Inappropriate username option

punk4ever

I'd like this option added to the report system. Throughout my day I see tons of people with an inappropriate name and it's just.. not right :?

Lots of bashers of races, ethnicity, religion..etc. This might stop some of the negativity in RuneScape from spreading I say :P

Just a thought :wink:

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or how about people with an annoying ammount of numbers in their name.. like john12372136725348924724324432...

Yea thats annoying :? i hate writing them in my friend list

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

or how about people with an annoying ammount of numbers in their name.. like john12372136725348924724324432...

It's not john12372136725348924724324432's fault that there were 12372136725348924724324431 johns before him.

too bad most of the characters that i DONT use have no numbers in their names...:(

ChocoboT.jpeg

Let's make babies!

It's not john12372136725348924724324432's fault that there were 12372136725348924724324431 johns before him.

yea it is, he shoulda gotten on RS earlier.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

Names with lots of numbers are unoriginal, they should choose something interesting, as for adding them, you can just right click ;)

But yes, many usernames should be disallowed - although I'm unsure if jagex has the facility to change them :-?

~Cameron

yea it is, he shoulda gotten on RS earlier.

So what do you suppose he do about it? Invent a time machine? Good idea, Dr Emmett Brown.

I always though they sould have done something about . His name is a little diffrent, but it's still very offensive. I've seen quite a few others like , ... etc. Why do they censor almost every thing even close to 'bad' in chat but not names... very good question. My name plzdiequick is censored like p***iequick... only thing i've though of is they think it's lsd.

Join the Corruption Clan... Tip.it's #1 PlayerKilling clan.

Check out my.

myrsblog.PNG

Click the little www link below.

Names with lots of numbers are unoriginal, they should choose something interesting, as for adding them, you can just right click ;)

But yes, many usernames should be disallowed - although I'm unsure if jagex has the facility to change them :-?

~Cameron

Not change them.. ban them. They've done it before with . He was about 110+ and they banned him. That's the main case I know :?

punk4ever.gif

~Cameron

Not change them.. ban them. They've done it before with . He was about 110+ and they banned him. That's the main case I know :?

So I'm guessing it wasn't "darn" :|

They should disable the names from being created, but not ban. What if I thought "punk" was an offensive stereo-type? I know it's not the same as a racial slur, but it's ultimately Jagex's fault for allowing those certain words through. This isn't factory recall. They can't take away the name without taking away the work people put in to the character. They ought to make a bit more of an effort to eliminate these words. But I don't think they should punish people because of their mistakes...

I'm not at all saying I support such user names, and I'm not saying Jagex is slacking off. Obviously their interests lie somewhere else at the moment and the best you can do is just don't take it personally. Regardless of the name, there was work involved in building the character's stats. If you spent so much time, you wouldn't want to be banned because Jagex all of a sudden changed their standards.

=mtw=

i smoke and i drink

does that make me mature

Not mature, it just makes you cool.

.::RollinOn XTC::.

Total::1953

Combat::131.1/123.1

dont take it personal... im old-school-as-f**k

Guest Appropriate_Username

I got banned for having the word 'Poop' in my name... Pooppie21 is very inappropriate

but no longer am i inappropriate, im appropriate

~Cameron

He didn't get banned for the name, idiot.

autotrained right?

=mtw=

i smoke and i drink

does that make me mature

Not mature, it just makes you cool.

.::RollinOn XTC::.

Total::1953

Combat::131.1/123.1

dont take it personal... im old-school-as-f**k

~Cameron

yeh he was banned for char sharing his way to 99 hp.. everyone knows that :roll:

Pdj.png

[02] -RuneScript- *** [ END ]: You gained 444,384 prayer exp in 5secs. That's 319,956,480 exp/h.

~Cameron

was actually banned for auto maging farmers. nothing to do with the name....i believe i recall him posting screenshots of him talking to a mod about it and it was no big deal.

btw. dont rag on guys with numbers. i own das and das1330 on runescape. and i like das1330 better. sounds more cooler then just das

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Guest airsofter

stop whining!! goddam!! oh no someones name says [wagon] in it! now i wanna make jagex put in an option to report them!

~Cameron

yeh he was banned for char sharing his way to 99 hp.. everyone knows that :roll:

Guess I didn't. Excuse me for being human :roll:

punk4ever.gif

Okay hopefully I didn't miss anything..... :?

Guys, please, if there was an inappropriate name you saw, report it, don't say it here, even those that already have had some sort of action taken towards them (whether it be a ban because of their name or because of something else). The No Naming Names rule does still exist. :-?

Carry on.