Master's Achievement Diary

SirHartlar

1. Why? That seems like a completely pointless reward. THe whole point of a tri-weapon is that it is unique and actually useful. The AD cape could be another addition but there is no way I'm replacing the weapon I based this idea around. :P

2. Again, two hours a day isn't a lot and 10% isn't overpowered either. Let's say someone takes the weapon to Armoured Zombies and averages 90k experience an hour. In two hours, you'd obtain 18k more experience on top of the 180k you'd already received. That isn't a lot, but it is enough to make using the weapon worth it.

I think I have misunderstood you here. Do you get the bonus exp by operating the weapon on and off then using a different weapon or by using the actual tri-weapon. If it's the latter then I have misunderstood you and it makes perfect sense then.

Picture3-1-1-1.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent idea! Full support, but I agree that some of the tasks could be made harder (such as 3 minigame wins in a row instead of 3, etc.).

Put this on RSOF asap :D

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Excellent idea! Full support, but I agree that some of the tasks could be made harder (such as 3 minigame wins in a row instead of 3, etc.).

Put this on RSOF asap :D

I think it should be 3 in a row too :thumbsup: .

1. Why? That seems like a completely pointless reward. THe whole point of a tri-weapon is that it is unique and actually useful. The AD cape could be another addition but there is no way I'm replacing the weapon I based this idea around. :P

2. Again, two hours a day isn't a lot and 10% isn't overpowered either. Let's say someone takes the weapon to Armoured Zombies and averages 90k experience an hour. In two hours, you'd obtain 18k more experience on top of the 180k you'd already received. That isn't a lot, but it is enough to make using the weapon worth it.

I think I have misunderstood you here. Do you get the bonus exp by operating the weapon on and off then using a different weapon or by using the actual tri-weapon. If it's the latter then I have misunderstood you and it makes perfect sense then.

It's the latter. ;)

3. The whole point of this AD idea is to be challenging, should I remove the Abyssal Demon task because it would make more people get that level? I don't think that is a good idea, if people spend the time to work on the longer tasks then they deserve to be within that group of players who have done the same. Everyone does things on this game for different reasons, I don't see the difference in hunting Chompies for hats as opposed to hunting them for an AD task to be ticked off.

Forgot to add this in my last post, but I think I should explain my reasoning differently. To me, higher level orge hats are something that you rarely see, and it's part of an "elite" group. These people got these for pretty much no reward, just for the challenge or to have something that's different. It's the same reason you would plan for hundreds of hours at castlewars to get full gold armor. It's generally done to have something different, because not everyone can put up with that much of something. Now a fair argument would to say that you're no asking for the top one, you're asking for one of the higher ones. I still feel like this would take away from the people who did this to have something different, and that it could be replaced with something from Burgh De'Rott ramble (full lumberjack), Pest Control (Full void + all helmets), or even treasure trails (show a level 3 scroll?). There are many, many minigames to choose from, and you can create challenging things if you need. :)

And because I'm just so curious, I assume you don't have to kill all of the daggonath kings in one go? (You can make multiple trips for each?)

Picture3-1-1-1.jpg

3. The whole point of this AD idea is to be challenging, should I remove the Abyssal Demon task because it would make more people get that level? I don't think that is a good idea, if people spend the time to work on the longer tasks then they deserve to be within that group of players who have done the same. Everyone does things on this game for different reasons, I don't see the difference in hunting Chompies for hats as opposed to hunting them for an AD task to be ticked off.

Forgot to add this in my last post, but I think I should explain my reasoning differently. To me, higher level orge hats are something that you rarely see, and it's part of an "elite" group. These people got these for pretty much no reward, just for the challenge or to have something that's different. It's the same reason you would plan for hundreds of hours at castlewars to get full gold armor. It's generally done to have something different, because not everyone can put up with that much of something. Now a fair argument would to say that you're no asking for the top one, you're asking for one of the higher ones. I still feel like this would take away from the people who did this to have something different, and that it could be replaced with something from Burgh De'Rott ramble (full lumberjack), Pest Control (Full void + all helmets), or even treasure trails (show a level 3 scroll?). There are many, many minigames to choose from, and you can create challenging things if you need. :)

And because I'm just so curious, I assume you don't have to kill all of the daggonath kings in one go? (You can make multiple trips for each?)

