Best way to train Mining?

Unknown_Warrior

So, I'm going for 70+ all skills, and I'm two off for completing that goal. Mining and Firemaking. Now, I'm not concerned about Firemaking, but what is the best (preferably fastest) method of training Mining?

I have access to all things that could help (ie: Varrock Armour 3, Enchanted Water Tiara, etc).

And, when mining a star, what is a good clanchat or method for finding stars without having to wait an hour every time?

Thanks in advance!

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Granite mining is the best.

A method for finding stars: telescope, super energies and the ability to scout a big area methodically. I find it's the most reliable of all and will more often than not get you start that aren't entirely swarmed by a star clan (who thought up those anyway? Stars are not meant to be mined by 50 people in 1 minute for 40 dust/each).

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

A method for finding stars: telescope, super energies and the ability to scout a big area methodically. I find it's the most reliable of all and will more often than not get you start that aren't entirely swarmed by a star clan (who thought up those anyway? Stars are not meant to be mined by 50 people in 1 minute for 40 dust/each).

Ermm. I have mined some stars. And i ALWAYS get 200 dust. No mather how many people who are "competing" for it.

Archer%20Pzyco.png

Archer_pzyco.png

Ermm. I have mined some stars. And i ALWAYS get 200 dust. No mather how many people who are "competing" for it.

You clearly haven't seen some of the massive clans that exist. Or rather, several big clans ganging up on one star. You can be there in the beginning yet you won't get 200 dust unless the star's very big. At least, I experienced this.

You're being watched.

Still does not help me find stars fast. I'll still have to hop like 30 worlds to just find a star that's about to drop.

And can mining be made fun? Because powermining granite is still painstakingly boring.

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Still does not help me find stars fast. I'll still have to hop like 30 worlds to just find a star that's about to drop.

And can mining be made fun? Because powermining granite is still painstakingly boring.

Mining is born to be tedious.

You can make it a bit more fun by having a populated clan chat, or friends to talk to. Maybe learn to "memorate" the moves, so you can watch television inbetween. ::'

Archer%20Pzyco.png

Archer_pzyco.png

Mixing power mining granite with kyatt/iron ore could save you from getting burnt out so easy.

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Powermining granite in the desert happens to be the BEST way to level mining, apart from perhaps stars (depending on the star level).

The idea is to camp out at the Quarry. I'm not sure if waterskins can be filled with humidify (90% sure they can), but that would be better than the Enchanted Water Tiara. (You only need 4 slots to powermine, 3 for the runes, 19 slots for waterskins = 80 drinks. That's about 3 gp per drink and 3 magic xp per drink, while 1 drink on the Enchanted Water Tiara is the cost of 3 waters (about 35gp?) and no magic xp.)

Use a Lava Titan if you can, I believe the Obby Golem also gives a mining boost, although I may be wrong. Regardless, use any helpful familiar you can.

That's the absolute fastest mining xp possible in this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myZ-gwJudoE

You could try wearing a funny cape or pants, I'd suggest a funny hat, but since you'd need a water tiara to avoid a horrible painful death, a hat is right out.

Also might I suggest bringing a magpie, if you're dumping your inventory of ore, you might want something that forages gems and jewelry. Pie are good for "standing in one spot" open inventory tasks.

curmudgeony.png

Powermining granite in the desert happens to be the BEST way to level mining, apart from perhaps stars (depending on the star level).

The idea is to camp out at the Quarry. I'm not sure if waterskins can be filled with humidify (90% sure they can), but that would be better than the Enchanted Water Tiara. (You only need 4 slots to powermine, 3 for the runes, 19 slots for waterskins = 80 drinks. That's about 3 gp per drink and 3 magic xp per drink, while 1 drink on the Enchanted Water Tiara is the cost of 3 waters (about 35gp?) and no magic xp.)

Use a Lava Titan if you can, I believe the Obby Golem also gives a mining boost, although I may be wrong. Regardless, use any helpful familiar you can.

Helped TONS. Cheers man.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

You could try wearing a funny cape or pants, I'd suggest a funny hat, but since you'd need a water tiara to avoid a horrible painful death, a hat is right out.

I heard desert robes are pretty funny.

You're being watched.

In terms of waterskins, i never bother with humidify. Always just take some cash and buy new waterskins from the camp nearby. Takes a little longer, but i can't do the humidify spell. Either way, it's quicker to mine granite.

Can be boring, but just do a few levels at a time if you're easily bored, and break it up by being in clan chat or something.

mining is going to be boring but so is any other skill if you POWER level it...it was totally boring power mining iron in the hob goblin mines cause i was f2p at that time but i forced myself to do it and i used to hobgoblin mine so that i would be far away from distractions lol...almost died but hey 85 mining is a fun exciting thrilling money maker ;)

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

Powermining is easiest with iron. Iron is always one hit, so you can click on rock, drop your ore, and click on the next rock. Then drop the next ore, click on the rock again, etc. I found this the fastest way on my path to 99. However the rough xp with granite might be faster, the mining pattern I just described makes sure you don't have any irritating hick ups, thus keeping you focused for a longer period of time.

Powermining is easiest with iron. Iron is always one hit, so you can click on rock, drop your ore, and click on the next rock. Then drop the next ore, click on the rock again, etc. I found this the fastest way on my path to 99. However the rough xp with granite might be faster, the mining pattern I just described makes sure you don't have any irritating hick ups, thus keeping you focused for a longer period of time.

Definitly quicker with granite. You're right in pointing out that iron comes without the occasional hiccups, but granite usually one or two strikes aswel, and better xp on average.