I feel its time to remove non ge trades.

123Yourgone

Good thinking but, really it's because of the GE that this problem was caused. It allowed for no free market. Nobody can make money from merchanting. Merchanting is an essential part of any economy. Just look for example: United States, China, Etc. Basically when JAGeX made the GE people attempted to find a loophole in the system where "Merchanting" could take place. Originally we had to go to trade worlds and forums to find the items we were looking for. Im not completely against the GE, but when they made it they completely eliminated all conversion type skills profit. Conversion meaning: Herblore, Crafting, Smithing, and Cooking. The one's that were left were time based skills: Farming, Fishing, Mining and Woodcutting.

I dont think the problem is free trading, I think thats great. The "junk" trading however is a way to bypass the trade limit. I think your ideas were very good but poorly put together, since you demanded a solution but honestly; Do you really expect only GE trading to actually happen? And how hard would it affect RS?

This is what JAGeX needs to do:

Observe trades trades from certain players. The quest point system should be where for each quest point you obtain it increases a % of your total wealth which can be transfered. For example aplayer with all the quest points would be able to distribute 40% of his wealth. Now think about it. 40% of millions is pretty good regulation. I dont know what the exact percent of what it should be but just for an example i used 40%. But Seriously what you said is just plain ridiculous, I dont see how it would do anything but make people mad.[stats][/stats]

40% What kind of lunacy is this? gtfo of my topic.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not a dragon plate. Like you said, "comparing dragon claws to the dragon plate is like comparing a cloud to a buffalo". The claws actually have a purpose. The claws are the best ko weapon to date, while the dragon plate is just a poor man's 3rd age melee set, worthless for anything but looks. The claws are rare and incredibly effective, and if you can't recognize the KO power in that weapon you must have the IQ of a chipmunk.

Actually, the claws are for show only...just like the plate. Its not a good k0 weapon, and its hits are fairly sub par. Not nearly as good as say a whip. A DDS or AGS spec is much better. You won't even be able to get the claws to hit into a good k0 range.

You should probably go see some claw specs ingame. They have the same "AGS spec" effect, where you see all those 100+ hits on youtube, and believe that all specs are like that.

I got a pair of D Claws, and to date has only did 2 50+ damage specs.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

No, it's not a dragon plate. Like you said, "comparing dragon claws to the dragon plate is like comparing a cloud to a buffalo". The claws actually have a purpose. The claws are the best ko weapon to date, while the dragon plate is just a poor man's 3rd age melee set, worthless for anything but looks. The claws are rare and incredibly effective, and if you can't recognize the KO power in that weapon you must have the IQ of a chipmunk.

Actually, the claws are for show only...just like the plate. Its not a good k0 weapon, and its hits are fairly sub par. Not nearly as good as say a whip. A DDS or AGS spec is much better. You won't even be able to get the claws to hit into a good k0 range.

You should probably go see some claw specs ingame. They have the same "AGS spec" effect, where you see all those 100+ hits on youtube, and believe that all specs are like that.

Thats wierd, the day i got mine i got 7 or 8 pks in a row, one on full bandos, one on full torags, highest single spec was 66 damage.

I like your arguments but I do disagree because:

1. Free market: at least I hope this applies here. Runescape is (partially) a free market. This was almost murdered by JaGex by installing the trade limit and having controls over prices. If someone wants to sell items with "junk" they should have the right to do that.

If someone really wants the item but doesn't want to get "junktraded" they can push the button that says decline and walk away. The people who sell "junk" are just using marketing strategy to get rid/make profit from there excess bank space.

2. I kinda make money with Grand Exchange merchanting so please stay away from my infinit money source :evil: ;)

~Hi.

Is RSI like AIDs?

Thats wierd, the day i got mine i got 7 or 8 pks in a row, one on full bandos, one on full torags, highest single spec was 66 damage.

Well, you are either lying or very lucky. I belive the former. PKing with those is just stupid. It costs alot, and is not more effective than whip. They don't hit high without special, and the special is very unreliable.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Well, you are either lying or very lucky. I belive the former. PKing with those is just stupid. It costs alot, and is not more effective than whip. They don't hit high without special, and the special is very unreliable.

