.it but not the clan discussion, are the people you need to target imo.

Not that as a member of a top clan I wouldn't appreciate you all sucking up to me to get me to post more :roll: ;). lol

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

Yeah I don't think tip.it should try and copy rsc. It's nice in one way in that it's very very active (topics can get thousands of replies within hours) and that the top clans all use it, but it's kinda annoying sometimes how many idiots use it. It's not as bad as the official forums in terms of idiots lol, but some of the people are definite jerks. I remember tip.it being a bit like that when I first came across it years and years ago, only some of the jerks were moderators haha, which is where the bias idea comes from. That and the crazy rules like banning you if you posted a screenshot that showed you used swiftkit.

Anyway, I'd suggest trying to get it more active, but not with the same top clans that rsc uses. Go for the little guys, many of whom will relish the extra place for recruitment. Clans like Unknown Bountyhunters and The Viet Clan and other smaller rsc-based clans. The top clans just want a place to flame each other over their deeply ingrained rivalries pretty much, and rsc is perfect for that. They don't need fansites to recruit - their names (and wins) are enough usually - so they won't see a "point" in coming back to using tip.it. Smaller clans, and people who already use tip.it but not the clan discussion, are the people you need to target imo.

Not that as a member of a top clan I wouldn't appreciate you all sucking up to me to get me to post more :roll: ;). lol

Will hugs do? *hugs*

Anyway, I agree, I would not really like to see this become like RSC because as you pointed out there are a ton of idiots there.

I really like the slightly lower-key atmosphere we have here.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

cookies and hugs? I think it's time I bookmarked tip.it :lol:

enzock.gif