I feel its time to remove non ge trades.

123Yourgone

I know this is going to get flamed but hear me out.

I feel that outside ge trades are currently ruining the game, people are only trading in junk and not cash now even for rare and expensive items, i recently had to sell a yellow party hat for 108m in junk because no one would trade cash full stop.

The ge is a good system, it rises and falls by supply and demand, however if there is numerous trades going on outside the ge there's no way it can adjust and serve its purpose.

I think that the ge should be the only way to trade any item worth more then your own trade cap (so you can give pots/food at godwars for example).

And stricter limits need to be applied to stop merchants taking advantage of the ge, i recently saw a picture of one guy buying 65 d chains and profiting 18m in a day, this should not be possible. no one needs 65 d chains, any item over 1m should only be buyable in at a rate of say 1 per 4 hours.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, Whoa, steady... :shock:. Sure the removal of non GE trading would remove the junk trading system (which is a problem, but a convenient way to get rid of seemingly useless byproducts of skills such as fletching and woodcutting,) however, it would take out the essence of the game itself. Say you were with a team of 3 at the God Wars Dungeon. Players X and Y are rangers trying to take down Kree from afar, and there is a singular tank (lets call him Z) taking all of the damage. X and Y needs no space in their inventory for food or health restoring potions, but Z sure does. If there was no trading outside of the GE, Z could only use their inventory of food (and maybe their Beast of Burden's food,) however, if there is the current system implemented, Z could use his inventory of food, the inventories of both X and Y, and X, Y and his own beast of burden. That's over one hundred spots (assuming they are all using war tortoises or better,) and would mean that they can be down there for triple the time than if there was no trading outside of the GE. Perhaps only certain items such as food and potions should be tradeable outside of the GE :thumbup:

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Whoa, Whoa, steady... :shock:. Sure the removal of non GE trading would remove the junk trading system (which is a problem, but a convenient way to get rid of seemingly useless byproducts of skills such as fletching and woodcutting,) however, it would take out the essence of the game itself. Say you were with a team of 3 at the God Wars Dungeon. Players X and Y are rangers trying to take down Kree from afar, and there is a singular tank (lets call him Z) taking all of the damage. X and Y needs no space in their inventory for food or health restoring potions, but Z sure does. If there was no trading outside of the GE, Z could only use their inventory of food (and maybe their Beast of Burden's food,) however, if there is the current system implemented, Z could use his inventory of food, the inventories of both X and Y, and X, Y and his own beast of burden. That's over one hundred spots (assuming they are all using war tortoises or better,) and would mean that they can be down there for triple the time than if there was no trading outside of the GE. Perhaps only certain items such as food and potions should be tradeable outside of the GE :thumbup:

Now read my post again where i already said exactly what you just posted.

Why not focus on fixing the junk instead? Junk is junk because it's overpriced, such as maple longbows (u), these are overpriced because for some reason unknown Jagex decided to make it so that they can't go below 144 gp each. If this limit to how long this item can go is taken away, they will obviously go down to a price where people would actually buy them, thus making them non junk. They can fix all other junk items in similar ways, yet they don't do it for some reason.

If they fix junk so they don't become junk anymore, then we wouldn't have to worry as much about junk trades.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Why not focus on fixing the junk instead? Junk is junk because it's overpriced, such as maple longbows (u), these are overpriced because for some reason unknown Jagex decided to make it so that they can't go below 144 gp each. If this limit to how long this item can go is taken away, they will obviously go down to a price where people would actually buy them, thus making them non junk. They can fix all other junk items in similar ways, yet they don't do it for some reason.

If they fix junk so they don't become junk anymore, then we wouldn't have to worry as much about junk trades.

People will still trade outside ge, and items will still not rise and fall accordingly, we have no need for a non ge system anymore except for pots food ect.

People will still trade outside ge, and items will still not rise and fall accordingly, we have no need for a non ge system anymore except for pots food ect.

Only 100 of one item per day need to be exchanged on the GE for the price to be able to change (with the exception of partyhats where even 0 exchanged can change the price now). So I don't really see the problem. And if there is a problem, they could make it so that all items rise and fall in price like partyhats do, so that even if 0 items are exchanged (which only happens with partyhats and crackers anyway) the prices change.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Now read my post again where i already said exactly what you just posted.

