Your stance and belief on the Paranormal/Psychics/ECT

NoMoreDead

I've had too many experiences to deny that things like that exist. From hearing foot steps when nothing was there, to seeing full body apparitions. Though I don't know i'd say ghost.

Its called a hallucination and there are pills to fix it.

I used to hear voices and see things all the time. Pills and a bit of investigation (wind blowing though things is weird) fixed it right up.

Almost none of the standard paranormal experience defy science, what science are you talking about?

Now the following are just some of many possible explanations, and I've just gone for the absolute simplest dumbest (and probably also easily testably false ones too - but you get the picture)

Telepathy, no different to radio communication, except generated by some biological means, could equally be done by induction of the electrical currents in the brain.

Telekinesis, action at a distance is very common in physics, think gravity or electromagnetism

Faith Healing, some versions of quantum mechanics have consciousness as affecting the observer, if belief is part of consciousness then belief could affect and change reality.

Crystals - resonance may exist in the structures of crystals which could theoretically absorb energy on some theoretical psychic wavelengths.

Ghosts - If crystals could absorb pyschic energy then rock could possibly take the imprint of a human as repeat it, most hauntings are in buildings.

Absolutely Anything, if humans were capable through consciousness of altering reality, as quantum mechanics suggested then altering ones perceptions could alter the universe, in a multiverse where everything possible occurs, all that is required is for a person to attune his mind correctly in order to achieve any result possible, from turning water into wine, walking on water, or even the spice girls having a good record.

Now I'm not saying that these explanations are remotely likely to be correct, most of these have however been theories proposed, all are scientifically possible and whilst they have been disproved now, I'm giving examples of scientifically feasable ways in which unusual phenomena could be part of a rational univese.

In science its almost impossible to prove something cant happen cos pretty much anything can.

Just out of curiosity and because im aware of the large number of christians on the forums, do those of you who believe in faith healing believe in faith healing for religeons other than your own?

I am not sure how other Christians are, but I would believe in Catholic/Jewish faith healings but not, for example, healing for buddists, muslims and other religions that aren't pretty much a branch of Christian/Catholic/Jewish religion. If something happens for a different religion I will put it down as the work of Satan.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Just out of curiosity and because im aware of the large number of christians on the forums, do those of you who believe in faith healing believe in faith healing for religeons other than your own?

I am not sure how other Christians are, but I would believe in Catholic/Jewish faith healings but not, for example, healing for buddists, muslims and other religions that aren't pretty much a branch of Christian/Catholic/Jewish religion. If something happens for a different religion I will put it down as the work of Satan.

(I don't believe that one bit. We all believe in the same God, particularly monotheist religions.)

Anyways. I like your post that scientifically explained that, Shin...

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Just out of curiosity and because im aware of the large number of christians on the forums, do those of you who believe in faith healing believe in faith healing for religions other than your own?
Interesting I did wonder how that would be perceived, anyone else?

I really cannot understand the logic behind that, even if there is any. It's staggering to me how people will follow something that blindly if they have sufficiently warped minds.

Of course, I can understand why you would want to believe in religion; I can understand how you can believe in faith-healing or other areas of the "paranormal"- but as most monotheistic religions worship the same god, what possible evidence is there to suggest that (s)he should in any way favour one particular group because of the way the choose to "worship" him/her.

Interestingly, you believe in Catholic or Jewish healing but not that of other religions. Why those particular beliefs behind faith-healing?

To give my personal opinion on the supernatural, I believe in none of it; I will admit, despite this, that on some occasions, with faith-healing, the delusion is so strong and the healed so passionately believes it will work that they are psychologically healed. In most cases, however, people merely attribute their recoveries to faith- which shows how religion explains gaps in human knowledge, but is ultimately unneeded.

If absolute power corrupts absolutely, where does that leave God?

Interestingly, you believe in Catholic or Jewish healing but not that of other religions. Why those particular beliefs behind faith-healing?

I would presume that the answer is that since none of the other religions gods exist they couldnt have healed someone, since they wouldnt have been praying to the Christian god, he wouldnt have healed them, the only person left with an abilities would be Satan, as a method to lure people away from the 'correct' faith. It does make sense.

The reason behind Catholics and Jews being allowed is that those are derivations of the same religeon so they are praying to the same god (I'm guessing).

The reason behind Catholics and Jews being allowed is that those are derivations of the same religeon so they are praying to the same god (I'm guessing).

Every Abrahamic God is the same exact thing. It's just the methods of worship and in most cases location that matter.

Also, time - Judaism first, then Christianity, then Islam is the baby.

I believe that anything is possible, if you were to put forth real effort to doing it and in a proper manner. However, I think that MOST of these TV personalities can't in reality do anything. The people who can are likely not finding the idea of the publicity which it would garner very pleasant. Imagine how some nuts in various groups would react?