Or your just a noob, i have 99 hp and i pk daily, i know how to pk and i know whats good to pk with, i was known on these forums as a pker long before you even made your forum account.

Why would i need to lie? i only play the game to pk, if d claws were not good for pk i would be flaming them just as badly as anyone else.

But seeing as they ARE good for pking i quite like them.

Learn to pk then talk trash.

if you remove trading all together and leave just the ge... think of the chaos.

people wont be able to interact with in the worlds away from the ge.

what about people just starting the game and not even knowing of the ge.they will be helpless.

and the removal of junk trading is a bad idea.

instead of removing it all together the price of an item should be able to drop past its lowest or rise past its highest limit in one day.

^one good example- d claws people are saying they are worth 20m+ but then again the ge price is far below that. if it really is worth 20m shouldnt the ge price be just about that anywayz. but no it cant rise past its highest limit in one day thus it takes over a month for it to get as high as its value.

joer125.png

JaGex's legal issues not withstanding, I think the game was better BEFORE the removal of unrestricted trading. I'm willing to accept that some nerd who lives in his mom's basement is RWTing, and while it bugs me, I'm simply looking at the positives in that unrestricted trade made it so much easier to buy sell stuff at it's actual value without having to junk trade. I remember I got an expensive furnatiure item from a level 3 clue. I put in on the GE since I had no use for it. The initial price was 990k. It took over a month for the price to degrade to where I could finally sell it, somewhere around 46k. Seriously. just let us trade like big kids jagex.

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

oh and...

maybe just account for trades outside of GE so taht way the market prices stay everywhere

i would hate to not be able to trade items for items...

you would have to sell something then buy something else...

and go through that search thing and whatnot...

what if suppose you were fishing on salmon for XP and someone was trading you feathers for them then they would cook them and trade someone else for the feathers, that way player A (the fisherman) gets his fishing XP player B(the chef) gets his cooking XP and player C (the warrior) gets his food!

if you think about it before the GE thats really how it worked... even if over a long period of time...

Minicliper13.png

Minicliper13.png

Until the problems with bad pricing in the GE is totally fixed, then trading should not be removed, and in my opinion, it should not be removed after that.

I personaly feel that we need some freedom in how/what we trade. This was all but removed when the trade limit came into effect. And using junk trading was our way of exercising some fredom, and also sorting out problems with GE prices.

Junk trading does NOTHING to sort out ge price problems, the only thing that does is *gasp* using the ge.

I don't care about interaction for trading, it doesn't make any difference who you buy off, and i have had very few pleasant experiences trading on runescape over the nearly 8 years i have played.

The grand exchange will not work the way it was designed as long as players are able to trade outside of its system, its flawed in that way, the current system means merchants can manipulate prices and cause a fall that puts prices below ge price, thus making trading for these items with junk the only option, if you don't have junk too bad.

The fact is regardless of what you think an item is worth the game would be better off if we all just traded at jagex's prices untill the ge balances out and reaches our own desired prices.

I agree that dragon claws are underpriced in the ge, and jagex really dropped the ball on that, and i do say that if the trade system was removed that jagex should have a much more competent team setting prices of new items.

Runescape in my eyes has always been an economy sim. I DONT WANT JAGEX TO CONTROL THE ECONOMY. I believe we the players should control it, since we are the ones buying and selling. Mod Andrew doesn't need any pixel items on his own game, but I sure as hell do.

If people are figuring out ways to make money by merching off the GE, more power to them.

P.S I will quit RS for good if they take out player to player trading.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with this, non GE trades are indeed ruining both the trading system (obviously) and the RS economy...

Merchers just trade junk for items which people worked, sometimes for years to get... :-# indeed non Ge trades should be "erased" or at least severely controlled.

animsig.gif

Thanks to Vey for the hawt siggie <3

• 3 weeks later...

"ruining the game"

kind of reminds me of the Jagex response to RWT. Like in all other games, RWT was relatively minor issue, but then it is blown out of proportion by generally just saying that it is "ruining the game". That is nothing but a shock tactic, and nothing you said implies that the game is ruined. At worst, what you have described sounds like a very minor inconvience.

