on car stereos...

ice_ring

ok i'm thinking of buying a system for my car, I have around 1000 to spend and i really know nothing about car stereos so could someone fill me in on what quality im gonna be getting and make some suggestions?

i really want to get something nice but I'm totally lost on how all this works... :oops:

Well me personally I hate the bass systems. I dont see anything wrong with putting some money into a nice CD player, and some nice speakers to get a really crystal clear sound. I can't stand those cars that drive around and all you hear is the bass and their trunk rattling. That rattle 9 times out of 10 is worse than the bass.

Ive always had good products from polk audio, and boston accoustics. They give a great sound without overwhelming bass.

Well me personally I hate the bass systems. I dont see anything wrong with putting some money into a nice CD player, and some nice speakers to get a really crystal clear sound. I can't stand those cars that drive around and all you hear is the bass and their trunk rattling. That rattle 9 times out of 10 is worse than the bass.

Ive always had good products from polk audio, and boston accoustics. They give a great sound without overwhelming bass.

I agree. Please don't put a huge bass system in your car which rattles the 20 other cars around it... :lol:

CD player with mp3 support = Good

6x9 speakers = good

sub in boot(trunk) = BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you buy some really high quality kit AND shove it in professionally in a high quality car it will sound like crap. Your car will rattle, it will sound all tinny and generally make you look like a prat.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I bought a Kenwood CD/MP3 player for about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã80, and a set of Infinity 6x9 speakers on sale for ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã50. I see no point in spending any more really, i can crank my system as loud as hell, and the sound quality is superb.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

CD player with mp3 support = Good

6x9 speakers = good

sub in boot(trunk) = BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you buy some really high quality kit AND shove it in professionally in a high quality car it will sound like crap. Your car will rattle, it will sound all tinny and generally make you look like a prat.

Couldn't agree more.

If you want to put a sub in the boot, you better not do it yourself.

Unless you happen to do such mods for a living... and given your post.

You don't :P

What kind of car do you have? I just got screwed over because my car had a huge spot on the dash where the old cd player was and I put in a new head unit and an ipod adapter. No one carried anything to fill up the gap that was created in the dash and a custom one I had to be built. I went one place expecting for free installation and ended up somewhere else and spent way too much in my opinion.

i suggest u get a 2000 watt amp, any kind works, u can even geta pioneer, get 2 10s or 2 12s in the back, any kind with good dbs such as roxford, pioneer, phenoixdown are good, wat i got, also if u do that dyno matt ur car in da back so nuttin rattles, dun forget behind license plate, um inside, i suggest get kenwood or pioneer speaks , mids, and TWEETERs are a must with bass so u sync the noice good around the whole car and the highs and lows are flowing right, get a nice headunit and ur good :) installin is easy dun get a store to do it, not worth the 100 bucks

-mega-

alpine=good

get a cd player with mp3 support, get two 6x9's for the back of the car, and get two 4x6's for the front (thats what both of my cars that i installed stereos in took, yours may be different)

that wont go over $500, and if you want a little bass just get really good 6x9's in the back.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

alpine=good

get a cd player with mp3 support, get two 6x9's for the back of the car, and get two 4x6's for the front (thats what both of my cars that i installed stereos in took, yours may be different)

that wont go over $500, and if you want a little bass just get really good 6x9's in the back.

Won't go over $500? I just spent 270 alone on just the head unit.

Yes, alpine and pioneer are good.

http://www.crutchfield.com has an option so you can see what fits your car before you get too attached to something that won't work. Plus it just has a lot of good selection :D

Won't go over $500? I just spent 270 alone on just the head unit.

Yes, alpine and pioneer are good.

http://www.crutchfield.com has an option so you can see what fits your car before you get too attached to something that won't work. Plus it just has a lot of good selection :D

CD player - 250 to 300

2 front speakers- 100

2 back speakers -100

around 500 at most.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I would go with Sony made car stereos. Speakers dont matter. Sony has the best skip protection around (generally). My friend has a really expensive Pioneer sound system however give it a lightly scratched disk and a few bumps...lets just say its not pretty. On the other hand my cheap Sony deck never skips, even my portable cd player has better sound, better skip protection etc than the Pioneer unit. Of course that pioneer model might just be a dud, however from past experiences i would recommend you to try to go with Sony or Aiwa if you can.

I have a pioneer head unit, as do some of my friends and have only had good experiences with them so far. I also have the great option to get the ipod adapter to go with it which i havent done yet. But from my experiences i would recommened pioneer or alpine products. However when buying the stuff you need make sure you are with someone who knows a bit more about it so they can advise you on what you will actually need to buy so you don't get conned in to things you dont need

seph54646lrlr.jpg

The system that came with my car is good enough for me thanks. I turned the bass up so I can hear the bass line (which is my favourite instrument in a rock band), but not loud enough to hear it outside the car. Unless your car has no system, just stick with what you've got. It's easier, and has usually been designed to creat the best sound within your car's chassis.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I have an Alpine CD player (with mp3 support) that was about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100 and some Kenwood 6x9's that were about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã80. I might change the speakers in the long term because at high levels they pick up a lot of static/distortion.

My mate had a Goodmans CD player for like ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30 from argos that skipped practicaly everytime he changed gear, he eventually managed to give it away but he struggled.

Not really on topic but the new Golf GTi has an amazing sound system with a couple of subs as standard and that seems to sound amazing at any volume, and theres a "disable passenger airbag" button, how cool is that!?

I have an Alpine CD player (with mp3 support) that was about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100 and some Kenwood 6x9's that were about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã80. I might change the speakers in the long term because at high levels they pick up a lot of static/distortion.

My mate had a Goodmans CD player for like ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30 from argos that skipped practicaly everytime he changed gear, he eventually managed to give it away but he struggled.

Not really on topic but the new Golf GTi has an amazing sound system with a couple of subs as standard and that seems to sound amazing at any volume, and theres a "disable passenger airbag" button, how cool is that!?

Thats awesome, my roommate will be getting a golf GTi within a couple of weeks :D

seph54646lrlr.jpg