Two things

a) I did not see that on your initial post, are you sure that's not just a new edit implemented into your post? :?

B) I did plan to go into further detail than my first, quite frankly superficial statement, but I had to take a shower :lol: . The trade limit is still not a very good system, not everyone enjoys quests, and as the amount that you can trade is directly proportional to the number of quest points you have, people that are not very big on questing would suffer. Also, supplies could cost a lot more than 60k (which is the MAXIMUM that can be traded,) if a whole inventory plus a BoB for multiple people is needed to be traded to a common tank (with prayer potions at 8k each, super stat restores at around 9k each and sara brews at god knows how much,) so people may need some amount of money above the trade limit to be able to accept a full inventory of supplies at one time. Not to mention that this is only food, what a lot of GWD teams are doing to change things up a bit are using "common" weapons, i.e. people changing roles in the middle of the run (e.g. from tank to ranger,) by 'trading' equipment, and using cash (either from coinshare or brought from the bank,) to pay the difference.

Tbh, it would be just too hard to remove trading fully, and it would also remove a lot of the nostalgia that people are feeling from RSC. It would also cut down on the interaction between people in the game, and we all know that we pay $12 a month to be insulted by 6 year olds for not putting in enough money on your side of the trading screen :lol:

P.S. Also, where does this leave F2P clans, and pkers? I guess that's best left for another post :D

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

I think that the Grand Exchange is to faulty yet to completely remove non-GE trading. I also think that if Jagex did remove non-GE trade then it would make Runescape almost anti-social in a way, and discourage team activities.

Please remember not to post all in one color, for those on other skins it is hard to read your post. :)~Shaz

lethargick.png

Until the problems with bad pricing in the GE is totally fixed, then trading should not be removed, and in my opinion, it should not be removed after that.

I personaly feel that we need some freedom in how/what we trade. This was all but removed when the trade limit came into effect. And using junk trading was our way of exercising some fredom, and also sorting out problems with GE prices.

Foth.png

And come to think of it, what a shtty idea. You want us to be unable to get food from a partner, to be unable to do a lot of interaction we can now just because some people don't want to sell a rare item for a paltry 200k? Get out. :roll:

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

And come to think of it, what a shtty idea. You want us to be unable to get food from a partner, to be unable to do a lot of interaction we can now just because some people don't want to sell a rare item for a paltry 200k? Get out. :roll:

Go read the first post then comment, if you cant even read the first post then im not going to debate you.

Go read the first post then comment, if you cant even read the first post then im not going to debate you.

My bad, sorry. Still, I reaffirm my opinion.

You're being watched.

Until the problems with bad pricing in the GE is totally fixed, then trading should not be removed, and in my opinion, it should not be removed after that.

I personaly feel that we need some freedom in how/what we trade. This was all but removed when the trade limit came into effect. And using junk trading was our way of exercising some fredom, and also sorting out problems with GE prices.

Junk trading does NOTHING to sort out ge price problems, the only thing that does is *gasp* using the ge.

I don't care about interaction for trading, it doesn't make any difference who you buy off, and i have had very few pleasant experiences trading on runescape over the nearly 8 years i have played.

The grand exchange will not work the way it was designed as long as players are able to trade outside of its system, its flawed in that way, the current system means merchants can manipulate prices and cause a fall that puts prices below ge price, thus making trading for these items with junk the only option, if you don't have junk too bad.

The fact is regardless of what you think an item is worth the game would be better off if we all just traded at jagex's prices untill the ge balances out and reaches our own desired prices.

I agree that dragon claws are underpriced in the ge, and jagex really dropped the ball on that, and i do say that if the trade system was removed that jagex should have a much more competent team setting prices of new items.