For example, take the Pyrokinesis power. This works (I think) in a similar manner to Telekinesis, only it increases the temperature of a localized area rather than picks up/moves an item. Now, as a similar thing, remember that a somewhat specialized exercise in yoga allows the user to raise/lower their body temperature by as much as 10 degrees Celsius. All that would have to be done for someone to learn to use Pyrokinesis is figure out how to amplify this and project it. And for those who think it's just a mechanical byproduct and localized to the body, might I remind you that if that were true, Olympians would probably be upwards of 15-20 degrees hotter than the rest of us? Prove that to me, and I can see that.

If you want me to go further, then I will, gladly. I could probably describe a way to implement a lot of things, if given some time to think it through.

Also, in response to Lent's post on the God issue; I thought I was alone on that, really. However, I take it one step further. Most of the religions on this planet have as a main tenet that the delegation should act towards others in a kind manner, regardless of the person. This singular fact, and the fact that a bunch of other building blocks of each religion are similar to each other, make me believe that a MAJORITY of the various religions are somewhat like looking at a sculpture from various angles. They're all looking at the same thing, just from different perspectives. I say this as a Christian, by the way.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I've had too many experiences with the paranormal to deny it. Hell, I've made believers out of many friends as well. I used to have the ghost of an older man in a suit haunting my house. I brought a bunch of friends over one night and told them nothing more than there were 2 ghosts in my house. One was a man and the other a wolf. Most of my friends reported back (well, screamed and came running back to me) with descriptions that matched perfectly to what my family and I had been seeing in our house. It's taken a while and quite a few Native American rituals, but I haven't seen or heard anything out of the ghosts I saw so much of. I sleep peacefully these days but there's very little excitement left in my house haha.

I've had too many experiences with the paranormal to deny it. Hell, I've made believers out of many friends as well. I used to have the ghost of an older man in a suit haunting my house. I brought a bunch of friends over one night and told them nothing more than there were 2 ghosts in my house. One was a man and the other a wolf. Most of my friends reported back (well, screamed and came running back to me) with descriptions that matched perfectly to what my family and I had been seeing in our house. It's taken a while and quite a few Native American rituals, but I haven't seen or heard anything out of the ghosts I saw so much of. I sleep peacefully these days but there's very little excitement left in my house haha.

Curious. What sort of things had you been seeing?

It seems more likely that your confidence in the rituals is what now allows you to 'sleep peacefully' (and no longer notice the anomaly) rather than the rituals themselves (i.e. the placebo effect).

Eh, I think I used to have a ghost girl. From the forties, she was murdered. I just realized it one day, I don't know how. She's gone now, though.

She was the first one to live here, too. Her name was Anna.

Curious. What sort of things had you been seeing?

It seems more likely that your confidence in the rituals is what now allows you to 'sleep peacefully' (and no longer notice the anomaly) rather than the rituals themselves (i.e. the placebo effect).

For the longest time I would wake up at night and the ghost of the man would be sitting on the edge of my bed, he would stand in a corner near me when I watched tv, and generally make himself noticeable at completely random times. The wolf was generally around my brother's room and he even claims to have heard it clawing at his door one night and thinking it was one of our dogs he opened the door and found nothing there. And while he was going to open the door he says he heard breathing coming up behind him. Needless to say he didn't stay in his room after that. My mom also had experiences of waking up with the man sitting on the edge of her bed as well. The oddest thing that happened to me before I started actually seeing the ghost was that my bathroom door opened from being completely closed without my aid (and I was home alone so nobody else could open it and walk away). I tried not to think anything of it while I finished my business but it creeped me out..

I will agree with you on the idea of the placebo effect. But I have some faith in herbal medicines and ancient rituals as well.

I'm not exactly sure what I believe. I don't believe in ghosts, and I don't believe you can contact the dead. But I believe pyschics have a sort of demonic power, so they see the future in a sense, but it isn't true. To be honest, I'm not sure.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I believe that there is some amount of paranormal activity, but I do not believe that people have with paranormal abilities, like telekinesis and other powers like that.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Just out of curiosity and because im aware of the large number of christians on the forums, do those of you who believe in faith healing believe in faith healing for religions other than your own?
Interesting I did wonder how that would be perceived, anyone else?

Looked like sarcasm to me. I doubt even the head of Westboro church has the balls to tell a suddenly healed (for one reason or another) buddhist/muslim/hindu man or woman that it was because "Satan did it".

Looked like sarcasm to me. I doubt even the head of Westboro church has the balls to tell a suddenly healed (for one reason or another) buddhist/muslim/hindu man or woman that it was because "Satan did it".

The WBC is INSANE. I wouldn't put it far from them.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

Denying the existence of all paranormal activity is denying that mankind has not answered everything in the universe so far. Sometimes I think everything is connected to each other and there is a force out there that we can't observe or confirm and it causes strange things to happen. On the other hand, I think this little niche of mystery triggers some people to blow things out of proportion and make complete fabrications just for entertainment. There are plenty of hoaxes around, but I do believe in fate and all that stuff.