If the GE system worked, then you would not even have to think about it. If the GE actually worked, there would be no junk trading. The fact that there is junk trading shows a defect of the GE, not the players.

I think I am going to go buy something with junk now, just becasue I saw this thread.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Why not focus on fixing the junk instead? Junk is junk because it's overpriced, such as maple longbows (u), these are overpriced because for some reason unknown Jagex decided to make it so that they can't go below 144 gp each. If this limit to how long this item can go is taken away, they will obviously go down to a price where people would actually buy them, thus making them non junk. They can fix all other junk items in similar ways, yet they don't do it for some reason.

If they fix junk so they don't become junk anymore, then we wouldn't have to worry as much about junk trades.

People will still trade outside ge, and items will still not rise and fall accordingly, we have no need for a non ge system anymore except for pots food ect.

i still think that fixing junk tradings a better way tbh, feels like you have more freedom.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

OH God no no no no!!!!!!! What you are suggesting is even more stringent price controls. Please do not do this. Why are you mad about some guy buying 65 d chains and making 18mil?? why not just do it yourself?? it would be a good way to make money. Unfortunately, you seem to follow the same line a thinking that Karl Marx did. If you dont have it, no one else should either. Please just give up the game and dont ruin it by complaining that you made a stupid mistake by sellin a phat. you didnt have to sell it, you just did. if you didnt want the junk, why the hell did you sell it? So you must have thought that you wanted the junk more then the party hat. Stop complaining.

Read this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=779636

and stop complaining.

pere_grin.png

I'd be fine if trades became GE only, but I can see where people are coming from when they say that to take away player to player trading would take something away from the game. I think the issue is junk trading, and that eliminating that would be best.However, I'm not sure how that could effectively be done unless trades were made GE only.

Seraphyna.png

Seraphyna.png

Too tired to read...

Anyway this is a dumb idea, i think this whole controlled economy thing jagex has going on is a very bad idea. The junk trading is a good and great thing!!! Yes it doesn't change the prices, however it stands up to this absurd thing jagex has going on. It's actually guess what...omg omg omg...a economy like before where it's supply and demand o.O...amazing. I personally am against all these dumb limitations in rs now, completely ruins the game and makes it a single player game with occasional player interaction XD. To be honest all these limits and regulations set in place are just shortcomings for two simple facts, 1. Illegal business, means etc etc w/e, are always and I repeat ALWAYS going to be in place everywhere, it's just how the world works some play by the rules other's don't, and with these new changes on trade and pking it's only making the good ppl suffer, which clearly is not fair (jagex needs to realize this). 2. The fact that jagex has no considerable means of stopping this problem, maybe if they spent half the time they spend on pointless quests and stupid things like banning ppl for "offensive language" they could come up with a viable and intelligent solution to this problem. But i guess that's simply too much to ask.

Nway yes this turned into a rant...etc etc

FLAME AWAY!!!

Db29_yo.gif

db29_yo.png

I know this is going to get flamed but hear me out.

I feel that outside ge trades are currently ruining the game, people are only trading in junk and not cash now even for rare and expensive items, i recently had to sell a yellow party hat for 108m in junk because no one would trade cash full stop.

The ge is a good system, it rises and falls by supply and demand, however if there is numerous trades going on outside the ge there's no way it can adjust and serve its purpose.

I think that the ge should be the only way to trade any item worth more then your own trade cap (so you can give pots/food at godwars for example).

And stricter limits need to be applied to stop merchants taking advantage of the ge, i recently saw a picture of one guy buying 65 d chains and profiting 18m in a day, this should not be possible. no one needs 65 d chains, any item over 1m should only be buyable in at a rate of say 1 per 4 hours.

How were you "forced" to sell it? You don't have to sell anything unless you want to.

Also, with only 2 ranked skills, how did you get one in the first place? -_-

• 4 weeks later...

Disagree with this post. I've always enjoyed the trade element between players. Other points that players have made including trading between friends for food etc, and theres a social element to player trades.

I think it was you're own fault for the yellow phat as it was you who accepted the junk as the trade when you really didn;'t have to. You could have said no. The trouble is players got greedy with fixing prices over such stuff. You'll complain that you lost out because of the g.e. prices but so did we all. Thats life.