If this happens Jagex really needs to set better prices for new items. Setting dragon claws at 150k for example was utterly ridiculous considering they're probably a rarer drop than the 10m shards and are a lot more useful and desirable. I honestly wouldn't want anyone to be forced to sell something at an unreasonable price so that the price can go up, just because Jagex is apparently incapable of predicting what the prices will be. A good idea I think would be, for the first week, let players trade the items at ANY price they want. Then after the first week, set the price at the average of what everyone is trading them for. If they would do that, I'm all for removing junk trading.

Actually, in that case junk trading would be gone, therefore there'd be no need to remove trading. That would probably be the long-awaited fix, but Jagex is too chicken to do it, in fear of players RWTing with an extremely rare item (they could always overview out-of-whack trades).

You're being watched.

Actually, in that case junk trading would be gone, therefore there'd be no need to remove trading. That would probably be the long-awaited fix, but Jagex is too chicken to do it, in fear of players RWTing with an extremely rare item (they could always overview out-of-whack trades).

You're somewhat right about it fixing a lot of the junk trading, but you still have problems with items that were once tradeable on the GE going into the junk trading realm thanks to some freak price fluctuation/price manipulation; which is why removing regular trading would be a good idea. Items that already have a reasonable price couldn't jump to a higher price overnight because of manipulators since they have nowhere else to make their trades but the GE. You know how items that are going up in price are unbuyable on the GE currently? This wouldn't be quite so much the case if it weren't for junk trading.

As for RWTing with new items, I can't see it happening. Either the buyer or seller would have to acquire one of the items in the first place, and then they'd have to hope that nobody else was selling for a lower price or buying for a higher price at that present moment. When I try to buy something for max GE that is selling for mid, I get it at mid, and get the difference in cash back. I can't see how this would be any different. It's relatively much easier to Xfer in BH anyway...

You're somewhat right about it fixing a lot of the junk trading, but you still have problems with items that were once tradeable on the GE going into the junk trading realm thanks to some freak price fluctuation/price manipulation; which is why removing regular trading would be a good idea. Items that already have a reasonable price couldn't jump to a higher price overnight because of manipulators since they have nowhere else to make their trades but the GE. You know how items that are going up in price are unbuyable on the GE currently? This wouldn't be quite so much the case if it weren't for junk trading.

As for RWTing with new items, I can't see it happening. Either the buyer or seller would have to acquire one of the items in the first place, and then they'd have to hope that nobody else was selling for a lower price or buying for a higher price at that present moment. When I try to buy something for max GE that is selling for mid, I get it at mid, and get the difference in cash back. I can't see how this would be any different. It's relatively much easier to Xfer in BH anyway...

Basically, we agree on more than 50% of the ideas. Let me introduce another perspective as well, though: why would it be good for Jagex to control the economy even more (by removing normal trading), what with RWT already purged from RuneScape (oh, except for BH, where anyone can RWT at impunity with just a little skill :-w )? However, lot of players would protest if Jagex would destroy normal trading, and Jagex can only stretch it too much before the people who aren't entirely addicted to RuneScape decide that this game just doesn't cut it anymore and then get addicted to World of Warcraft instead. Junk trading here, junk trading there, I don't see the point of this whole suggestion, especially since your previous post mirrors my idea 100% and is in my opinion a risk-free way to ensure normal prices without RWT.

You're being watched.

Perhaps a good idea would be to tie standard trading to GE-value. If Jagex would pay attention to junk trading, they could use it to see what items should go for what, then work those into their GE prices.

The Grand Exchange itself is probably one of the best updates that any MMO could have had. It's a shame that its prices can't keep up with its player base, and that it generally was released with bad news.

The Grand Exchange itself is probably one of the best updates that any MMO could have had. It's a shame that its prices can't keep up with its player base, and that it generally was released with bad news.

I don't think that it's that great. I mean, plenty of MMORPG's had systems of mass trading before the Grand Exchange came out, and even though I feel dirty saying this, I am compelled to include the numerous Auction Houses in that dreaded game that i'm not even allowed to mention on this forum, but rhymes with...um...pearl of clawfast? :?

Am I kicked off the forums now? :cry: :cry: :cry:

dungensweapers.png

Okay, this may be getting off topic, but I don't care. The matter is decided imo. Where is this so called topic? I wanna go flame someone so bad :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

dungensweapers.png