Ohai. I like prayer.

RayOxide

Not really. I hate it. But I'm 3 levels from achieving Chivalry, and half way through Kings Ransom, so, I plan on actually getting chivalry.

But not Piety yet, that's another 10 levels, and quite a bit of money. I do have enough cash for it, I just really dont wanna use that much on it.

Anyways, the questions I have are;

1. Should I use chivalry on every slayer task I have? Or a selected list of them?

2. Would replacing my glory with a stole be a good idea? A stole is 10k, a glory is 47k+/-, and I'm sure an extra 7 (3 from glory) would make up the loss of attack/strength/defence from it.

3. How fast does chivalry really drain? Say with +10-+13 or so prayer bonus?

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Ray.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I use prayer on all of my tasks,and instead of a glory/stole change, im using verac skirt and prossy top, Piety usually lasts all through my tasks ( I bring prayer potions or a SGS). You should pray for all melee-able tasks.

Stole glory thingy, Try veracs and prossy, chivalry is enough that you wont need to use any other boosting prayers.

Ofocurse our stats vary so I don't know if you can sacrifice melee defence with prayer boosting for certain tasks.

Yeah I was thinking of getting a verac skirt, but I kinda just dont really find it too necessary..

@Storm, I usually pot up and use black mask on my tasks, so that and chivalry is seriously owned.

Piety has like the same rate as chivalry drain rate. except chivalry stinks in comparison.

I Think verac skirt prossy top, fury, trimmed cape is a great pray combo for pray boost. 11 pray bonus piety/chivarly wont last long at all and wouldnt be worth it. I just use bandos top/bottom, fury,trimmed cape (11 pray boost) its fine for 10% but anything more your pray wont last.

I highly recommend the +10% str prayer. I hit 5 less with that then i do with piety but i still rip through tasks (i hit 46 with whip vs 51 with whip) the accuracy bonus is nice but barely warrants the extra 10-20 ppots a task.

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

1. NOO, unless you have very close access to an altar.

2. I've done it a couple times, if you decide that the prayer > accuracy for you, go ahead.

3. Not exactly sure, sorry D:

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Ok I am completely confused on your opinions. Before you were talking about ranging every slayer task, and that is the the best way to train range and slayer and you were talking about spending more time being worth the small boost in profit ect. Now you are saying you want to melee every task with a bad prayer, so you are no longer ranging and you are wasting money for something that will not give you a noticable advantage, especially at your stats.

An alternative for prayer training is to burn Vyrewatch. From my experiences it is relatively fast and nets a decent profit. It is a pretty decent all around melee trainer actually. I know that was not your question but figured I'd offer it anyway.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

There's a good calculator on runehq for prayer drain rate, here it is- http://runehq.com/guide.php?type=calculator&id=00695

With 60 prayer using only chivalry, 1.57 minutes. (1 minute 34 seconds)

With 60 prayer using only chivalry with a +10 bonus, 2.09 minutes. (2 minutes 6 seconds)

With 60 prayer using only chivalry with a +13 bonus, 2.24 minutes. (2 minutes 25 seconds)

With 70 prayer using only piety with a +13 bonus, 2.62 minutes. (2 minutes 42 seconds)

.......................................................BTW, im guessing on this number :thumbsup:

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

woot.

You are one with the matrix.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Petry Amwose if you ask me.

I range every task I can with void. If I cant tank in void ill melee it with 10% str pray.

I still need 3m slayer exp for 99, ill only get 1.5m off 99 range, so why bother ranging bad tasks when I can melee them more efficiently and still end with 99 slayer and range but in less time.

and piety speeds my tasks up 5-10 minutes for the cost of like 100-200k. Its not worth it to me.... ill have to be making over 1m an hour for it to be cost efficient imo

Not sure who im talking to here really, but thats my stand point on prayers and range during slayer lol

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Piety has like the same rate as chivalry drain rate. except chivalry stinks in comparison.

I Think verac skirt prossy top, fury, trimmed cape is a great pray combo for pray boost. 11 pray bonus piety/chivarly wont last long at all and wouldnt be worth it. I just use bandos top/bottom, fury,trimmed cape (11 pray boost) its fine for 10% but anything more your pray wont last.

I highly recommend the +10% str prayer. I hit 5 less with that then i do with piety but i still rip through tasks (i hit 46 with whip vs 51 with whip) the accuracy bonus is nice but barely warrants the extra 10-20 ppots a task.

10% Str prayer drains more than piety...

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

10% Str prayer drains more than piety...

Wha? Just 10% str drains a lot slower than piety o_o

I wouldn't use chivalry or piety on all tasks since it's kinda a waste and you should get a fury.

Campbell, if you dont understand my opinions, then you're one stupid jerk.

The drain with a stole instead of a glory is only 30 seconds, so.. I guess its not really worth it.

Maybe if I do get 60 I should use it with say..

DD specials?

And btw Campbell if it isnt "good for my stats" why does every "hardcore slayer" suggest getting "70 prayer"?

Yes i know thats piety but woop-de-do, same thing

Don't use prayer it's just a waste of money since it only speeds up task maybe 10-20 minutes which may add up but your spending alot. Pure sets are good enough.

The only time I use piety is when I have full prayer and it's mid task and I have the chance to recharge it with SGS specials. But if I'm praying a task I flash piety when I special.

All in all flash prayer while specialing and thats it.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012