I'm sorry but I think you're wrong for serveral reasons:

1.Those tasks are VERY hard as they are (I mean, c'mon, a challenge scroll? people hunt these for months), meaning people wouldn't just rush out on the 'easier' tasks right away, knowing it would be pointless without the harder tasks aswell, thus I doubt there will be a big increase in those.

2.Secondly, as you said, it's not even the top hat (althought I think it should be :roll: ).

3.Third, this is a mini-game-diary, meaning it should have all (or in this case most), of the mini games and mini quests there are out there, without leaving any of them behind.

You have to kill the Kings in one trip.

Delicious Idea. although UNLIMITED teleports to GWD dungeon? I'm thinking overpowered. i havent done GWD but in one day how many times do you go there? i think like a limit of 10-20 teleports to Gwd would be more reasonable.

Starcraft 2 - PCTahvo.617. Message me if you want to play, always up to play with fellow Tifers.

Delicious Idea. although UNLIMITED teleports to GWD dungeon? I'm thinking overpowered. i havent done GWD but in one day how many times do you go there? i think like a limit of 10-20 teleports to Gwd would be more reasonable.

I disagree, it will only replace trollheim teleport, and besides, for these tasks, it's worth it :P.

The only use of going to GWD are for the bosses, Spiritual monsters and Aviansies. The weapon itself will take up one slot anyway so people might be discourage from taking it if they are camping. If they use the weapon in the God rooms they are rewarded with not having to do the teleport trick to get an inventory full of potions, which is a nice bonus. Also, as romy said, it could also allow the user to negate the need for a Trollheim teleport if they are willing to have a super restore pot on hand to heal themselves from the icy winds.

• 2 weeks later...

Dang Sir Hartlar, very nice description of this diary that you want. I read on the first page a few people thought the chompie bit was too much, and i agree. Maybe some of the requirements need to be toned down a bit, and if this happened, maybe not release it all at once, since all of the items that need to be bought ( items to raise farming, herblore, crafting and such) would get jacked up in price. Overall great idea, would finally make something for all of the higher leveled players out there, and a reason to raise skills, even the ones that you hate.

10/10

killer%202650.png

Click here to visit my Blog

GWD Drops:: Sara Sword(2); Bandos Boots(2); Steam Staff Split(4)

Dragon:: Boots (16); Whips (2); Dragon (Skirt(2), Helmet(2), Left Half(3))

Dagganoth:: Axes(3) Berserker(3) Mud Staff(2) Seers(1)

No Barrows Drops

99's:: Fletching, Cooking, Attack, Firemaking, Defence,Hitpoints, Magic

The Orifice gives the user a 10% increase in non-combat exp, for two hours once a day

2 hours is a long time, and lots of skills aren't measured in time

It should maybe give a limited amount of xp, like 50k a day, sort of like the Stealing Creation items

btw, Congrats on 99 strength :thumbsup:

Very nice suggestion, I approve. However...

The orifice of guthix has 2 things wrong with it :

1-Its name sounds weird

2-It's quite overpowered.

I still like a lot the idea to make a ''grandmaster'' achievement diary.

Very nice suggestion, I approve. However...

The orifice of guthix has 2 things wrong with it :

1-Its name sounds weird

2-It's quite overpowered.

I still like a lot the idea to make a ''grandmaster'' achievement diary.

It is not overpowered...You should read some posts after reading a suggestion...

I would support but there are some things that I didn't like.

I think the crippled amulet 3 is a bit overpowered, I mean +7 pray bonus? It would make it better than fury in any senses (attack, strength, pray..).

And the Orifice of Guthix, well, the +30 magic attack bonus is really high, considering the best staff in game gives +20, and with the arcane shield it goes up to +40, maybe it should go to +20 (Same as master wand)

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

It is not overpowered...You should read some posts after reading a suggestion...

I, and by that I mean my very own person, believe that having a weapon with that many abilities is overpowered.

You have no right to assume I didn't read the posts, because I did.

Thanks for the posts guys, if you can actually post why the items are overpowered (as J35u5_M4 did) it makes it more helpful and actually constructive criticism.

@J35u5_M4 - I might consider making those changes, keeping the amulet with better offensive bonuses but worse prayer and strength than a fury might be an option.

• 3 weeks later...
be able to use your summoned beast and have the ruler of talent rewards be able to have dragon axes.

I don't quite understand what you mean about the Summoned beast, but to keep things balanced the tools will be equivalent to their rune counterparts.

Thinking of transforming this to an RSOF post today, look for an update and a quick find code soon. ;)